Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately mobile cricket game animations are as good as mocapped, rc24 for that matter, as a player you don't care about mocapped or no mocapped, the game lacks shot variety that are actually playable and are usable.

Wondered why that name drop was missing till now and there it is… right on cue.

Bevab

Staff Member
Wonder why we are lacking at certain aspects of the game, planet cricket influence does play it's part.

Ah yes the evil PlanetCricket community nefarious at work hampering the good guys BA from ever releasing the golden edition of Cricket 24 out for everyone….

This thread truly does reach the depths of Tartarus sometimes.

Bevab

Staff Member
I wondering if he is asking the rc24 guys if they wont mind making a console game seeing that its so easy to do? ;)

This was going to be my next point. :lol

Surely the masterminds behind RC24 must be aware that all they need to do is release their game on consoles and PC and they’d be making millions according to some folk here.

cricboi

Club Captain
Human batting still needs attention. There is still very less chances of ball missing the bat and getting bowled or lbw. Poor input or timing is only resulting in edges but not ball beating the bat.
Miss input modifiers doesnt effect much even at higher difficulties. Ball misses the bat only if we time it very badly like a 1 sec difference. Atleast they have to decrease this time at higher difficulties so the batting will be very interesting.

@JNT BA @MattW
The AI gets me lbw fairly frequently and it's almost always because I play the wrong line. Make sure to shorten the window on seeing length as the bowler throws and also get rid of markers telling you where it is pitching. That said, it usually only happens after I face 20-30 balls as I get a bit casual with how careful I am. For example, last test I played against Australia and Starc was 0-72 only to finish 5-121 after I got a bit cavalier.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I find it funny and infuriating when someone compares a mobile game with a console title. If you are so interested in playing a “mobile game”, please do so. If it is free and you are enjoying the game play, then I wish you all the best.

This also will save you a ton of money which you can use to buy IAPs or subscriptions from RC24…

BA are not perfect but they are fixing gameplay and what we now have is a good game.

Godamasu

Club Captain
BNG..
Why can't we have new batting shots added in the game when free mobile games have more shots, why are we holding back on that front, for that costly of a game.
Unfortunately mobile cricket game animations are as good as mocapped, rc24 for that matter, as a player you don't care about mocapped or no mocapped, the game lacks shot variety that are actually playable and are usable.
Agree with you on C24 lacking shots, but RC24 isn't free though, annual subscription of RC24 is more than $60 and that won't even unlock the full game, if we talk about justification of the price RC24 is a terrible example.
Without spending a lot of money, the RC24 is just a demo/trial, nothing else.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Nobody else having problems downloading teams? My game crashes every single time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There will be more to come on fielding, the overwhelming feedback is people want us to take the time and get it right, I don't want a situation of people wishing they had the old patch back. But if we just didn't release the other elements that are being worked on in updates in between then I'm sure you'd all say the game is being abandoned, so some patches will have a focus on more visual improvements.

But there's some visual changes which I think you'll all agree are very gameplay relevant - and that's the focus of the next patch coming out overnight (or equivalent in your timezone) - it had just missed the last pitch but didn't want to wait.
Should have waited and tested in a custom stadium.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Have you tried having Miss input at 0 and Miss Skill at 100? If you're still finding it rather easy going, I'd say jump onto the player editor, lower the skill of batters and have a go. I've personally found the reskilling bit make me have a lot more play and misses.
I am already at 5 amd 100. Tried with input at 0 and skill at 100. Dont see much difference. Have to see if reducing player skills will work

Users who are viewing this thread