Cricket 24 - General Discussion

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, I submitted one too. It's pretty stupid. They replied to the 2 other unrelated tickets I'd submitted at the same time, but not to this one yet.
Only backfoot defence helps it seems

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Has anyone tinkered with ball friction? Or is the default value fine. I just feel the outfield is slow. Also tinkering it would affect what other things as well?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
wa
Has anyone tinkered with ball friction? Or is the default value fine. I just feel the outfield is slow. Also tinkering it would affect what other things as well?
watch @gamerpradosh YT videos, you will get used to ball friction.

Karachi

Associate Captain
One thing BA needs to fix with its dynamic career mode: Inclusion of new random/BA customized players should not delete actual players from the roster. I am playing with an existing player and some of the actual players have been replaced by players with funny names.

Hester

County Cricketer
Only backfoot defence helps it seems
True but I think I've found a solution.
I move my batter forward slightly before the ball is bowled. I give them more of a pace bowling stance. Back foot just behind the crease. Have to be vigilant of being stumped if playing forward but it at least allows for forward defensive shots to execute correctly.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
True but I think I've found a solution.
I move my batter forward slightly before the ball is bowled. I give them more of a pace bowling stance. Back foot just behind the crease. Have to be vigilant of being stumped if playing forward but it at least allows for forward defensive shots to execute correctly.

Yeah or play very late...

Hester

County Cricketer
I'd love Bigant to explain what they do to boost the AI in 2nd innings of test matches. I'd also love them to explain why they do it.

I've even used custom AI settings to combat this but it makes no difference. Reducing AI timing from 40 to 15. Wicket chance from 50 to 80. Reducing run rate from 50 to 40. The AI always score more runs than their 1st innings (30-50% more), bat for more overs and at a slightly higher run rate.
And in my latest 2 test matches, playing as SA, I've not had a single edge to slip or wk in 220+ overs of AI 2nd innings batting.

Edit: Possibly the AI get a confidence boost? If they do, then they shouldn't all get it and the boost is way too much.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'd love Bigant to explain what they do to boost the AI in 2nd innings of test matches. I'd also love them to explain why they do it.

I've even used custom AI settings to combat this but it makes no difference. Reducing AI timing from 40 to 15. Wicket chance from 50 to 80. Reducing run rate from 50 to 40. The AI always score more runs than their 1st innings (30-50% more), bat for more overs and at a slightly higher run rate.
And in my latest 2 test matches, playing as SA, I've not had a single edge to slip or wk in 220+ overs of AI 2nd innings batting.

Edit: Possibly the AI get a confidence boost? If they do, then they shouldn't all get it and the boost is way too much.

Not strictly true.. my last 4 matches their second innings has been lower than their first.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

They don't get a confidence boost, but I believe confidence is carried over.

Users who are viewing this thread