Cricket 24 - General Discussion

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i m facing frame rate issue in my steam....especially in night matches it is so sluggish ....are other steam users also facing this after latest patch ?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Not being able to hit in the gaps as I was able to do it in Cricket 22 is something that has bothered me in this game for quite sometime but I didnt see many having issues with that. If the offside is packed its almost impossible to pierce the gaps and play a shot through that region. Yes, fielding response is better so they cut it off many times but I just feel that something is messed up in the game since they sorted out the Style 6 animation issue to get back all other animation styles in. I felt that the angle of shots were wrong but things did get better but still the offside shots lack the range it used to in Cricket 22.
Regarding timing is messed up, I am not sure what you are mentioning though.. The new pace timing window at 100 (Default is 83) actually opens up a good variety in being out with a variety as you end up playing early. Because the game only misses the ball when on early which is already weird because the chance of missing should be high when you are late and havent reached the ball yet. But not the case with the game..
Yes definitely there is an issue in playing gaps. It used to be good few patches earlier. Some batting syles are more impacted. Only style 7 is little better in playing gaps.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes definitely there is an issue in playing gaps. It used to be good few patches earlier. Some batting syles are more impacted. Only style 7 is little better in playing gaps.
Yes and on PS5 the ball hitting sounds off the bat now Tennis ball like after yesterday patch. And the weight of ball is reduced

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Yes and on PS5 the ball hitting sounds off the bat now Tennis ball like after yesterday patch. And the weight of ball is reduced
Yeh I noticed this I reduced ball bounce anyway to 25 but it feels much more reduced. I think I actually prefer it as it doesn’t bounce like a tennis ball as it does on default

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Spent a bit of time bowling this morning felt really good some of the edges were great looked more realistic than before

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Patch is live on Steam

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
That tennis ball sound is awful. But I've noticed it seems to only occur on early/late timed shots

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There is undoubtedly work to do in various parts of the game. Career mode remains a no go for me because it is bland and predictable and offers no true progression. You just churn out games and get picked and churn out more games. However I have just bowled what I perceive to be the best opening session of a cricket game I have ever played. Circumspect against the new ball, couple of wiffs of a chance, a really nice looking bottom edge for of an attempted pull from a Mark Wood bouncer and just genuinely immersive play. Swings and roundabouts but there is a good game to be had in there depending on the mode you are playing.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There is undoubtedly work to do in various parts of the game. Career mode remains a no go for me because it is bland and predictable and offers no true progression. You just churn out games and get picked and churn out more games. However I have just bowled what I perceive to be the best opening session of a cricket game I have ever played. Circumspect against the new ball, couple of wiffs of a chance, a really nice looking bottom edge for of an attempted pull from a Mark Wood bouncer and just genuinely immersive play. Swings and roundabouts but there is a good game to be had in there depending on the mode you are playing.
Agree on career mode - there is just no substance to it. That is why I said they should just scrap it for now, these small updates are not going to fix it - it needs a complete overhaul

The core gameplay is indeed headed in the right direction - it is immersive for sure and really do enjoy the game from that perspective

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Career mode needs a revamp with new interface and team career mode alongside players development and players switching teams after season and players ranking too if possible

Users who are viewing this thread