Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So far, not impressed with this patch. Shot choice is not great now. Try and play a glance to fine leg and the batsmen are playing front foot pull shots. Fielding somehow appears a bit worse and I just had a run out because my batsman walked out of the crease avoiding the ball. Wasn't that meant to be fixed???
Also, timing has been ruined. Why do they touch things that aren't broken and then break them. Big Ant frustrate me almost on the same level as EA.
Said this yesterday noticed straight away it’s like AI is choosing where your shots go couldn’t play a straight drive at all
Post automatically merged:

Said this yesterday noticed straight away it’s like AI is choosing where your shots go couldn’t play a straight drive at all
Constantly getting the ramp shot animation

jevans

School Cricketer
So career mode is broken? 40 hour career, playing in my second ever Test, and the career is constantly crashing after the new patch. Can't even get into the next match.

Why do we bother with this shit anymore. Might as well just download Cricket Captain and use my xbox for working games!

lucky chauhan

School Cricketer
Got reply from BAS they are look into the issue of frame lag in ps4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_060646_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_060646_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 61

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Guys please anyone help. I have tried multiple times to replace the teams with best teams. But it always says can't connect to big ant server. I have updated to the latest patch as well. What should I do?? I'm on ps5

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
“There will be a #Cricket24 patch submitted today to address some career mode issues, we will also revert the frame rate lock that was implemented for PS4/Xbox. (The choice being greater graphical quality and frame rate lock at 30fps, it seems people prefer greater frame rate.)”

Karachi

Associate Captain
this is how career is supposed to work, all the players in your database are going through their own career, so when you get to national teams the database players are also getting picked on their form, its called DYNAMIC CAREER and its been like this since at least C19

I haven't been playing BA cricket games, especially career mode, since long. So, did not know this. I don't mind the random players in the team but do mind the absence of original players. I have, however, found out that if you select an 'existing player' you get the entire original roster.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Why can’t they fix players development and regen generation?

I think they should design a fresh career mode with the option to control whole team

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Post automatically merged:

Constantly getting the ramp shot animation
the shot choices are definitely a lot less now, timing window is messed up too and needs to be fixed.
please fix this .Batting was the most enjoyable part of the game.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
“There will be a #Cricket24 patch submitted today to address some career mode issues, we will also revert the frame rate lock that was implemented for PS4/Xbox. (The choice being greater graphical quality and frame rate lock at 30fps, it seems people prefer greater frame rate.)”
People prefer higher frame rates? no way I cant believe that! **yes im holding up my sarcasm sign!)

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Can anyone please guide how to download teams. Would be grateful. Whenever try to search community it only says big ant server not available. Have tried multiple times over the past week. I'm on Ps5 and the latest patch.

asish969

School Cricketer
One question to everyone...if i update any domestic teams ...will that show/update on the carrer mode as well?

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I received a reply from Big Ant last night in re the broken career mode. I had to submit my data on starting up the game.

I doubt it, or the coming patch will save my previous career.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
the shot choices are definitely a lot less now, timing window is messed up too and needs to be fixed.
please fix this .Batting was the most enjoyable part of the game.
Not being able to hit in the gaps as I was able to do it in Cricket 22 is something that has bothered me in this game for quite sometime but I didnt see many having issues with that. If the offside is packed its almost impossible to pierce the gaps and play a shot through that region. Yes, fielding response is better so they cut it off many times but I just feel that something is messed up in the game since they sorted out the Style 6 animation issue to get back all other animation styles in. I felt that the angle of shots were wrong but things did get better but still the offside shots lack the range it used to in Cricket 22.
Regarding timing is messed up, I am not sure what you are mentioning though.. The new pace timing window at 100 (Default is 83) actually opens up a good variety in being out with a variety as you end up playing early. Because the game only misses the ball when on early which is already weird because the chance of missing should be high when you are late and havent reached the ball yet. But not the case with the game..

Users who are viewing this thread