Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Is there an ETA on the academy bats actually being fixed? Ross' "redownload them" hasn't worked and most are still completely fudged

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
So it's been almost 10 years, and I've yet to conquer bowling spin on hard pro controls. I'm reluctant to go back to medium as I feel it's too easy but I can't get the rotations down.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you work?! Lol.
Do you watch Gareth Weavers you tube channel? He has a video dedicated to what sliders he uses and I've copied those for test matches. I have slightly changed some but couldn't recall how many LBWs I've had. To be honest I play career and I'm a batting allrounder so my bowling is pretty rubbish at the level im at atm.
Yes I do work lol. Going for 30 years service tbh. Yes I watch Garreth and Twisti3's channels, some others too. I've been playing cricket games since the 90's so I do know how to bowl. It's just bad luck that I don't get lbw's.

PJ13

Club Captain
Thanks for this , changed to batter relative but still get the weird footwork and get bowled, only way round it is play no defensive shots to spinner for me at the moment
I started waiting later before playing a defensive shot and it's taken all of those awkward animations away for me. Not sure if it will help you or not but it's worth a try. I've really started enjoying batting against the spinners now. Very challenging but also very rewarding.

PJ13

Club Captain
And I am yet to get lbw wickets in a test match. I have downloaded and re-skilled teams but just can't get any. Default sliders, @Rumple43 sliders etc. Doesn't matter what team I bowl at, there is just not any lbw's. Also every single tailender can time the ball perfect which eliminates lbw's and yorker bowled wickets. I did a test and removed every skill of a teams tailenders but still they flick, glance or drive the ball perfectly. Never had this problem in any other BA title. Unless it is an issue with standard controls which I doubt. I am just not comfortable with pro controls. Edges and inside edges I get plenty of and also catches in the field.
I'm getting at least 3 a game so far. Plenty of good line and length bowling and then a full inswinger or just trying to bowl it on an off stump line.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Something interesting happened. I noticed for a while now after I exit C24 that I get a cloud save error. Never bothered looking into it because all my matches saved fine. So I just tried deleting my C24 folder to start from scratch with newly downloaded teams and custom sliders. Launch the game but all data were still there except for the downloaded teams. So I remembered the cloud save and went to disable it, delete folder gain and started from scratch again. Downloaded Waste's South African team and started a test against Licensed Pakistan. Selected to bowl as SA and very first over 4th ball got an lbw. Sadly review showed it going over stumps, lmfao. Next over bowled 5 outswingers and last ball fast off cutter that cleaned up the stumps, beautifully bowled wicket that I also struggled to get. Two over later I got a rare caught and bowled with Jansen. I honestly think my data got corrupted with steam cloud. Another thing I noticed is the team rating were much lower than my previously saved data. One example is South African team rating with old data were 89 and with new data is 82 or 84, can't remember the exact value. Always downloaded Waste's teams so it is not a different user. I might be imagining things, but the game runs smoother too. :grin:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yep 5 away moving balls coupled with indipper always result in LBW or Bowled for me irrespective of the batsmen skill which sounds pretty scripted to me , BTW just figured out how to get bowled on yorkers , you have to setup the batsmen with slower slow balls , 4 of them and then unleash the fast yorker and get them bowled or LBW. Tell me if it's working for you or is it just one off thing which happend with me?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yep 5 away moving balls coupled with indipper always result in LBW or Bowled for me irrespective of the batsmen skill which sounds pretty scripted to me , BTW just figured out how to get bowled on yorkers , you have to setup the batsmen with slower slow balls , 4 of them and then unleash the fast yorker and get them bowled or LBW. Tell me if it's working for you or is it just one off thing which happend with me?
Will give it a try thanks.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anyone found that after you appeal that the camera goes mad? Also the batsmen change ends every single time. Looked at the replay to see if they maybe ran a single while the camera went looking for rare bird species, but they don't run a single.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Anyone found that after you appeal that the camera goes mad? Also the batsmen change ends every single time. Looked at the replay to see if they maybe ran a single while the camera went looking for rare bird species, but they don't run a single.
Yep happening to every single of us , Do let me know about the yorker bowled thing.

Users who are viewing this thread