Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Hester

County Cricketer
Did you change anything under batting sliders? I swear I don’t even get a hint of an lbw or clean bowled wicket. Already on my 74th over and only had an inside edges from pace and edge from spin. Playing with re-skilled teams from 2000’s. Trying to fool batsmen with couple of outswingers then one inswing to get lbw or bowled wicket but the AI times the ball perfectly every single time. There is very nice play and misses but getting lbw or bowled wickets is impossible to me with default sliders like you say you use. Maybe it is the teams that I dowloaded that are too OP even after reskill.
I left the physics settings mostly unchanged but for difficulty I use: (for test)
Striker timing: 70
Wicket chance: 40
Bowl quality: 100
Run rate: 40

I had a couple of LBWs off inswingers. Only 1 bowled, and that wasn't clean. It was an inswinger that hit his boot and rolled into the leg stump.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is one of the best builds I have played. I guess things are quieter on here when we are actually playing the game.

Some minor points and annoyance.

Green pitches still seem to favour spinners, especially in the first innings. Strange. Im not sure if pitches play any important role at all, or if BA really knows what is going on there.

Im still figuring out if mentalities are affecting the way AI bats. It seems it has a subtle difference, which is good. But the jury is out somewhat.

I am getting varied dismissals, decent runs, decent wickets. Fours and sixes, infield and outfield catches, edges, bat pads. Green/dry pitch. Good job BA.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Has infield catches dried up for anyone else after the latest patch? haven't had an infield catch in a while now. have gotten LBWs and clean bowled and caught behind a fair few times all of which looked lovely.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
This is one of the best builds I have played. I guess things are quieter on here when we are actually playing the game.

Green pitches still seem to favour spinners, especially in the first innings. Strange. Im not sure if pitches play any important role at all, or if BA really knows what is going on there.

Im still figuring out if mentalities are affecting the way AI bats. It seems it has a subtle difference, which is good. But the jury is out somewhat.

I am getting varied dismissals, decent runs, decent wickets. Fours and sixes, infield and outfield catches, edges, bat pads. Green/dry pitch. Good job BA.
I definitely faced more aggressive batting when bowling to Pant and Kohli in a test than any other Indian batsmen.

As a sample size it's small as it's only 1 test but it happened in both innings.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I definitely faced more aggressive batting when bowling to Pant and Kohli in a test than any other Indian batsmen.

As a sample size it's small as it's only 1 test but it happened in both innings.

Yeah I am seeing Warner and Head go aerial a bit more, and bat slightly faster than Labuschagne. They still seem to follow a team run rate, but there can be a little divergence based on individual mentalities for sure. I would like to see Bazball be able to be recreated though. We had an Ashes series in England where two teams were playing almost entirely different sports. They shouldnt both be going at 3.5 per over.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
C24 is one of the best well balanced Game .. ! what i noticed in last overs of the game AI just smashes you .. !

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Has infield catches dried up for anyone else after the latest patch? haven't had an infield catch in a while now. have gotten LBWs and clean bowled and caught behind a fair few times all of which looked lovely.

I have had a few. Notably a couple of really nice pulls to short mid wicket off of short bowling. Really feels like cricket, getting bumped up

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah I am seeing Warner and Head go aerial a bit more, and bat slightly faster than Labuschagne. They still seem to follow a team run rate, but there can be a little divergence based on individual mentalities for sure. I would like to see Bazball be able to be recreated though. We had an Ashes series in England where two teams were playing almost entirely different sports. They shouldnt both be going at 3.5 per over.

If you want to do that you can do it by the run rate slider.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

I had a mistimed pull caught at square leg last night.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

What difficulty and slider do you use?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
If you want to do that you can do it by the run rate slider.

I don't like tinkering forever with the sliders, artificially changing the game. It's done to death the tweaking to cover up the flaws in the game. (Though this is a very good build).

If you fill an England team with Denly, Cook, Root, it should score slower than one with Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Roy in it. It may well do, but it's very subtle.

At least I can pick on smaller things like this, now that I don't have the AI 26 for 7 with 6 runouts. It feels like back to cricket.
Post automatically merged:

What difficulty and slider do you use?
Hardest, no slider changes.

Users who are viewing this thread