Cricket 24 - General Discussion

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
I want to confirm one thing before raising ticket,
Anyone facing game lagging issue when sun goes away in day games, the game start lagging between around 5:30 to 7. In test matches it’s happening in last hour of the day
(I’m playing in PS4)
What a shit yesterday’s patch, game in unplayable in PS4. Before yesterday’s patch game lags during sunset but now game lagging everytime. My request is to BAS undo this patch ASAP

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Even the reporter is completley bored with this interview. Ask better questions mate!

" In a cage fight between Britney Spear's mum and Steven Smith, both armed with cricket equipment where would you like to see the stumps placed?"
Guy looks stoned! PC_Question_60_Answer_4 would register as a perfectly acceptable answer to him
Post automatically merged:

What a shit yesterday’s patch, game in unplayable in PS4. Before yesterday’s patch game lags during sunset but now game lagging everytime. My request is to BAS undo this patch ASAP
They replied to my ticket to say the team is investigating - hot fix needed ASAP - who tests these things I have to wonder

TommoN

Club Captain
Another game where half the competitions don’t work on career mode ‍♂️

Can’t get selected for the 100 or the IPL. The world cup doesn’t even exist.

3 games this error has been in now…

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Even the reporter is completley bored with this interview. Ask better questions mate!

" In a cage fight between Britney Spear's mum and Steven Smith, both armed with cricket equipment where would you like to see the stumps placed?"
reporter looks like he is being forced to take interviews ,give the man some expression for god sake
Post automatically merged:

Another game where half the competitions don’t work on career mode ‍♂️

Can’t get selected for the 100 or the IPL. The world cup doesn’t even exist.

3 games this error has been in now…
world cup worked in career mode. i thought ??

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So I was trying to update a player who I had previously made on Cricket 22 and I figured out the discrepancy with skills. Using my skilling spreadsheet, the skill points it recommends for a specific skill did not match up with an option in the game (Cricket 24). There are the same number of levels (15) as Cricket 22, but the skill increments are different.

Assuming the levels have been matched to the new ones it leads to the discrepancies; approx. 20% to 40% increase for each level. On Cricket 22, a player rated Level 15 for a skill would previously have been rated 80. On Cricket 24 they are 99. A mid rated player (say, level 7) on Cricket 22 was 55 is now 77.

The increase is higher at the lower levels (e.g. it's 15 to 25 for level 1) and lower at the top end (80 to 99 for level 15) so worse players are going to have much higher skill points. How much difference this makes I'm not entirely sure there could've been under the hood changes. Obviously perks would have boosted players on Cricket 22, how much is dependent on how generous one is with perks. For me, it renders my skill spreadsheet useless (maybe not useless but I've no idea how long it'd take me to rebalance it) cause I use skill points not levels. So, I can't be arsed doing that IPL update I started this morning. :lol

Karachi

Associate Captain
After the new patch my 'career' game is no longer working. The game crashes and gives error. Happening to anyone else?

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
After the new patch my 'career' game is no longer working. The game crashes and gives error. Happening to anyone else?
Same thing for me. I accepted the offer to play in the ODI world championship after that the game keeps crashing in career mode for me. Even after simulating some matches the next match randomly seems to increase the days till next match.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
So I was trying to update a player who I had previously made on Cricket 22 and I figured out the discrepancy with skills. Using my skilling spreadsheet, the skill points it recommends for a specific skill did not match up with an option in the game (Cricket 24). There are the same number of levels (15) as Cricket 22, but the skill increments are different.

Assuming the levels have been matched to the new ones it leads to the discrepancies; approx. 20% to 40% increase for each level. On Cricket 22, a player rated Level 15 for a skill would previously have been rated 80. On Cricket 24 they are 99. A mid rated player (say, level 7) on Cricket 22 was 55 is now 77.

The increase is higher at the lower levels (e.g. it's 15 to 25 for level 1) and lower at the top end (80 to 99 for level 15) so worse players are going to have much higher skill points. How much difference this makes I'm not entirely sure there could've been under the hood changes. Obviously perks would have boosted players on Cricket 22, how much is dependent on how generous one is with perks. For me, it renders my skill spreadsheet useless (maybe not useless but I've no idea how long it'd take me to rebalance it) cause I use skill points not levels. So, I can't be arsed doing that IPL update I started this morning. :lol
Hey @wasteyouryouth!!!
I’m trying to download Sri Lanka which you uploaded recently, it’s show error message when the download completes and not coming in my game. Is it Big Ant issue or a bug in team?

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey @wasteyouryouth!!!
I’m trying to download Sri Lanka which you uploaded recently, it’s show error message when the download completes and not coming in my game. Is it Big Ant issue or a bug in team?
I've no idea. Had problems with Sri Lanka on Cricket 22 - but everything I've uploaded (apart from stadiums and bats) in this game are fresh uploads into the game, so it could be literally anything.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Same thing for me. I accepted the offer to play in the ODI world championship after that the game keeps crashing in career mode for me. Even after simulating some matches the next match randomly seems to increase the days till next match.
Same same
Shame shame

I created a new career game and it works. Old one is not playable.

They should really just scrap career mode and focus on the core game first - they now just adding bits and pieces which apparently have just caused more bugs

I am on the wall on this. Career mode in C24 definitely poorly crafted. You get into national team to find it filled with random unknown cricketers, which comprises even the semblance of realism. AND now, the new patch has effectively unplayable. However, career mode keeps things going. It generates matches for you to play instead of you creating new matches, tours, & tournaments by yourself, which is boring exercise. In fact, my suggestion is that BA introduces a career mode for teams where you play as the entire team and have complete control over it, whether captain or not.

Last edited:

Wahldo

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Same with me. I raised a ticket and mentioned it on the previous page.

Please raise a ticket as well.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Same same
Shame shame

I created a new career game and it works. Old one is not playable.

I am on the wall on this. Career mode in C24 definitely poorly crafted. You get into national team to find it filled with random unknown cricketers, which comprises even the semblance of realism. AND now, the new patch has effectively unplayable. However, career mode keeps things going. It generates matches for you to play instead of you creating new matches, tours, & tournaments by yourself, which is boring exercise. In fact, my suggestion is that BA introduces a career mode for teams where you play as the entire team and have complete control over it, whether captain or not.
this is how career is supposed to work, all the players in your database are going through their own career, so when you get to national teams the database players are also getting picked on their form, its called DYNAMIC CAREER and its been like this since at least C19

Users who are viewing this thread