Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
God I'd love an accurate rewrite of the physics in this game. I am sick of the ball clipping through the bat, edges flying to the boundary, concrete stumps and no clue if the fielder will stop the ball or it'll phase through their torso

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I must say batting style 7 is more apt than other styles.. Almost everything looks perfect.. sharing few clips, The cover drive is more satisfying, the sound plus bat face because of that may be..do not have a video for that though, will share in future..

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
God I'd love an accurate rewrite of the physics in this game. I am sick of the ball clipping through the bat, edges flying to the boundary, concrete stumps and no clue if the fielder will stop the ball or it'll phase through their torso
Not only edges, whenever the batter gets bowled then immediately the ball flying to the boundary like a bullet train indeed.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
I've just played Ashes series over and over and let the stats pile up. There are guys in my England and Australia sides who have over 100 test centuries.

God knows how many wickets Anderson has got. I haven't even looked.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Not only edges, whenever the batter gets bowled then immediately the ball flying to the boundary like a bullet train indeed.
Real time physics engine and correct animation selection would go a long way from getting this game higher than a 6/10

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just wondering if you all are getting edges while batting. Played around 45 overs with enough miss-timed shots but none of them getting any edge whereas before the patch I used to get plenty. I am using custom difficulty which is between Hard and hardest.

I am using Arcade controls.

Last edited:

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just wondering if you all are getting edges while batting. Played around 45 overs with enough miss-timed shots but none of them getting any edge whereas before the patch I used to get plenty. I am using custom difficulty which is between Hard and hardest.

I am using Arcade controls.
Try putting “Edges - OK Input Influence” to 40. For me, this brings the ideal number of edges. Can also try to reduce early and late shot timing window to 0 to increase the number of play and misses on badly timed shots.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why is it that every squad on the academy has doubles of some players?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Try putting “Edges - OK Input Influence” to 40. For me, this brings the ideal number of edges. Can also try to reduce early and late shot timing window to 0 to increase the number of play and misses on badly timed shots.
My first setting is already at “41”. Does the second one help us get more edges? Btw are you on Arcade controls? I just tested it with pro controls and I am getting plenty of edges. After the patch, the footwork is always “Ideal” when on Arcade, I wonder if that is the issue with no edges?

I really want to continue playing with Arcade controls as Pro controls would take time getting adjusted to it. Any help would be appreciated!

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My first setting is already at “41”. Does the second one help us get more edges? Btw are you on Arcade controls? I just tested it with pro controls and I am getting plenty of edges. After the patch, the footwork is always “Ideal” when on Arcade, I wonder if that is the issue with no edges?

I really want to continue playing with Arcade controls as Pro controls would take time getting adjusted to it. Any help would be appreciated!
Yeah, I play on Pro Controls. Seems like the issue is with Arcade. Have you tried putting foot placement difficulty to 100? It may help with the footwork to not be ideal all the time.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, I play on Pro Controls. Seems like the issue is with Arcade. Have you tried putting foot placement difficulty to 100? It may help with the footwork to not be ideal all the time.
It has always been at 100. After the latest patch, I haven't seen footwork going south of "IDEAL". I think that is causing the issue.
Post automatically merged:

It's worth the time.
I tried this morning by batting as both the teams in a Test match. Match ended before lunch on Day 1. But you are right, it is much enjoyable!

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Hello,
I have noticed in limited overs that the batsmen are easily hitting sixes. Like it's a given that they will hit huge sixes every over. And the go mad after the 40th over and hit like crazy. No matter what you ball 2 or 3 sixes every over. And they clear the boundaries.
Can anyone please help as to what to do about this?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Hello,
I have noticed in limited overs that the batsmen are easily hitting sixes. Like it's a given that they will hit huge sixes every over. And the go mad after the 40th over and hit like crazy. No matter what you ball 2 or 3 sixes every over. And they clear the boundaries.
Can anyone please help as to what to do about this?

If you want to spend the time lower their power stats

Users who are viewing this thread