Cricket coach 2009 released!!!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No they should just be forced to pay the same amount that the rest of the world does.

Either way, just this one man's opinion. Im sure no one is listening and video game companies will continue to shoot themselves in the foot with games like AC09 with no CDkey for online play etc etc.

/rant over

You can't force people though when Piracy is always an option. If piracy was such a problem the companies would stop making games and consdiering they keep churning them out, I don't think there is so much of a problem.

P

pcfan123

I think its mainly a problem with PC games though, not so much ps3

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Its much more rampant in India and China than in most other places. Also, I am not saying do not release games, I am just against the massive difference in price. I paid 60 dollars for AC09 and in India you can buy the same game for what my lunch costs and yet people still pirate it.

You have to remember that if I pay in rupees, I earn in rupees. Forcing the same price all over the world doesn't really work as different people earn in different slabs. Converting 60 dollars to rupees comes out to about 2700. There's no way in hell any gamer is paying that in this country.

By comparison, my lunch costs Rs. 40. So I paid over ten times my lunch cost to get AC09 :) However, if I were to get a pirated copy, it would only cost me twice my lunch.

I think its mainly a problem with PC games though, not so much ps3

Yep, true. I think that's mainly because the PS3 is not yet prevalent in India. Costs Rs. 18000 to get one, so not many have it.

P

pcfan123

Is it even possible to pirate ps3 games though? I have never eve heard of one.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
You have to remember that if I pay in rupees, I earn in rupees. Forcing the same price all over the world doesn't really work as different people earn in different slabs. Converting 60 dollars to rupees comes out to about 2700. There's no way in hell any gamer is paying that in this country.

By comparison, my lunch costs Rs. 40. So I paid over ten times my lunch cost to get AC09 :) However, if I were to get a pirated copy, it would only cost me twice my lunch.

Thats fine, you don't however dictate the cost that the developer, Oli, sells the game at. I have messaged him in regards to your posts, and i'll possibly speak with him soon.

I'll stand firm again, if you cannot afford to pay the price of the game, then you cannot play it, its a simple thing. If I cannot afford a car, I don't steal one do I?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Thats fine, you don't however dictate the cost that the developer, Oli, sells the game at. I have messaged him in regards to your posts, and i'll possibly speak with him soon.

I'll stand firm again, if you cannot afford to pay the price of the game, then you cannot play it, its a simple thing. If I cannot afford a car, I don't steal one do I?

downloadacarc.jpg

Note: This isn't my opinion in any way.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Im with Simbazz on this one, not being able to afford something is no excuse to steal it, unless its food and your dying on the side of the road.

Im sorry people do not make as much money in certain parts of the world, but no one said life is fair. Plus saving up for something you want makes it even better. When I was in junior high, my parents gave me $2 a day for lunch. I saved it all until it added up to $200 and bought a playstation. Would have been a hell of a lot easier to just steal one, but I learned a valuable lesson by doing it the legit way.

Lol, they always play those bloody ads before movies, and your probably right, most people would steal a car if they could get away with it as easily as downloading a movie.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I don't have a job but my parents buy me games or they give me money and I buy it myself. I want this game a lot but I can't get it over the internet since my mum won't pay through the internet since she needs to give her credit card details out. Is there anyway I can buy this game without having to give out credit card details.

P

pcfan123

Yes, you can go to a store and buy a pre paid credit card for the amount the game is worth. Then use that to buy online

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Do you have to be a certain age or can you just go in and buy one and what stores are they available from.

P

pcfan123

You dont have to be a certain age, you can buy them with cash. Not sure about Aussie stores but over here you can get them at

Target, Wal Mart, K Mart, Kohls, WalGreens, CVS, Best Buy and just about any other large department store.

blake

School Cricketer
You can also just head to a bank I guess Hedger, if you want a pre-paid credit card, ANZ does that stuff I think.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
@Hedger, I'm still not really sure why people wont use the internet for purchases, its cheaper, more convenient and a hell of a lot easier. In this case, there is a slim-to-none chance of something going untoward, as its a controlled system where you enter details.

The pre-paid thing i've heard of before, not entirely sure how it works.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Offtopic:
Well I agree that you need to buy the game and not pirate it. Buying it gets the developer credit for his hard work and his daily bread and butter. You can't disagree with that. We all work and earn money. This is how he works and earns. Spare a thought for that and you have done the right thing.

Coming to pricing of games, well there are very few titles which are priced low. As far as I know, we pay the same price the world pays for each title. Most titles here are around the 1k-2k mark which pretty much is what the end result of the conversion rate to rupees. Very few titles are sold for 500 rupees unless they are 2 years old or so.

Piracy has been rampant throughout the world. If developers stop selling stuff in Asia, that doesn't put an end to it. Piracy will end only when people start giving due credit where it is deserved.

Guys I have a question, is it better to get ICC or Cricket Coach right now? I believe some number of patches have been released and was wondering whether those bugs I read about in the first page of this thread have been fixed. If not all of them, at least the ones which need to be.

EDIT: The reason many people, at least in India, don't use their credit cards on the net is due to their own security concerns.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread