Cricket Academy Version 0.0.77 Discussion

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The latest fix has completely knackered all my stadiums. Trying to edit any of them either crashes the game or on arrival at said ground I find the pikeys have been in over night nicking all my assets and leaving a Hugh pile of immovable waste.
I have posted on BA forum and emailed my zip file. It's around 40 grounds and stadiums. I tried to download my early drafts from the server but the grounds were free of assets except the hill.
If I have to make them all again is it safe to start over or should I wait for further update fixes?
Also in the academy nearly every update changes the nationality of majority of my players one to the left. e.g Ireland is now Iraq and England, is El Salvador. I have had to re do this 3 times now (663 players)and each time I either change it or don't change it, in each update it bloody changes again!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The latest fix has completely knackered all my stadiums. Trying to edit any of them either crashes the game or on arrival at said ground I find the pikeys have been in over night nicking all my assets and leaving a Hugh pile of immovable waste.
I have posted on BA forum and emailed my zip file. It's around 40 grounds and stadiums. I tried to download my early drafts from the server but the grounds were free of assets except the hill.
If I have to make them all again is it safe to start over or should I wait for further update fixes?
Also in the academy nearly every update changes the nationality of majority of my players one to the left. e.g Ireland is now Iraq and England, is El Salvador. I have had to re do this 3 times now (663 players)and each time I either change it or don't change it, in each update it bloody changes again!!

to be fair, i can appreciate the frustration but nobody should be doing too much work in the betas, and people need to upload regularly. it's a beta test - you cannot rely on everything you do in it being fine in the final game. DBC14 had similar issues - the most obvious being the one that switched finger / wrist spinners back and forth several times.

i know people don't want to do too much work when the game is out as they want to be playing it, but you shouldn't invest so much in what is by it's own nature unstable.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
To be fair blocker I had uploaded about 35 to the server in case something like this happened but on trying to download those originals I was left with just a hill.
Also now I know it's unstable I'll probably wail til launch to do any more unless it's fixed.
As you know I know nowt about betas or development but even so it's not unusual for people to spend a lot of time on the academy (600+hrs) and although i understand there's bound to be teething problems but you wouldnt expect to lose saved and uploaded data would you? Hopefully it will be fixed and I'll possibly only have messed up the 5/6 i redownloading.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To be fair blocker I had uploaded about 35 to the server in case something like this happened but on trying to download those originals I was left with just a hill.
Also now I know it's unstable I'll probably wail til launch to do any more unless it's fixed.
As you know I know nowt about betas or development but even so it's not unusual for people to spend a lot of time on the academy (600+hrs) and although i understand there's bound to be teething problems but you wouldnt expect to lose saved and uploaded data would you? Hopefully it will be fixed and I'll possibly only have messed up the 5/6 i redownloading.

believe me mate i am sympathetic, i killed a lot of time in the 14 academy and while i don't think i ever had anything as major as that but i did have one update where i lost a lot of stuff... it's also great when people do this work (if it goes ok) because it means the game has players & stadiums etc to launch, but i just think people should take the approach more "i'm checking it out to see what's what" than "i'm doing lots of work for later" because unfortunately with a beta release being constantly updated there is always the risk of loss like this.

always backup your save file before downloading any updates would also be my advice.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Intel i5 4cpu
Nvidia geforce 820m 2gb graphics
4gb ram

PC Configuration sufficient to RUN on bit lower DBC config .

Kindly check If your Game is Using Nvdia card Graphic only not on board graphics

D

Deleted member 9102

to be fair, i can appreciate the frustration but nobody should be doing too much work in the betas, and people need to upload regularly. it's a beta test - you cannot rely on everything you do in it being fine in the final game. DBC14 had similar issues - the most obvious being the one that switched finger / wrist spinners back and forth several times.

i know people don't want to do too much work when the game is out as they want to be playing it, but you shouldn't invest so much in what is by it's own nature unstable.
This has limited my drive to really get stuck into editing things yet - if I'm going to sink hours into creating very detailed stuff, whether that be players/teams/logos/bats/stadia whatever, it will need to last and be usable in the game. With this being a beta where an update could change or break something meaning the loss of that work and wasted time/effort, I am holding off apart from a quick play around with the tools.

If the stuff people have currently made ends up working fine come release, that's fantastic. That means we have content ready to go on day 1 and it's a great contribution from those involved... But the risk of the work being in vain is one I'm not taking.

waraa

County Cricketer
I tend to zip up my Games->DBC17 folder religiously every time I exit the academy. As far as a computer and programs running on it are concerned, backing up never hurts.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

But wasn't the point of releasing the Academy early such that people would do this work pre-release such that it's all ready to go when the game is out?

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
How do I back up zip save files. Doesn't the pc do that? Also where does it back up to? I did once select back up files somewhere on my laptop; maybe in control panel I don't know. I imagine they would be buggered too though right?
Do I now have to delete all the corrupt grounds and remove them from the server? Or are they only corrupt locally?

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
How do I back up zip save files. Doesn't the pc do that? Also where does it back up to? I did once select back up files somewhere on my laptop; maybe in control panel I don't know. I imagine they would be buggered too though right?
Do I now have to delete all the corrupt grounds and remove them from the server? Or are they only corrupt locally?
Please don't delete anything - if you delete they'll gone and we can't recover them then. We are working on a solution for the files at the moment.

waraa

County Cricketer

Just right click on Documents>My Games>Don Bradman Cricket 17 and add to archive. Copy the resultant .zip file to wherever you'd like. Unzip from there when you want to restore your stuff.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But wasn't the point of releasing the Academy early such that people would do this work pre-release such that it's all ready to go when the game is out?

If it's anything like DBC14 then no. People take it upon themselves to invest in the beta, this sorta stuff happened last time as well... and based on the amount of work that went into creating stats for custom players that turned out to be a huuuuuge waste of time, I would expect the better option this time around would be to wait and see. I've enjoyed watching from the sidelines for this very reason. I want to approach the game with reasonably fresh eyes.

Ho3n3r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Where does one acquire this "Cricket Academy"? Looks interesting.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England

Users who are viewing this thread