Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So i bit the bullet and got the game on pc. I have one question. I want to see the length early but no matter how much i increase the slider in custom difficulty, it does not change the length of time I see the indicator for. Can anyone shed some light on it?

keeru

Club Captain
The Academy was crashing when downloading teams. I managed to find a workaround where if it was under 50 items, the game allowed a download. Downloaded Bangladesh by @wasteyouryouth . Was rated 70 something. Downloaded Zimbabwe, came back to find Bangladesh rated 92+. Checked players, all custom faces were gone and were 90+ rated. I deleted and unlinked the team, went into Academy to find another team and suddenly I find every Bangladesh team is over 90 rated. Is this yet another bug or has someone inflated ratings inside 20 mins?
Ridiculous, I gave up without even playing a match. Will possibly refund until Big Ant actually make this game functional...
Very disappointed...

jevans

School Cricketer
It's great that we keep getting patches to fix the game. Doesn't half get annoying when you've got shit internet though! 1GB patch has just taken 25 mins to download!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Academy was crashing when downloading teams. I managed to find a workaround where if it was under 50 items, the game allowed a download. Downloaded Bangladesh by @wasteyouryouth . Was rated 70 something. Downloaded Zimbabwe, came back to find Bangladesh rated 92+. Checked players, all custom faces were gone and were 90+ rated. I deleted and unlinked the team, went into Academy to find another team and suddenly I find every Bangladesh team is over 90 rated. Is this yet another bug or has someone inflated ratings inside 20 mins?
Ridiculous, I gave up without even playing a match. Will possibly refund until Big Ant actually make this game functional...
Very disappointed...
This is the rating I have for my Bangladesh. I am only just working on Zimbabwe this afternoon, so that shared one will be an old version from Cricket 22.

2358260_20240106184829_1.png

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
Hi, just catching up on Cricket 24. I've bought all the previous cricket games from BA, but they've always started very buggy and got patched after 6-9months. So waiting on this one to see if it's in a reasonable state.

I don't care about the cosmetics - graphics/sound/commentary etc; only the gameplay and AI matter to me.

If anyone can answer these questions very quickly, it would be greatly appreciated

1. When batting, does the AI bat according to the situation? Does it chase sensibly - if it needs 12 runs off the last over, does it defend the first 4 balls?
2. When bowling, does the AI vary the line and lengths? And does it take the field placements into account when bowling?
3. Does the AI difficulty matter much? In previous versions, I didn't see much variations between the harder levels (Veteran vs Legend for example)
4. Does the AI change the field placements based on the player's favorite scoring areas? For example, in earlier versions, even after hitting several lofted shots straight behind the bowler for a few overs a row, the AI would still leave mid-on/mid-off up.
5. Has batting become harder? It was still too easy to hit lofted shots, sweeps/reverse sweeps etc in earlier versions
6. Is there more variety to the bowling?

Thanks!
Anyone? I did search the forums and didn't find anything concrete on this yet.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Hi, just catching up on Cricket 24. I've bought all the previous cricket games from BA, but they've always started very buggy and got patched after 6-9months. So waiting on this one to see if it's in a reasonable state.

I don't care about the cosmetics - graphics/sound/commentary etc; only the gameplay and AI matter to me.

If anyone can answer these questions very quickly, it would be greatly appreciated

1. When batting, does the AI bat according to the situation? Does it chase sensibly - if it needs 12 runs off the last over, does it defend the first 4 balls?
2. When bowling, does the AI vary the line and lengths? And does it take the field placements into account when bowling?
3. Does the AI difficulty matter much? In previous versions, I didn't see much variations between the harder levels (Veteran vs Legend for example)
4. Does the AI change the field placements based on the player's favorite scoring areas? For example, in earlier versions, even after hitting several lofted shots straight behind the bowler for a few overs a row, the AI would still leave mid-on/mid-off up.
5. Has batting become harder? It was still too easy to hit lofted shots, sweeps/reverse sweeps etc in earlier versions
6. Is there more variety to the bowling?

Thanks!
2 Depending on the type of bowler and their mentality they will vary their approaches in different ways.
3 I find Veteran is better than Legend when it comes to AI batting and Legend is better for AI bowling (although I don't think you can set these separately, so I crank up the bowling accuracy slider for the AI)
4 Don't believe there's anything to tailor the AI approach to an individual scoring areas, as has been discussed a lot on here something like that was in place in an earlier game but it wasn't particularly effective. AI bowlers will adapt their plans.
5 I find batting very difficult but I usually end up making it too difficult for myself.
6 More variety to bowling how?

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
2 Depending on the type of bowler and their mentality they will vary their approaches in different ways.
3 I find Veteran is better than Legend when it comes to AI batting and Legend is better for AI bowling (although I don't think you can set these separately, so I crank up the bowling accuracy slider for the AI)
4 Don't believe there's anything to tailor the AI approach to an individual scoring areas, as has been discussed a lot on here something like that was in place in an earlier game but it wasn't particularly effective. AI bowlers will adapt their plans.
5 I find batting very difficult but I usually end up making it too difficult for myself.
6 More variety to bowling how?
Thanks! On 6, I mean that in earlier games (C22 etc) there wasn't much effect on movement after you selected the ball -- does the "After touch" in C24 have any significant effect?

What about 1 - AI chasing?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Thanks! On 6, I mean that in earlier games (C22 etc) there wasn't much effect on movement after you selected the ball -- does the "After touch" in C24 have any significant effect?

I don't use after touch, I use the bumpers before delivery which I believe perform the same function.

Someone else would know better about AI chasing but I believe some adjustments have been made to AI batting in T20.

Maximus

Club Captain
Just finished a very strange match (Ashes series on Legend). Ended up as a draw with Hazlewood and Lyon batting out the last 12 overs Cardiff style.

Was playing as England by the way. Got rolled for 200 but then the AI declared quite early on 470-2 but only off 96 overs, normally the AI is quite slow to declare in previous games but could be wrong. Wicket chance was on 45.

Attachments

• IMG_6269.jpeg
    IMG_6269.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23

USA

County Cricketer
Why is the AI so defensive in field setting. On a green pitch they start of with just 3 slips (sometimes just 2 slips) and gully, which is fine. But a couple of overs in, they go to a ring field. With 1 slip and a gully. This after taking a wicket in the first over. Pretty much right through the innings there are ring fielders. Not aggressive at all.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

PJ13

Club Captain
Very disappointed...
I haven't had any issues at all with the academy so far other than the bats not downloading with logos. Perhaps you should raise a ticket in the bug reports section.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So i bit the bullet and got the game on pc. I have one question. I want to see the length early but no matter how much i increase the slider in custom difficulty, it does not change the length of time I see the indicator for. Can anyone shed some light on it?
Help a fella out here guys.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

The aftertouch for classic controls is a length variation instead of using the R1 and L1 keys when selecting length (PS), doesnt seem to do anything for swing.

Users who are viewing this thread