Cricket 24 - General Discussion

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Batting is good very good intact now but I find bowling so boring and dull I’ve bowled over 500 overs over the past 3 days against Australia, New Zealand and even tried bowling at jersey to see if it’s the ratings I struggle against but apart from more plays and misses against the poorer team it’s just not fun at all no rewards for bowling well or to a plan and can’t be bothered messing with all the players skills, shouldn’t have to to have a fun game

Not what I'm seeing at all, I'm having a wide variety of dismissals, clean bowled, edges to keeper/slip/gully, LBW, bounced out, yorked, caught in the deep, c&b. I absolutely love seam bowling on the latest patch.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not what I'm seeing at all, I'm having a wide variety of dismissals, clean bowled, edges to keeper/slip/gully, LBW, bounced out, yorked, caught in the deep, c&b. I absolutely love seam bowling on the latest patch.
Out of interest what teams are you seeing this with and what difficulty settings please ? I’m at a loss in seeing absolutely nothing

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
looks still the run out issue is there ,

1 - AI goes out from crease and get back
2 - Human Play goes out of crease and after hitting the ball and get stumps no control

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
looks still the run out issue is there ,

1 - AI goes out from crease and get back
2 - Human Play goes out of crease and after hitting the ball and get stumps no control
You can press cancel run to make sure he’s back in the crease I’ve had to do it a few times to make sure don’t get stumped after going wandering

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Out of interest what teams are you seeing this with and what difficulty settings please ? I’m at a loss in seeing absolutely nothing

Initially my own Irish domestic teams (all players between 70 and 60 ability) and now my Emerging Ireland team touring Bangladesh (Wastes Bangladesh squad with skills reduced, most players between 75 and 60).

I've been seeing some very genuine dismissals.

Settings are Batting and Bowling on Hard, AI Veteran and Physics Hardest.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
You can press cancel run to make sure he’s back in the crease I’ve had to do it a few times to make sure don’t get stumped after going wandering

That is not the case , Human player automatically comes out from the crease and got stump, No control from your side

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
I've not had a bad time bowling either. Just had 1 innings so far bowling as England to Australia in a test. Veteran difficulty, wicket chance 50. All manner of dismissals with seamers except for c&b and i didnt get any edges to keeper (i did with a spinner), Edges to slips/gully happened though. 1 run out where they thought about going for 2 but changed their minds but it was too late.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I mean the skills on Cricket 22 aren't inflated they're just applied differently. It depends what part of the skills are most important for how great the impact is.

I did a quick analysis of the skills of about a dozen players after encountering a partnership between Starc and Lyon I couldn't break. My main conclusion is it seems quite unbalanced. Which is what I always think is more important than anything. Bowlers with very high batting levels for example. But equally it may be only a small difference in skill points makes a huge difference between two players.

It is probably one of things that put me off giving career mode a real go though this time.
I'm guessing its something which won't be patched as creators are likely getting the blame.

The academy could be improved so much if they allowed you to download individual elements straight off the bat.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Out of curiosity those that are getting variety of dismissals and finding bowling enjoyable do you mind if I ask how you bowl ? Controls you use and your plan of you have one ? Do you change field often or not bother ? I bowl same line and length probably 4 balls an over and try mix it up the other 2

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
Classic controls i think its called, the one without analogue sticks. Probably bowl similar variations to you, outside off/off stump, either outswing or straight balls in a test match with the odd bouncer or inswinger each over.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Out of curiosity those that are getting variety of dismissals and finding bowling enjoyable do you mind if I ask how you bowl ? Controls you use and your plan of you have one ? Do you change field often or not bother ? I bowl same line and length probably 4 balls an over and try mix it up the other 2

Always pro controls and I bowl much the same as you, set a field and try and bowl to it with variations in length and seam angle/aftertouch, only changing the field periodically or if I'm trying to do something specific with a bowler.

Like the right saddo I am, I'll look before any match and jot down my bowlers strengths. If he's predominantly an inswing bowler I'll bowl largely inswing, if he's strong on bouncers/yorkers I'll bowl back of a length and mix it up between those. I definitely try to bowl differently with each bowler. I do often wonder if some of what I'm doing makes any difference at all, for example I'll only move aftertouch direction mid run up and generally not very much, in my head that makes more of a difference than swinging it round from 12 to 6 o'clock before you've started running. It probably doesn't make a jot of difference right enough but I'll keep doing it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I use no HUDs bill back for jump forward for release based on the bowlers action. Fields are attacking test fields.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Like the right saddo I am, I'll look before any match and jot down my bowlers strengths. If he's predominantly an inswing bowler I'll bowl largely inswing, if he's strong on bouncers/yorkers I'll bowl back of a length and mix it up between those. I definitely try to bowl differently with each bowler. I do often wonder if some of what I'm doing makes any difference at all, for example I'll only move aftertouch direction mid run up and generally not very much, in my head that makes more of a difference than swinging it round from 12 to 6 o'clock before you've started running. It probably doesn't make a jot of difference right enough but I'll keep doing it.
Should be able to pull something like this up in a match.

strenghts.pngstremghts2.png

I've still got my Alastair Cook one somewhere from when I was first asking about it during DBC 17 or Ashes Cricket. :cry:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Cheers everyone god knows where I’m going wrong maybe I’m messing about with the difficulties too much I do it in game a lot but when jersey are 80/1 (1 being a run out) on pro difficulty I know I’m doing something wrong when I’m bowling with Australia

Users who are viewing this thread