Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
The wicketkeeper does not merely wait at the stumps to gather the ball thrown from the outfield; instead, they often make a run towards the ball, end up collecting it halfway, and subsequently have to run back to the stumps. This approach frequently results in missed run-out chances. Is it just me or that’s happening with everyone with the new patch?

Hester

County Cricketer
The wicketkeeper does not merely wait at the stumps to gather the ball thrown from the outfield; instead, they often make a run towards the ball, end up collecting it halfway, and subsequently have to run back to the stumps. This approach frequently results in missed run-out chances. Is it just me or that’s happening with everyone with the new patch?
I've seen the wk step forward to take the ball a few times. Never saw it before the update but I know some people did.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
One major problem I’m having is when batting the direction input im putting in is not being matched by what’s happening in game can’t seem to play a straight drive at all and when I try hit an aggressive shot anywhere at off I’m constantly getting the ramp shot animation Anyone else ?

Last edited:

Vimto

School Cricketer
Posting this in the middle of a discussion about the new patch (seems OK, fwiw) is probably not a great idea, but...
I decided to start a new career as a wicketkeeper and I'm definitely being selected as the keeper in my matches, but I'm not getting any opportunities to attempt any stumpings or make any catches. Is this the game working as intended or can a tweak any settings to make the keeping a bit more active?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Posting this in the middle of a discussion about the new patch (seems OK, fwiw) is probably not a great idea, but...
I decided to start a new career as a wicketkeeper and I'm definitely being selected as the keeper in my matches, but I'm not getting any opportunities to attempt any stumpings or make any catches. Is this the game working as intended or can a tweak any settings to make the keeping a bit more active?
I’ve always wondered what you get to do as a WK in career interested to find out, be nice if you could choose to do the full game with the catching game coming on for wicket chances edges or stumpings etc

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Can't change the stadium in career mode post new patch. Anyone has this issue?
Yeah me neither. Also was half way through a county match pre patch and now finished it but it didn't record and I have to play them again. Grrrrr

Hester

County Cricketer
All the teams I downloaded prior to the patch release have lost their playfaces. Umpires too.
Grr.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Played a good hour batting and it’s definitely changed it’s hardly registering where I’m trying to place the ball it’s all over the shop, I take it this is the improved batting animations, is nobody else finding this it’s unplayable batting wise

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played a good hour batting and it’s definitely changed it’s hardly registering where I’m trying to place the ball it’s all over the shop, I take it this is the improved batting animations, is nobody else finding this it’s unplayable batting wise
Yep, along with the terrible frame rate on PS4 batting is certainly different. What was usually a cover drive has turned into a smash to point for a right handed batsman. it seemed a bit better with a left hander. Frustrating to say the least. I already submitted a ticket

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
By the looks of it, it looked an exciting patch, but when played it’s underwhelming. Fielding seems to be the same as of last patch. Also my custom tours have been deleted with this patch? Anyone noticed the same?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yep, along with the terrible frame rate on PS4 batting is certainly different. What was usually a cover drive has turned into a smash to point for a right handed batsman. it seemed a bit better with a left hander. Frustrating to say the least. I already submitted a ticket
The frame rate is seriously messed up in ps4 now. Not able to time the ball due to the choppy frame rate

Users who are viewing this thread