Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since last few weeks, the pace bowling visualisation speed seems to be working only while batting and while bowling it looks like it is going back to default 50. Anyone else experiencing this or maybe I am just imagining things?

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Luckily BA Support replied that they are aware of the Academy downloads that causes crash to desktop and are working on it. Hopefully it gets fixed by the end of the week. (Pc Users)

Hester

County Cricketer
Since last few weeks, the pace bowling visualisation speed seems to be working only while batting and while bowling it looks like it is going back to default 50. Anyone else experiencing this or maybe I am just imagining things?
It's been fine for me on xbox. Although I can't figure out exactly how pace bowling max speed and visualisation speed options work. They both seem to do the same thing for me but fast bowlers are bowling at 97 mph...

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's been fine for me on xbox. Although I can't figure out exactly how pace bowling max speed and visualisation speed options work. They both seem to do the same thing for me but fast bowlers are bowling at 97 mph...
I leave bowling speed min and max on default 50 and only change the visual speed.

Hester

County Cricketer
I changed visual to 100 and found it ok until I faced India and was bowled out for 39 never experienced anything like it was ducking in my front room had to crank it back to 85
haha I actually turned mine up because it felt too slow! When you mess with both sliders, they seem to do weird things. Like, increasing the max pace speed shouldn't effect the visual speed, but on my game it does, but now the bowlers are showing speeds that are too unrealistic. I dial it back and the visual speed drops even though I'm not altering visual speed. It's so confusing to my small brain...
Post automatically merged:

I never understand the difference between these settings
Same. The effects are inconsistent.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I never understand the difference between these settings
One increase the actual speed of the ball in the game.

One increases the visual speed; how you perceive the speed of the ball.

My assumption would be that the latter aims to achieve what people want from the former, minus negative gameplay consequences that might result from increasing the speed of the ball.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If I am right, the max speed slider allows us to increase the max speed a bowler can achieve while bowling.
Visualisation is simple, it will make the bowling look faster, visually. I usually play with it at 90 and it is real fun

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Quick one with career, has it always been the case as a bowler when the game will decide you're having a wicket no matter what? You can bowl 3/4 in a row creating chances until you finally get that catch/bowled/lbw the game wants

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Quick one with career, has it always been the case as a bowler when the game will decide you're having a wicket no matter what? You can bowl 3/4 in a row creating chances until you finally get that catch/bowled/lbw the game wants
I see that in all sections of the game not just career

Users who are viewing this thread