Cricket 24 - General Discussion

vipul gupta

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
No fix unfortunately. Other markers are appearing properly like before but not the pitch marker.
Those who are facing issues with marker timing. Can you guys try playing with pace timing window set to 100 and then try. This should make sure that you can play the shot as late as possible. Default is I think set to 83.

Ideally the marker should be shown after release only to make sure the marker position is correct.

PJ13

Club Captain
So just played my first game since the update that changed the pitch marker and I have to say, I really am enjoying the change. Not sure why everyone is complaining to be honest.

Ricky14

County Cricketer
@MattW @JNT BA
Can we have this batting pad set to default? I'm not able to enjoy the licensed teams (if batters don't have licensed kits) as they are wearing pads from Cricket19 and 22 because in real life nobody wear those pads.

Kindly make this change if possible.
20240329_122149.jpg

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
So just played my first game since the update that changed the pitch marker and I have to say, I really am enjoying the change. Not sure why everyone is complaining to be honest.
You may like it but not everyone. If the option is available like before then you can set value at very minimum like <5 and you can still have fun. Sameway we can set value at 10 like before and enjoy the game.

Also pace bowling speed or visual speed also plays a crucial role. If these are set at default then pace will be slow and we will have more time to react. But if vusual speed is made like realstic speed then there will be very less time to react.

Why this change is required only for pitch marker when other markers are working like before.
See the difference between bowling marker and pitch marker display time when value is set at 100.

View attachment 57a42e1c-0afe-483d-9acd-9c1afb230fab.mp4

Because of this delay when playing only with pitch marker, I am struggling to pick short balls and premeditate lot of shots.

Me and many other players are playing with only pitch marker from last 4 iterations atleast and it is kind of game breaker for these players.

Everyone will be happy if this is fixed and make it work like before.

Last edited:

vipul gupta

Club Captain
You may like it but not everyone. If the option is available like before then you can set value at very minimum like <5 and you can still have fun. Sameway we can set value at 10 like before and enjoy the game.

Also pace bowling speed or visual speed also plays a crucial role. If these are set at default then pace will be slow and we will have more time to react. But if vusual speed is made like realstic speed then there will be very less time to react.

Why this change is required only for pitch marker when other markers are working like before.
See the difference between bowling marker and pitch marker display time when value is set at 100.

View attachment 292511

Because of this delay when playing only with pitch marker, I am struggling to pick short balls and premeditate lot of shots.
Everyone will be happy if the marker works like before.

The bowling marker is not changed because length is already decided before the run up. But to determine the exact position of the marker, the code has to wait till very late because of aftertouch. so that the pitch marker position is correct.

Play few matches and I think you should get used to this change.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

View attachment 292511

Me and many other players are playing with only pitch marker from last 4 iterations atleast and it is kind of game breaker for these players.

Everyone will be happy if this is fixed and make it work like before.
It's ridiculous how late it shows up on the pitch. Unplayable for me, at least!

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
You can't get caught behind in the game now.
Now matter how early or late you play, you wont edge the ball.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
And now we get to see the pitch marker while bowling. We should have an option to turn it off.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Im complaining because it was supposed to be for online play only and it hasnt been changed for both players, if you host and bat first the change is there, but the second batting team has not got the change, hence its unfair.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Ya difficulty changing after save exit true one solution we found do again save exit it come back to original difficulty big ant should patch this as early as possible as all online leagues are at stall mainly the long formats where u have to save and play

Karachi

Associate Captain
Im drastic too sold my Xbox only played cricket 24 on it and football manager has taken over I jumped on when eng toured India but after playing 3 tests just couldn’t face all the messing about needed, I don’t mind the gameplay (in parts) just the rest of its a complete mess from having to change batting stats for every decent batter yourself to try get a genuine wicket to the scripted wickets where they will hit and hit and hit the same shit til your out to all the community work which is amazing being messed up because they copy and pasted the hub from 22 leaving stats all over the place when you do download teams. Try again in 2026 on the pc maybe one day we will have a 8/10 solid game. Maybe I’m dreaming

Selling PS5 is drastic, selling Xbox is prudent :P

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@MattW @JNT BA
Can we have this batting pad set to default? I'm not able to enjoy the licensed teams (if batters don't have licensed kits) as they are wearing pads from Cricket19 and 22 because in real life nobody wear those pads.

Kindly make this change if possible.
View attachment 292510
They're JPGavan licensed (albeit the logo seems to be back to front) so they won't be able to use them for licensed players unless they wear JPGavan kit.

Users who are viewing this thread