jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hello Everyone,
Is anybody else facing the issue while defending the balls?
No matter how hard I try I am unable to defend the ball toward off off-stump line, it just does the defense toward mid-wicket.
I am using PRO controls and below are the keys I am using to defend.

Off side defense: HOLD R2 + L3 pointing towards noon + R3 pointing towards 2 PM
Straight defense: HOLD R2 + L3 pointing towards Noon + R3 pointing towards Noon

@MattW @JNT BA Test matches are almost unplayable with this bug, always have to quit and restart the game when this thing happens.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hello Everyone,
No matter how hard I try I am unable to defend the ball toward off off-stump line, it just does the defense toward mid-wicket.

@MattW @JNT BA Test matches are almost unplayable with this bug, always have to quit and restart the game when this thing happens.
I still cannot understand. blocking works perfectly fine.. you say you on PRO(Classic) controls meaning using sticks not buttons.. what is your difficulty? this makes a difference to timing windows, the blocking issue is a timing thing. you mention R3 and L3? surely you mean left stick and right stick?

1) play as late as possible when forward defending. play the shot as its bouncing. I will make a video later ;)
2) do not pre-meditate your block, that is do not hold R2 before he has even started his run-up -- I have had friends say they do this and they cannot block, once they stopped this practice they could block.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I still cannot understand. blocking works perfectly fine.. you say you on PRO(Classic) controls meaning using sticks not buttons.. what is your difficulty? this makes a difference to timing windows, the blocking issue is a timing thing. you mention R3 and L3? surely you mean left stick and right stick?

1) play as late as possible when forward defending. play the shot as its bouncing. I will make a video later ;)
2) do not pre-meditate your block, that is do not hold R2 before he has even started his run-up -- I have had friends say they do this and they cannot block, once they stopped this practice they could block.
Thanks, @Jerm sorry I am not premeditating, I see the pitch of the ball and then decide on what shot to play.
I am playing on PS5 with the PS5 controller, hence using L3 and R3 to give out directions.
Yes, I am using classic (PRO) controls, the one which is there since Don Bradman 14

Last edited:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Most of us are having issues with the forward defence being played in the wrong direction. And I certainly believe that it is a bug and not an issue with timing

Also on Arcade controls, the footwork shows poor or ok on most occasions (Haven't noticed this thing affecting the shots though). These two issues started to happen only a few patches ago

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks, @Jerm sorry I am not premeditating, I see the pitch of the ball and then decide on what shot to play.
I am playing on PS5 with the PS5 controller, hence using L3 and R3 to give out directions.
Yes, I am using classic (PRO) controls, the one which is there since Don Bradman 14
but L3 and R3 is when you click the sticks in -- they are R3 for advanced shot and L3 to see the bowlers weaknesses etc.... hence you confuse me ;)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Most of us are having issues with the forward defence being played in the wrong direction. And I certainly believe that it is a bug and not an issue with timing

Also on Arcade controls, the footwork shows poor or ok on most occasions (Haven't noticed this thing affecting the shots though). These two issues started to happen only a few patches ago
Like I said, its perfectly fine for me, i'm on PS5, and I will make a video later where I bat in the nets. I know the arcade controls has issues and that changed a few patches ago but for the PRO controls i see no difference in the forward defence. but the mere fact that the weird shot is played at anytime should be an issue, this shot was brought in C22, it plays that animation when due to yout inputs the ball was never going to be hit in the first place due to timing, direction or whatever, what SHOULD occur is a normal defensive shot should be animated and the ball simply goes past the bat... i mean I play the shot to the off side it should animate to the off side whether im going to strike the ball or not!!

noys390

County Cricketer
The defense and sweeps on arcade controls are not working properly against spin. This has been told multiple times in this forum. People has raised tickets in BA portal. After which quite some time has passed now but yet no fix is provided, not even any communications. This is a fundamental aspect that affects the very base gameplay. When 90% of C24 is copied from C22 why this part is not copied like the rest remains a question.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

I still believe the pitch of the ball determines the animation being triggered in this case. I have no issue playing a forward defense on a full pitched delivery, regardless of the timing. But when the ball is pitched slightly shorter, then the forward defense animation goes down the wrong line.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The defense and sweeps on arcade controls are not working properly against spin. This has been told multiple times in this forum. People has raised tickets in BA portal. After which quite some time has passed now but yet no fix is provided, not even any communications. This is a fundamental aspect that affects the very base gameplay. When 90% of C24 is copied from C22 why this part is not copied like the rest remains a question.
They copied it correctly but broke it with a patch;)

But this issue and the special shots not triggering were reported at least a month back. I wonder why it wasn't prioritized since it is a game-breaking bug at least for players with arcade controls. They should have gotten it fixed by now @JNT BA @MattW

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Some communication on if an update is being worked on would be welcome.

If major studios can acknowledge bugs and fixes then why can't this lot?

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
this is just plain bad,no communication and suddenly patching has stopped for an incomplete game. i was worried about this. not buying another ba game if this is how they plan on treating loyal customers.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Hello Everyone,

Instead of front foot defense Use back foot defense, Is the ball is pitched in medium or short

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
BA cricket games induce outrage for a few reasons:
  • Despite almost 10 years of games (that I have played/can recall l) basic and fundamental issues exist such as keeper running in, fielders throwing in the opposite direction, overpowered spin and top edges flying for six, to name the bare minimum.

• The inability to not break something when fixing something else (fielding).

• Poor communication: Most people react accordingly when communication is good (such as when and if a patch can be expected) I include Ross' comments on X here as well.
It is just disappointing that we as consumers are treated so badly. The only way to make a stand is to not support sub-par products.

Users who are viewing this thread