Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
My PS5 has automatically deleted my career mode save file, calling it "corrupt." This highlights the need for having option for multiple manual saves. Since the game is following a script instead of randomising tours and tournaments its demotivating to start the career mode from the beginning.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I just respecd my players. Only world-class batters are at a rating of 90.Rest are below. I have also reduced power of batters. Max power is at 89 for pinch hitters, for normal players average is around 77. Also reduced other skills according to players. Let's see what this changes.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
My PS5 has automatically deleted my career mode save file, calling it "corrupt." This highlights the need for having option for multiple manual saves. Since the game is following a script instead of randomising tours and tournaments its demotivating to start the career mode from the beginning.
do you not use the auto cloud save? did it delete that as well?

Hester

County Cricketer
Hi all

Quick question, just got the game after playing all of the other Big Ant cricket titles.

I’m happy with the batting and bowling sliders and customising those myself…but in my first test match I have the Wi At 70/6 pretty easily…can anyone help me with the AI sliders so that teams get competitive scores.

What does everyone have wicket chance and striker timing at ?

Does changing the AI base difficulty actually change anything (ie does veteran make it harder than pro in terms of getting teams out) …. Or is it all purely based on the sliders ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers
These are questions that the world's foremost scientists and philosophers have toiled with for years.

I've settled on Veteran, AI timing 20, wicket chance 50. AI bowl quality 100. Run rate 40 (I only play tests).

I'll preface this by saying I crushed West indies too on default settings, Veteran. I changed the AI timing to 20 after I'd started a test against India and they were impossible to get out.

I'd had a decent game with AUS on default too.

My feeling is that some teams are inherently over powered and some suck.

Edit: I should add, never have a short leg or silly point fielder. It breaks the game.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
These are questions that the world's foremost scientists and philosophers have toiled with for years.

I've settled on Veteran, AI timing 20, wicket chance 50. AI bowl quality 100. Run rate 40 (I only play tests).

I'll preface this by saying I crushed West indies too on default settings, Veteran. I changed the AI timing to 20 after I'd started a test against India and they were impossible to get out.

I'd had a decent game with AUS on default too.

My feeling is that some teams are inherently over powered and some suck.

Edit: I should add, never have a short leg or silly point fielder. It breaks the game.
AI TIMING 20. Same as me unless you tone it down I never got any plays and misses or edges was like bowling to immovable objects without changing that although I pumped wicket chance up to 70 and got a few obviously scripted wickets and run outs so dropped it back down

Hester

County Cricketer
I'd like to lay a claim that batting v spin using arcade controls is broken, particularly defensive shots.

The shot direction never comes out when defending. The ball can pitch on full length on middle stump, I'll play straight bat defensive shot but my batter will miss it. So many times it'll say poor shot choice when all I'm doing is a basic forward defensive shot.

I've experimented with the timing sliders and hardly see any difference.

Playing back foot defensive shots seems more effective but that just proves that it's broken.

The overriding issue is that playing a diagonal forward defensive shot will almost always miss the ball. Playing to the pitch of the ball will almost always miss it. But hitting every shot for 6 instead or playing off the back foot - both of which are ridiculous - seem to be the only solutions.

Hester

County Cricketer
AI TIMING 20. Same as me unless you tone it down I never got any plays and misses or edges was like bowling to immovable objects without changing that although I pumped wicket chance up to 70 and got a few obviously scripted wickets and run outs so dropped it back down
I got a huge variety of wickets and misses on default against West indies. It was just when I played India that things went pear shaped. I can't work it out.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It's unfortunate that every match doesn't have the same outcomes.

This is a very good point.. I got hit for 420 and 330/9 Dec.

Then bowled them for 187

The game has so much variety but it means lots of hours and game time to experience that variety.

It's a bit like when people say how was this not picked up in testing.. it's because people are seeing things in games that others arnt and can only be identified when out to the masses.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't really know how tbh. I mean, I reduced all the stats by like 2 points but don't don't want to mess up the work creators have done when I'm not clued up enough.

It's honestly trial and error.. you can't really get it wrong.. just give it a go.

Look at what the Windies are for a reference point

Users who are viewing this thread