Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Anybody who has communication or inside knowledge of big ant know if they working on or planning to remove the always online requirement . Living high up on highland near the sea and internet is not exactly stable enough to fully depend on it , especially when I would only ever use the completely offline modes .

I’d second this given the frequent network issues in my own region.

@smurfygray86 didn’t seem to work for me on Steam unfortunately.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’d second this given the frequent network issues in my own region.

@smurfygray86 didn’t seem to work for me on Steam unfortunately.
  • Not sure how steam works as only ever played FM through it but pretty sure you got to be online to load up all the time, might be totally wrong there lol. 100% works offline on Xbox which is how it should be

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
Well I'm on playstation so I'd imagine or hope it would be same but it lot of money to pay if I potentially couldn't even sign in so yea definitely cautious. Always played 22 and 19 and ao series offline and only used online for academy stuff .So confused as to online requirement was ever needed anyway. I did message them few weeks ago and they confirmed it was hoping patch notes would of mentioned it had been removed but seen nothing. So with your confirmation and Bevab saying not on steam and I'm on playstation lol got no clue what to do now .......

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Well I'm on playstation so I'd imagine or hope it would be same but it lot of money to pay if I potentially couldn't even sign in so yea definitely cautious. Always played 22 and 19 and ao series offline and only used online for academy stuff .So confused as to online requirement was ever needed anyway. I did message them few weeks ago and they confirmed it was hoping patch notes would have mentioned it had been removed but seen nothing. So with your confirmation and Bevab saying not on steam and I'm on playstation lol got no clue what to do now .......
I’m sure some console users can check for you…ANYONE WOULD BE GREAT…I’m certain it will be same on ps5 though there was uproar when the servers went down and nobody could access the game I’m sure they sorted it

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
Yea probably best for me to hold off till get playstation confirmation I guess. Plus side longer wait in theory should get better overall experience with more fixes rite ....

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm playing another IND v SA test as SA and AI Bumrah just bowled a no-ball. The crowd went bananas.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know what setting or skill needs to change to make the spinners bowl more slowly?

Karachi

Associate Captain
they need to make some improvements to lighting ,it just seems too dark and the shadow edges are too sharp, hard and unnatural at times

Agreed. Can do with lighting improvements, both during day and night time. A bit of foggy atmosphere in South Asia during night time might make it more interesting.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Yes been mentioning the lighting for weeks thought it was my setup feels dull every game feels like tea time sunset… that’s my only gripe at minute I’m enjoying everything else and can live with certain things
they need to make some improvements to lighting ,it just seems too dark and the shadow edges are too sharp, hard and unnatural at times

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes been mentioning the lighting for weeks thought it was my setup feels dull every game feels like tea time sunset… that’s my only gripe at minute I’m enjoying everything else and can live with certain things
if u raise ticket for this it wil help !

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Thank you Sir @MattW @JNT BA, for looking into our concerns and responding to us.
I have been playing all the cricket games released by BA, Cricket 22 was the best and Cricket 24 is progressing into one of the best games.
Some observations I have found compared to Cricket 22:

Improvements:
  1. Overall licensing, especially the IPL licensing has been a huge booster, the experience of playing it is more realistic with all the real atmosphere including licensed stadiums.
  2. The additional replays have been quite impressive, when the player misses the ball or chance of runout etc.
  3. Good addition of Team Rankings in Career mode.
  4. I usually tweak the sliders and play, with the modified sliders, the gaming experience has been good.
  5. Overall gaming experience has been excellent.
Can get better:
  1. Wicket Keeper is superhuman for spinners and sometimes pacers where he could catch 2-3 slip catches.
  2. Too many direct hits, especially close fielders, fielder throws should be 100% based on their skills.
  3. Cannot use the non-IPL version of the Indian stadiums, to be used in international matches.
  4. Player rankings in career mode.
  5. World cups (T20 & 50 overs) could be played in different countries every time, as we already know in advance, which countries they are going to be happening.
  6. Start the career mode at least 1 year before the current year, so that we have a chance to participate in international cricket from the current year. Ex: missing the 2023 World Cup participation, if the career player is starting as a Rookie.
I reduced the some of my teams fielder throwing skill and they are not hitting the wickets. I think it should be < 60 or 50 to not hit wickets and around 67 or 71 to hit sometimes and will most of times hit if its >80

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I'm playing another IND v SA test as SA and AI Bumrah just bowled a no-ball. The crowd went bananas.
Post automatically merged:

Does anyone know what setting or skill needs to change to make the spinners bowl more slowly?
Spin bowling visual speed in physical difficulties.

Users who are viewing this thread