Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I cannot for the love of me look at this bowling action anymore. Calling it an eyesore would be polite. Just look at the release point. Why don't they fix it? It has been 5 games and it's still there, sticking out like a sore thumb.
For me it's Starc's action.. not as smooth as in real.. in game the jump and release is very slow but in real it is very smooth and quick

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
For me it's Starc's action.. not as smooth as in real.. in game the jump and release is very slow but in real it is very smooth and quick
I agree, even Anderson's lacks that natural snap. There is only one fast bowling action worth using in the game and its action 3. I don't know who its modeled after, but it looks natural at any speed and even adapts well to physics changes. Every other action is either B tier or lower.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cannot for the love of me look at this bowling action anymore. Calling it an eyesore would be polite. Just look at the release point. Why don't they fix it? It has been 5 games and it's still there, sticking out like a sore thumb.
So true. And to see a lot of licensed players having their action style locked to this one :sadx2:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A small thing I noticed, when one run is required the field used to come up in previous games but in Cricket 24 it never happens. Has anyone else noticed it?

demented_doggo

School Cricketer
I’ve noticed that in career mode, SA20 is a bit weird. The competition exists, as players on the team play in the tournament in career mode existing player. But does not appear in selection status

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I agree, even Anderson's lacks that natural snap. There is only one fast bowling action worth using in the game and its action 3. I don't know who its modeled after, but it looks natural at any speed and even adapts well to physics changes. Every other action is either B tier or lower.
I'm not sure you could expect international bowlers to actually bowl at full whack in a videogame mocap session in an indoor studio with trainers on. Not sure if they're actually releasing a ball. Might be a bit dangerous to acually have cricket balls flying about in a room full of mocap gear.

They'll give it a bit of a whirl but they're going to make sure they don't risk an injury and the action won't be as dynamic as when they're bowling for real.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm not sure you could expect international bowlers to actually bowl at full whack in a videogame mocap session in an indoor studio with trainers on. Not sure if they're actually releasing a ball. Might be a bit dangerous to acually have cricket balls flying about in a room full of mocap gear.

They'll give it a bit of a whirl but they're going to make sure they don't risk an injury and the action won't be as dynamic as when they're bowling for real.
and they cant use a tennis ball?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t think you need to bowl like it’s the WC final but surely there’s a happy medium between the former and whatever we have left in the game? You could use a sponge ball for all I care if it results in better authenticity.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I assume some aren't proper mocap. Bumrah, Malinga, etc surely they are either just animated or a mix of someone doing an impression and then animation being adjusted.

I do think they all feel a little lethargic, but I think a lot of that is due to the run up.

Obviously in the 'get Bowling Style 1' in the bin camp though.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I don’t think you need to bowl like it’s the WC final but surely there’s a happy medium between the former and whatever we have left in the game? You could use a sponge ball for all I care if it results in better authenticity.
I don't know if you've ever tried bowling quick with an underwewight ball but I think it's an injury risk.

Regardless, it's not just the weight of the ball. They're in trainers on an indoor surface. Pros always take it a bit easy in those conditions.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’ve noticed that in career mode, SA20 is a bit weird. The competition exists, as players on the team play in the tournament in career mode existing player. But does not appear in selection status
Yes and downloaded teams don't draw through. In my first season the team was exactly the Lions. No overseas players.

Users who are viewing this thread