Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One swallow does not make a summer. I think in most cases top edges are flying over the keeper for six (or one bounce four). Your one case may be an odd scenario. It seems the entire thing is hardcoded. Hope BAnt looks into this once. It's an essential part of the game for having varied modes of dismissal.

Honestly I am yet to see two things in this game,
First, a top edge from a batsman going high up for a catch
Second, an AI fielder dropping a catch on the boundary.
Well the main reason is hardly anyone notices and reports such things that lacks in the game and unless its like bombarded with lot of posts BA wont see the need to prioritise as they already have loads of things to prioritise with the kind of release they do(which wont change in the future). I wanted this in the game for sure but when not many bother to see the lack of fine edges down leg, pull shot gloved to WK or top edge caught by WK or slips with ball going high in the air, it doesnt make it into the game as its always a case of what might break if we get one thing right in BA games. Its like a mystery box of bugs that pops up with so many layers to the game.

Even the instance where @Rahul_Rants mentioned about top edge going high, it probably might happen like ball hitting the bat then the body and lobbying up in the air. Top edge just from the bat going high in the air just isnt there. The output you get is pretty much limited to top edge for boundary, under edge to WK on bounce, chop on the the stumps while pulling.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Again no mention of fixing special shots like sweep which is frustrating as this issue was not there 2 patches ago and aerial shots played over point ( i think BA don’t see this as a bug or may be they haven’t rcvd enough evidence)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Again no mention of fixing special shots like sweep which is frustrating as this issue was not there 2 patches ago and aerial shots played over point ( i think BA don’t see this as a bug or may be they haven’t rcvd enough evidence)
Maybe fixed and call it general stability. Yes, the Special shots and defence against spin is generally unplayable at the moment

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Maybe fixed and call it general stability. Yes, the Special shots and defence against spin is generally unplayable at the moment
yes may be ...wont blame them until i play for a while...just updated & will see how this patch pans out....lets hope for the betterment ...

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Just dawned on me there's no NZ updates once again too...

If they can add Pakistan stadiums why not a nation in its second licensed game? Do BA not care about their neighbours?

Karachi

Associate Captain
I think they were busy with "all things Pakistan" and kept that to priority and all else to back burner.

caprikaps

Club Captain
I think they were busy with "all things Pakistan" and kept that to priority and all else to back burner.
Maybe busy with Christmas too
From what I recall, it was mentioned that distinct teams handle various aspects of the game. There is a dedicated photogrammetry team separate from the gameplay team, and they collaborate. I'm not certain if Christmas is the sole reason, but it seems that priorities are shifting, possibly towards other games. Tickets have been pending for over a month, and there is complete radio silence on various platforms regarding gameplay-related follow-ups

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
From what I recall, it was mentioned that distinct teams handle various aspects of the game. There is a dedicated photogrammetry team separate from the gameplay team, and they collaborate. I'm not certain if Christmas is the sole reason, but it seems that priorities are shifting, possibly towards other games. Tickets have been pending for over a month, and there is complete radio silence on various platforms regarding gameplay-related follow-ups
There's definitely different teams, as has been stated on here numerous. Still, many people seem to think that if one thing isn't fixed it's because everyone is sat around touching up the Babar Azam playface rather than the other more logical reasons..

There's two more game due out soon and different issues take more time to resolve than others.

caprikaps

Club Captain
There's definitely different teams, as has been stated on here numerous. Still, many people seem to think that if one thing isn't fixed it's because everyone is sat around touching up the Babar Azam playface rather than the other more logical reasons..

There's two more game due out soon and different issues take more time to resolve than others.
Yes, I agree, but addressing issues that weren't present just one patch ago is beyond one's understanding. To name a few, wicketkeepers and bowlers running towards the ball to collect throws, incorrect fielder triggers, and incorrect animation triggers are fundamental aspects of the game. These issues can't be left unresolved for too long or deprioritized in favor of elements like playfaces, which people might not even focus on after a few days. I remain hopeful, but the prolonged delays and the silence from BA only makes it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread