Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Is there any way we can determine the specific Physics difficulty settings for both Hard and Hardest? I adjusted the hard difficulty by decreasing certain ideal shot powers and increasing shot timings, resulting in realistic scores and dismissals. However, when I changed the Physics difficulty to the hardest, I found it to be even more challenging, with a noticeable increase in the speed of the ball, making it zip through. What I aim for is to strike a balance between the difficulties of Hard and Hardest. Any suggestions on how to find out the values associated with these Physics settings?
You make a good point.

What you could do with is some sort of thread where you can chat about sliders and feed into a decent, shared list of values that make the game better to play for all.

Seems like a solid suggestion to me!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game crashes to desktop when trying to download teams. Anyone else having this problem on Steam?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Catching mini game is the feature for which I prefer bowling over batting in matches surprisingly i think.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Finally getting back into Cricket 24 and really loving the changes. Can someone explain to me why when running between wickets, your player runs at a 45 deg angle first and then down the pitch? Just silly. Otherwise really enjoying it...can't wait for test cricket to start up again with Aust v Pak! :P

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Human batting still needs attention. There is still very less chances of ball missing the bat and getting bowled or lbw. Poor input or timing is only resulting in edges but not ball beating the bat.
Miss input modifiers doesnt effect much even at higher difficulties. Ball misses the bat only if we time it very badly like a 1 sec difference. Atleast they have to decrease this time at higher difficulties so the batting will be very interesting.

@JNT BA @MattW

noys390

County Cricketer
Human batting still needs attention. There is still very less chances of ball missing the bat and getting bowled or lbw. Poor input or timing is only resulting in edges but not ball beating the bat.
Miss input modifiers doesnt effect much even at higher difficulties. Ball misses the bat only if we time it very badly like a 1 sec difference. Atleast they have to decrease this time at higher difficulties so the batting will be very interesting.

@JNT BA @MattW

Can you check once with keeping the 'miss input' silder and early & late timing window to minimum. I have not checked by myself but completely agree with this as bowled & lbw are the core part of cricket. Instead of edging the ball, the ball should miss the bat completely. The 'miss input' slider is there for this purpose only and may not be working as indented.

sashu_91

County Cricketer

@JNT BA @MattW
Do you think they will do this update on batting, still will remain half cooked as always.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India

@JNT BA @MattW
Have you tried having Miss input at 0 and Miss Skill at 100? If you're still finding it rather easy going, I'd say jump onto the player editor, lower the skill of batters and have a go. I've personally found the reskilling bit make me have a lot more play and misses.

Users who are viewing this thread