Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The AI gets me lbw fairly frequently and it's almost always because I play the wrong line. Make sure to shorten the window on seeing length as the bowler throws and also get rid of markers telling you where it is pitching. That said, it usually only happens after I face 20-30 balls as I get a bit casual with how careful I am. For example, last test I played against Australia and Starc was 0-72 only to finish 5-121 after I got a bit cavalier.
I dont like playing with hand markers in broadcast cam. So i play with pitch marker only. The current game most of times will only miss the bat if played wrong line. Its very rare that we get a miss based on timing unless you time it very very badly. There should be some kind of misses for poor and ok timing similarly like edges.

Also regarding pitch marker, in old games the ball use to pitch little left or right to the marker sometimes which use to make us play wrong line sometimes. But in recent games its always pitching at the center which is making it very easy to pick line. If this can be changed back like old games then that will also bring up some misses and lbw chances.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW IF AT ALL there is some new career mode features added in the patch in the future, will it be implemented in the already existing career mode?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The career player doesn't improve if you skip/simulate the game , this definitely needs rectification , improvement of career player must be based on his performance in simulated game , not all game we are going to play in career mode.
Agree with this sometimes you just want to end a game or skip one but you have to bowl every ball asked of you

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
as a game overall i think it's good.

i'm able to play full test series, batting and bowling with (apart from that one awful patch a month or so ago) minimal causes for rage-quits. the gameplay is good and the AI more robust than prior editions i'd say - particularly with regards to say bowlers lines to left handers.

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I mean. I meant the game as a whole. But this is enough to convince me not to part with any pennies yet :laughter:
You can wait for the next patch review to make the purchase. So far the game is good the best any cricket game has been. Career mode is trash though.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I mean. I meant the game as a whole. But this is enough to convince me not to part with any pennies yet :laughter:
I had a really good time bowling India out for less than 200. One crazy run out on their part, (it wasn't buggy just an absurd single to attempt) and otherwise a good range of dismissals (slips, lbw, bowled and countering Kishan's big hitting with a long off).

I'm currently 21 for 6 in reply. A solid recovery from 3 for 4. I'm blaming lens flare for half of those rather than user error. The only fair one was getting castled by Shami. :p

Fielding (on auto) is the best it has been on any BA game.

There's still plenty to nit pick at but I'd say those lean more to improvements rather than outright 'this is broken'.

Bevab

Staff Member
I had a really good time bowling India out for less than 200. One crazy run out on their part, (it wasn't buggy just an absurd single to attempt) and otherwise a good range of dismissals (slips, lbw, bowled and countering Kishan's big hitting with a long off).

I'm currently 21 for 6 in reply. A solid recovery from 3 for 4. I'm blaming lens flare for half of those rather than user error. The only fair one was getting castled by Shami. :p

Fielding (on auto) is the best it has been on any BA game.

There's still plenty to nit pick at but I'd say those lean more to improvements rather than outright 'this is broken'.

Wonder how good LO games are since most of the focus has been on tests in this part.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wonder how good LO games are since most of the focus has been on tests in this part.
Had a cracking T20 yesterday. Set AUS 174 to win. I had them 90/4 at one stage, but Smudge and Green started smashing from the 17th over and won off the last ball. Had it on Veteran, Hard for bowling, batting, physics
Post automatically merged:

Had a cracking T20 yesterday. Set AUS 174 to win. I had them 90/4 at one stage, but Smudge and Green started smashing from the 17th over and won off the last ball. Had it on Veteran, Hard for bowling, batting, physics
Then the next game I demolished SL. 87 all out. So there is good variation going on in T20 at least

Bevab

Staff Member
Post automatically merged:

Then the next game I demolished SL. 87 all out. So there is good variation going on in T20 at least

Cheers, may try a T20 with one of those excellent 2010 teams then tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread