Cricket 24 - General Discussion

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it’s when there is an ‘event’ like a wicket or appeal. I had the AI go up for an lbw, debate it, but then decide against it and the batsmen somehow ended up switching ends. Screenshot below is impossible (I’m sure)
View attachment 287297

I think it happens after an appeal. The next ball until delivery is showing stadium without showing actual play.

Yeah it is happening after you make a manual appeal. First it goes to the countdown screen. Then the camera pans to some random part of the stadium and stays like that for around 15-20 seconds. Then it pans back to the bowler. But now the non-striker is on strike not the striker. Another strange bug.

Mrp

Club Captain
Yeah, I just came on to post this. Seems only against spinners. Not sure if it’s only with certain batting styles or not, but definitely happening

Against spinners something seriously isn't right. Playing back foot shots is giving me opposite shots to what my input is.... Alt+F4'ing a lot now out of frustration. This needs to be looked at.

EDIT: I have raised a ticket.

Last edited:

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it advisable to try and stop the latest patch? I was enjoying the previous patch as a career mode player.

Are there noticeable improvements compared to the last patch?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, I just came on to post this. Seems only against spinners. Not sure if it’s only with certain batting styles or not, but definitely happening
It’s a good point about batting styles, I’m using style 3 for career mode , might give the others a test if I can find the time this weekend

Hester

County Cricketer
So, I was finally able to download from the academy.
I downloaded India and south Africa and started a play now test.
Problem - I've discovered that I can hit every ball for a 6 or 4 using the 'smash the ball' button (B on xbox. O on ps), right from the off, with any batter.

I tried on hardest batting and it's the same thing.

I checked the batting stats of the players and it seems normal.

Have academy teams broken the game?

Hester

County Cricketer
Played an ODI after latest patch and apart from the facing the crowd camera whilst bowling (happened 3 times in 42 overs) gameplay feels good and balanced although I’ve had to scrap the new camera mode I just love seeing the stadium when batting and bowling get a feel for where I’m playing, with the new camera every match feels the same batting and bowling. My only real pain is I still feel the game is a bit glitchy with all cameras there’s a constant stutter/shake batting, bowling and fielding. if they could smooth it be fantastic just feels all over the shop. On Xbox
With the camera, it doesn't help that we can't add field sponsors to academy stadiums and even licensed stadiums have that ridiculous Jordz field sponsor.
They need to fix that and, if they're meant to be licensed teams with stadiums, then give us real field sponsors.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
With the camera, it doesn't help that we can't add field sponsors to academy stadiums and even licensed stadiums have that ridiculous Jordz field sponsor.
They need to fix that and, if they're meant to be licensed teams with stadiums, then give us real field sponsors.

Don't know if it's as simple as that...?!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Problem - I've discovered that I can hit every ball for a 6 or 4 using the 'smash the ball' button (B on xbox. O on ps), right from the off, with any batter.

Try it with non academy players

Hester

County Cricketer
Don't know if it's as simple as that...?!
I guess not but the aussie and England stadiums have real sponsors don't they? And I don't remember seeing any jordz or bigant field sponsors in West indies stadiums in C22.
Post automatically merged:

Try it with non academy players
I can't do the same thing with non academy players. Playing an Ashes series and it might be fine the odd time, but generally have to be careful on Hard batting.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

I find batting so easy on hard but too hard on hardest I can smash every ball near enough from the word go with Crawley and duckett and the AI do nothing about it field wise and I don’t know why but when I use the new dynamic broadcast camera I get the urge to play silly cricket and smash everything where as behind the batter camera I tend to play normal (ish) cricket. I always thought the confidence metre thing made a difference to how you can play but it doesn’t make any

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I find batting so easy on hard but too hard on hardest I can smash every ball near enough from the word go with Crawley and duckett and the AI do nothing about it field wise and I don’t know why but when I use the new dynamic broadcast camera I get the urge to play silly cricket and smash everything where as behind the batter camera I tend to play normal (ish) cricket. I always thought the confidence metre thing made a difference to how you can play but it doesn’t make any
Still wish I knew if the bowling quality slider fir the AI worked or do you turn it right up or right down was conflicting reports in C22

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
I always ran with batting hardest but slightly adjusted the sliders to make it challenging but playable. Usually timing 90, early,late shot window about 15.edges 10,40,90, and max for quality of shot to hit ball. AI bowl quality max and up the visual speed to about 80 and pitch marker about 6 ,I used to run 2 but that was brutal. Always found them settings a good challenge

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Straight away, regardless of academy/non academy players, I’d say get rid of the buttons and change to the analog/joy sticks control.

This way it’s much less ‘aim, get ready, button mash’ an in my opinion closer to actual cricket (holding a bat).

I quite often flirt with a ball wide outside off that I should have left, purely because my thumbs are on the sticks and natural instinct (just like in real life) tells you to move towards it.

I think this will give you a more challenging experience, plus a greater feeling of satisfaction when you hit a lovely cover drive.

Just my thoughts :thumbs

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Got it yesterday, about 75 overs into Eng v Aus First Test. have had to restart about 10 times as ball thrown from a fielder has forced my stationary batsman to jump out of the way (and out of his crease), leaving him run out....

Users who are viewing this thread