Cricket Captain 2014

D

Deleted member 9102

Hopefully. I'm hoping their get a bit of a bump in profit on Steam and can start improving the game year on year properly in the future. If they can actually work from the base they're at, and start bringing it more in line with modern games, they could potentially have a brilliant game in the future.

Still great fun though.
I think the series does alright in terms of sales/popularity, but yeah hopefully the visibility that Steam gives it provides an extra push so further progress can be made in the future. The interface stuff is mostly simple stuff like being able to see a batsman's mentality and preferences in the match view easily rather than having to click on their profile. In previous versions you could just hover the mouse over the player's name.

The 3D match engine obviously doesn't look amazing, but I don't think it's much worse than FM's visually and the way the matches play out in terms of the frequency of dismissals etc. is quite accurate so I can forgive some odd looking stuff happening occasionally.

I'm glad I have the game in my Steam library anyway, I'm sure I'll get plenty of fun out of it in the coming year.

someone

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The implementation of steam has certainly made this game boring in one side, the internet games. Too few players are there and thus, that feature of playing the game online with others is really non-existent this year. And any chances of an editor/cheat engine for this year's game?

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
14.06 fix list:

• Database changes as suggested by the forum
  • Fixed "pure virtual" error
  • Fixed highlight exiting early issue
  • Grid-views remember position after Player Profile
  • County Championship draw points updated
  • Fixed Indian 20 over additional matches issue
  • Added Bangladesh to national team choice
  • Added missing opener text to batting preferences
  • Retains previous user team selection for 20ov/FC/OD only saves
  • Fixed text corruption in Indian 20 over contracts
  • Fixed retain/offer captaincy
  • Fixed highlighting of technique training
  • Fixed missing batting card label
  • Updated Australian FC points system
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that Bangladesh needed to be added in an update is concerning to say the very least. Although the IPL having corruption is at least realistic

Alberts

International Coach
Well, that's my enjoyment of the game completely gone then. My best young bowler, a 25 year old Leg Spinner averaging 24 after about 30 odd Tests, has just outright disappeared. Not even on the list of retired players, just doesn't exist anymore. This on the eve of the World Cup of course.

faizangmc

Club Captain
Hello everyone,
A cricket captain 2014 ONLINE LEAGUE is about to start. Some of the details about the it :
1) There will a promotion/relegations system with 8 players in each division with 3 places for p/r.
2) It has a LEADERBOARD system which is will show the overall performance of any team in terms of points.
The points calculation will take into account your wins with respect to the importance of the tournament/league.
It will also include points for EVERY run u score or every wicket u take, a draw and even if u lose a game!
It will also show the total runs/wickets u earned in all of the matches and arrange them in ranking order.
Some of examples for points allotted :
a) Match win : 100 points.
(b) One run scored : total runs/100
(c) one wicket taken : tw/3.
(d) draw : 50 points and loss 25 points.

Winning a division/tournament gives additional points

The leaderboard ranking will also be used for seeding teams in SPECIAL TOURNAMENTS like World Cups. A certain no of top teams in leaderboards will autoqualify for the cups while others will have to go for qualifiers. Ofcourse, the points multipliers will be higher in these special cups
3) Fixtures will be planned for one season as a whole. At the end of season teams get promoted/relegated.

4) Furthur features will be added as we stabilise the leagues.
Participtans interested will have to join this group on facebook and write a comment on the participation post with the following details :

Your team name (once set cant be changed)
Your steam id
Available days when you are free to play in a week and the time
Group link :
Facebook

SEASON 1 STARTS IN 3-5 DAYS

Link to the leaderboards : (sample)
http://1drv.ms/1uWIKg3

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've enjoyed the previous games so just bought it. Am I right in thinking nothing much has changed from last years?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
No longer being able to see the batman's preferences just by hovering over them is the type of change that makes you scratch your head and wonder why they would remove something as convenient as that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

It's probably because they pretty much copy-pasted so much of the interface from the tablet version. There are a few things that just don't feel like they were made to be used with a keyboard and mouse now... Like when you try to scroll through the players in the squad from a player's profile, the drop-down list can't be scrolled with the mouse wheel, you have to click and drag up and down like you would with a touch screen.

For all this talk of a new interface this year, I expected it to look quite decent/professional, but it is amateurish and stuff like the team emblems are fake, really small and not moddable. There's also no player pictures or an option to manually add them yourself... This is something that was in the 2001 edition... Obviously wasn't expecting something as slick and streamlined as FM but it is quite an awkward and ugly game to navigate around.

The match engine is it's saving grace though, always has been.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've been on the forum and although this edition is a little sloppy I understand what they're doing, this is basically setting the foundation for the new ICC. Some features are missing but I think the future is looking bright. However if there is no South African Domestic then I wont buy ICC2015

Nagi

Club Cricketer
I honestly believe they need to improve on the thought process around a captain sim. I've always had the need to play a sim for cricket, but I'm one of those that needs a feature or to keep me going for long periods of time. I can pick up the game for a whole day, then not touch it for a week.

I wish for a more individual captains approach. Be involved in selection and so forth. I don't want to control the whole team, but only 1 member of that team, the captain. Set targets to players, this is what I'm aiming for, you go and achieve that. Not tell them every ball, over, until they out to do something, but more send a message, need to pick up the pace when the 12th man goes and gives them drinks. When I'm batting in the sim, set my pace, my aggression individually. In terms of the bowling, thats something I would just let auto around with set entities of things to do. So a focus, whose my economy bowler, if this is being scored at this rate, bowler off and other called. Can get quite technical with this bowling point. For people who enjoy this minute by minute play, thats there choice. The word captain should really be that, else the game should be changed to Cricket Coach. Some people have more reason to focus or time to play, but I feel that games misses out on quite the scope.

Though, being online, almost no one there, and if there is, sending requests to them is pointless, they hardly accept.

I wish I had the skills to develop, cause so many aspects of things that could be added that I feel would allow for all to enjoy. From hardcore, to part-timer, to individual to team. So many aspects that could work that horribly under utilised.
Enough with rant, meh

someone

Club Captain
Nobody making a editor this time around? I got the DOB converter, art money application, can anybody make the table for it? Or guide how to make the table?

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
the cheat engine money thing still works

Watson33

Club Cricketer
It's out for mac. I apologise in advance to anyone who actively views the 'How are you doing in ICC (any version)?' thread as it's probably going to become filled with my stories of my career!

Users who are viewing this thread