Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anybody having a random runout issue? It has happened twice with me. Played a shot, did not run, fielder threw the ball to keeper (1st time) and bowler (2nd time) both had me run out whilst I was ostensibly still in the crease. In the second instance, it shouldn't even have been my career player to get run out. The non-striker was randomly strolling from what it appeared.

threetoed

School Cricketer
Did anyone observe that New batsman going to nonstriker after a wicket. This exists in previous patch as well. After a batsman getting out like bowled, keeper catches, lbw etc new batsman coming at nonstriker end instead of striker end. Refer the screenshot where previous batsman got out bowled and the new batsman shami came at non striker end. Note that i did not even try to run when the previous batsman got out. This is happening a lot of times. I tested this in one days and not sure if its happening in tests as well.
View attachment 287294

I would be happy if they also fix the new rule that new batsman has to be on striker end for catch outs even when the batsman cross.
It was like this in Cricket 22 as well. Not a new issue, but an issue nonetheless.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anybody having a random runout issue? It has happened twice with me. Played a shot, did not run, fielder threw the ball to keeper (1st time) and bowler (2nd time) both had me run out whilst I was ostensibly still in the crease. In the second instance, it shouldn't even have been my career player to get run out. The non-striker was randomly strolling from what it appeared.

Yeah, many times an hour.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
same here

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anyone having issues with the foot movement not replicating what your thumbs are doing on the joypad?! Try and play a late cut for example and the batter makes an animation trying to hit it to fine leg! Also defending against spinners is impossible as i can never get them to play the line of the ball !!

EDIT : Using pro controls and dynamic camera
Make sure you have batting camera on Batter Relative and not camera relative.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Haven't played the latest patch yet. Did they fix the OP short leg fielding?

Hester

County Cricketer
Well, that's a bummer... I thought we'd seen the last of that
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I've seen this. Just another thing that Bigant has got backwards! :D

Haven't played the latest patch yet. Did they fix the OP short leg fielding?
I don't think so. They replied to my ticket about it a couple of days ago saying they were looking at it. The OP WK is still there when spin bowling.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Cities Skylines 2 literally released half of the promised content at 20FPS because they knew that they could. And guess what, if they released a third game everyone would buy that too.

The games industry is now worth far more than the movie industry, and publishers and devs all know this. They can release what they want, when they want, and they will make money.
Except for the ones that it backfires on…..just look up some of the recent games that have tried this, but social media got ahold of it and the game tanked and the studios closed.

That mentality only works on select games. Typically games in underrepresented genres can get away with it, having some moderate success (Big Ant/Nacon). As soon as others enter into that market, it’s game over.

threetoed

School Cricketer
Except for the ones that it backfires on…..just look up some of the recent games that have tried this, but social media got ahold of it and the game tanked and the studios closed.

That mentality only works on select games. Typically games in underrepresented genres can get away with it, having some moderate success (Big Ant/Nacon). As soon as others enter into that market, it’s game over.
Except of course, in the case of Nacon's Daedalus Games, who released Gollum this past May and were shut down after widespread criticism.

Mrp

Club Captain
Make sure you have batting camera on Batter Relative and not camera relative.

Doesn't make any difference, Ben Stokes facing a right hand OS pitching just outside off , i do a "2:20" on my joypad and he tries to fend it off as if its coming at his backside. Really becoming unplayable.

Hester

County Cricketer
I don't think so. They replied to my ticket about it a couple of days ago saying they were looking at it. The OP WK is still there when spin bowling.
Can confirm short leg fielder still OP. (I know they didn't say it had been fixed)
It seems like just having a short leg fielder in breaks the batters. As soon as I put one in, the batter either gets out to a smash to the short leg fielder or desperately tries to get out to a bat - boot.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Doesn't make any difference, Ben Stokes facing a right hand OS pitching just outside off , i do a "2:20" on my joypad and he tries to fend it off as if its coming at his backside. Really becoming unplayable.
I've just got to county level with my career player and faced an over of spin from Kuhnemann and can't play him for toff.

Last edited:

threetoed

School Cricketer
Is it saying you got Ideal timing?

Users who are viewing this thread