Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Noones defending it. It was put there. It isn't a bug.

Is it good no? Do I want it removed yes..

It needs adjustment.
I think they are pulling the wool over your eyes saying it’s not a bug, and trying to play semantics.

It didn’t used to do this, something has changed how the grid is being applied, and it is producing an incorrect, inaccurate result that applies a backfoot shot where a front foot shot is needed, and a cross bat shot when the ball is too full. The shot animation also seems to be missing frames. That is a bug.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think they are pulling the wool over your eyes saying it’s not a bug, and trying to play semantics.

It didn’t used to do this, something has changed how the grid is being applied, and it is producing an incorrect, inaccurate result that applies a backfoot shot where a front foot shot is needed, and a cross bat shot when the ball is too full. The shot animation also seems to be missing frames. That is a bug.

It's mean to be a front foot pull. It's a change that occurred after the batting animation change.

Either way it's ugly regardless .. so I'm not bothered.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's mean to be a front foot pull. It's a change that occurred after the batting animation change.

Either way it's ugly regardless .. so I'm not bothered.
I get that, but what I mean is - the fact they have tried to implement a front foot pull doesn’t prevent what’s in the game at the moment from being a bug. It’s definitely a bug, since it’s not implemented properly.

A front foot pull would be a lovely addition, but the ball still needs to be a certain height.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bought cricket24 yesterday and played for almost 10hrs now..looks really good...tried to manage teams and went on to team editor and tried replace all and the game crashes...anyone else facing the same? where should i report this issue?

Depends when and where the crash is taking place. Is it whilst playing in custom stadiums?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I get that, but what I mean is - the fact they have tried to implement a front foot pull doesn’t prevent what’s in the game at the moment from being a bug. It’s definitely a bug, since it’s not implemented properly.

A front foot pull would be a lovely addition, but the ball still needs to be a certain height.

Isn't that just poor implementation rather than a bug?

Pitch deterioration not working in other custom stadiums is a bug.

This is currently doing what it should be doing. But needs adjustment after going out into the wild.

It's irrelevant, I just thought a "bug" would be something that's occurring that shouldn't be. Or not occurring.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Australia fighting hard..

@smurfygray86 didnt get the LBW tell tell sign in these clips... some nice moments and good edge trajectory...

That’s more like it I always look at the batter (wish I didn’t) and I’d say the last 5 or so I can remember have all done it. Strange how it happens sometimes then

caprikaps

Club Captain
Another shot animation has been disrupted; it gets triggered while playing a lofted shot over covers when the ball is close to the off stump. I'm assuming this was introduced with the new patch.

I'm not trying to be critical, but in my opinion, all this shouldn't happen. Everything was functioning well before the recent patch, and I don't understand how this issue got through testing.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Please anyone guide as to what shot force should be in limited overs. In tests I'm using 35 and it's great. Is 35 fine for shorter formats as well?

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since the last patch, I am finding it very difficult to bowl AI out within reasonable score during their 2nd innings (Veteran, Default Sliders). It is just like C22 where anything between 350-450 was the norm during AI's 2nd innings irrespective of the condition.
Bowling to AI is a joy in 1st innings. But in 2nd innings they're batting like true AI, finding the narrowest gaps for 4 and solidly defending each and every ball around 5th stump line. Anyone else getting this type of issue?

Ricky14

County Cricketer
Another shot animation has been disrupted; it gets triggered while playing a lofted shot over covers when the ball is close to the off stump. I'm assuming this was introduced with the new patch.

I'm not trying to be critical, but in my opinion, all this shouldn't happen. Everything was functioning well before the recent patch, and I don't understand how this issue got through testing.
I am getting this too.. trying to play lofted shot over covers or point to spinners I am getting this animation..May be it is happening because of poor footwork and timing?

Users who are viewing this thread