Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Are you actually going through all your teams on C24 and changing their rating and re-uploading? You are THE MAN! :)
Certainly not all the teams, just updating squads (as best as is possible given the obstacles) and adding kits. Aside from basic corrections to heights or things like that, I'm not changing any player ratings, so the team ratings are just based on what's on the game.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Certainly not all the teams, just updating squads (as best as is possible given the obstacles) and adding kits. Aside from basic corrections to heights or things like that, I'm not changing any player ratings, so the team ratings are just based on what's on the game.
so no re-skilling of players, got it ;) the transfer of team from C22 to C24 caused major ratings problems :(

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
so no re-skilling of players, got it ;) the transfer of team from C22 to C24 caused major ratings problems :(
Yeah, I explained my theory the other week. I think every player got a skill boost due to the changes but it's probably more extreme at the lower levels (e.g. bowlers being far higher rated batters).

So I was trying to update a player who I had previously made on Cricket 22 and I figured out the discrepancy with skills. Using my skilling spreadsheet, the skill points it recommends for a specific skill did not match up with an option in the game (Cricket 24). There are the same number of levels (15) as Cricket 22, but the skill increments are different.

Assuming the levels have been matched to the new ones it leads to the discrepancies; approx. 20% to 40% increase for each level. On Cricket 22, a player rated Level 15 for a skill would previously have been rated 80. On Cricket 24 they are 99. A mid rated player (say, level 7) on Cricket 22 was 55 is now 77.

The increase is higher at the lower levels (e.g. it's 15 to 25 for level 1) and lower at the top end (80 to 99 for level 15) so worse players are going to have much higher skill points. How much difference this makes I'm not entirely sure there could've been under the hood changes. Obviously perks would have boosted players on Cricket 22, how much is dependent on how generous one is with perks. For me, it renders my skill spreadsheet useless (maybe not useless but I've no idea how long it'd take me to rebalance it) cause I use skill points not levels. So, I can't be arsed doing that IPL update I started this morning. :lol

waugh machine

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not going to read through 684 pages to see if someone else has had this issue, just wondering if anyone else has and has reported it as a bug, because if not I will.

Playing as a right handed batsman, facing right arm off spin bowling, ball is pitched just outside off stump spinning back in, you try and play a forward defensive shot with both sticks (xbox controller on PC) facing up to the right, the batsman instead plays down a leg side line, directly opposite to your controller imput, and you end up getting bowled, or the ball just misses the stumps if you're lucky.

Really, really annoying.

PJ13

Club Captain
I'm not going to read through 684 pages to see if someone else has had this issue, just wondering if anyone else has and has reported it as a bug, because if not I will.

Playing as a right handed batsman, facing right arm off spin bowling, ball is pitched just outside off stump spinning back in, you try and play a forward defensive shot with both sticks (xbox controller on PC) facing up to the right, the batsman instead plays down a leg side line, directly opposite to your controller imput, and you end up getting bowled, or the ball just misses the stumps if you're lucky.

Really, really annoying.
I believe that's been mentioned once or twice.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

Really, really annoying.
You are playing classic controls and not buttons.... how late do you play? if you play too early it tends to do just that.... I play just about when it bounces, also point my right stick to where it is bouncing not just straight down the pitch

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Really, really annoying.
Yeah, a lot of times.. Happened yesterday then I recorded a video.. I found that my defence direction was at point but the batsman chose to defend as the bowl was pitching on stumps..

Mrp

Club Captain

Really, really annoying.
Yes a bug which is yet to be fixed.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The aftertouch for classic controls is a length variation instead of using the R1 and L1 keys when selecting length (PS), doesnt seem to do anything for swing.
You can use either. Left stick I found is more accessabilty friendly when using pro controls, same function as R1/L1 (doesn't adjust line or swing)

Hester

County Cricketer

Really, really annoying.
The same thing happens playing defensive shots using arcade controls. Imo it's simply broken.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Weird throw by looking backwards is still present in cricket 24. I will submit a ticket with video clip

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The same thing happens playing defensive shots using arcade controls. Imo it's simply broken.
Yet ive never had this experience. it only plays the wrong shot if you have grossly mis-timed your block, I'm on PS5 classic stick controls

Karachi

Associate Captain

Really, really annoying.
Happens with left handed batters also. Sometimes the AI feels dumb and sometimes as if its cheating, but mostly the buggy mechanics are disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread