cricket 2k4 runnin hot

B

brp8487

Hi voltage
ur facination for this game makes u think that it is one of the best games, hwereas the ppl in HB Studios might not have even seen a proper cricket match let alone play it.
Even notice the Rugby 2004 trailer they show it in the games credits section.
it is no better then C2k4. there is no point critizicing EA cos they only distribute and market the game.
they r not into development as such .
that is why we see a vast difference between cricket2k4 and fifa2k4.

all many ppl in India do not have a proper pc,and those who have them are relectent from buying games since games are expensive and pirated cpoies are freely available.

S

SteveS1967

Originally posted by brp8487@Feb 3 2004, 12:09 AM
Hi voltage
ur facination for this game? makes u think that it is one of the best games, hwereas the ppl in HB Studios might not have even seen a proper cricket match let alone play it.
it is no better then C2k4. there is no point critizicing EA cos they only distribute and market the game.

all many ppl in India do not have a proper pc,and those who have them are relectent from buying games since games are expensive and pirated cpoies are freely available.
Believe me the producer of HB studios is a keen cricket fan ;)

Steve S.

V

Voltage

Hi voltage
ur facination for this game? makes u think that it is one of the best games, hwereas the ppl in HB Studios might not have even seen a proper cricket match let alone play it.

So why come out with a game in the first place....if there really is no market for it at all. I realize that some profits are better than none, I just think that if a decent enough product is produced, than profit margins are increased. Good product, plus good sales, equals good profits. Even if you disregard all that I have said, which is fine....as a fan of the sport and sports games in general I expect a lot more, especially when I'm shelling out my hard earned money.

B

brp8487

I think then the ppl at HB Studios either do not have the money or don not have the skills.

Why dont we as a forum write a reply to the Producer of C2k4 about the various bugs which they must rectify.
Also let them give us a tool with which we can edit the kits,stadiums etc.
nowadays moding is major factor in the success of any game. Actually modding keeps the game selling and the cash counters ringing for the game publishers.

lets be honest, whatever a game publisher can do the ppl out there can do one bit higher.
If HB studios cant understand this plain truth they must be sent to some management courses.

V

Voltage

Originally posted by brp8487@Feb 3 2004, 12:20 AM
I think then the ppl at HB Studios either do not have the money or don not have the skills.

Why dont we as a forum write a reply to the Producer of C2k4 about the various bugs which they must rectify.
Also let them give us a tool with which we can edit the kits,stadiums etc.
nowadays moding is major factor in the success of any game. Actually modding keeps the game selling and the cash counters ringing for the game publishers.

lets be honest, whatever a game publisher can do the ppl out there can do one bit higher.
If HB studios cant understand this plain truth they must be sent to some management courses.
Agreed!

S

SteveS1967

Guilt ridden I suspect.... IMHO Cricket 2004 as it stands is "beta" quality :angry:
and to think I ordered it from NZ

BTW Game in the UK are still saying release of the UK versions is still February 13th yes Friday the 13th :devilish:

Steve S.

V

Voltage

Hi voltage

Please read my posts correctly. I have never, ever said that cricket 2004 was a good game.

B

brp8487

Hi voltage
i never said u liked cricket 2004.
i said u liked the game of cricket in general.
bye
rahul Prasad

V

Voltage

Originally posted by brp8487@Feb 3 2004, 10:38 AM
Hi voltage
i never said u liked cricket 2004.
i said u liked the game of cricket in general.
bye
rahul Prasad
My apologies Rahul....I misunderstood.

B

brp8487

I am really frustrated ,voltage.
cant we as a group along with all the other cricket groups do something more than just knocking on the HB studios doors.
cant we really revolt so as to make them sit up and take notice. The unity of all the cricket 2004 players(lovers or haters) should force something out of HB

What do u think

V

Voltage

Originally posted by brp8487@Feb 3 2004, 10:57 AM
I am really frustrated ,voltage.
cant we as a group along with all the other cricket groups do something more than just knocking on the HB studios doors.
cant we really revolt so as to make them sit up and take notice. The unity of all the cricket 2004 players(lovers or haters) should force something out of HB

What do u think
Wish that was possible, then some things might actually change. Until EA or any other studio for that matter realize that a good cricket game does have a market, and all they have to do is to come up with a quality product...until that happens, they will still continue to pump out generic cricket games. Is there a demand for a cricket game, yes there is...how voiced is that demand is what matters. There needs to be far more of an aggressive stance from the fans on what they want in their cricket games, and if volume of those demands are larger & louder than usual then maybe, just maybe they might listen.

M

myddelton

i think that the reason that cricket 2004 is not a perfect representation of cricket is that cricket is a singularly tricky game to simulate effectively. to me, HB studios have done an excellent job of recreating some of the REAL themes of cricket (although i should say from the outset that i play the ps2 version which sounds like it is much less buggy than the pc version):

- you have to play your batsman in properly
- you have to discipline yourself just like real batsmen do
- you have to practice again and again and over time you will develop a 'feel' for batting and a real 'style'
- bowling is not about 'the perfect ball' but rather about unsettling the batsman with programmed variation, setting innovative fields and bowling to them
- thinking hard about the game will bring rewards and benefits, adjusting your line after being thumped around can suddenly bring wickets crashing down

there are three main reasons for me why cricket is so hard to emulate/simlulate:

1) in terms of 'action' you are talking about a half-second every ball where you make batting decisions - and based only on the pitch of the ball really (i.e. not really looking at the bowler's action to 'pick' his leg-cutter or slower ball but playing pretty much every ball on the pitch of it) - unlike something like fifa where you are involved in decision-making and action for every second of the match, or john madden, where you're in charge of decision-making for a whole play.

2) for every improvement you make to the bowling (i.e. making it swing more) then the batting suffers, and vice versa - the easier you make it to hit boundaries then the more frustrating it is for bowlers. then to cap it all off you have to have rough parity between the batting scores and bowling scores in order to make it interesting at the end of matches!

3) the sheer length of a cricket match! 5 days of around six hours a day is 30 hours for one test match - as compared with what? 90 minutes of football or 3 hours of american football? and for all those that know and love test cricket you know that the full five days are usually full of tactical battles, shifts in momentum and highs and lows. you cannot condense a five day test to half an hour's computer play in the same way you can compress 90 minuutes of soccer into five minutes, because it is the length and depth or cricket that gives the enjoyment and the variety! the main indicator of this for me is the temptation to play a 'quick' ten over match - but then of course the batsmen are just going to attack the whole way and the cricket is effectively ruined!

---

i have been playing the game for a while now and every time i get frustrated with the limitations suddenly i'll work something else out. of course there are things that i would change (for one a clear concise explanation of how the dot on the ball works when bowling different deliveries would be very useful!) but in general i am amazed at how much like real cricket you can make cricket 2004 play...

and whoever said that HB studios don't seem to know anything about cricket, you obviously have no idea how hard it would be to conceptualise and execute a perfect simulation of cricket on a computer. this is the closest to a reasonable cricket game i have ever played...

E

electioneering

You have made a point,and i agree to it :thumbs: But the ppl at HB Studios could have atleast taken notice of the complaints(i m talking abt various bugs) and atleast could have dealt with the matter tactfully(read:diplomacy) ;D: rather than lying back and not reply to anything at all.

N

nikhilverma

I think the developers of cricket 2004 have gone underground!!!
There has been no news of any patch or fix yet!!!
I don't know why EA don't look for some other team of developers for cricket...

Users who are viewing this thread