Cricket coach 2009 released!!!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Exactly, video games are a luxury not a necessity, if your poor then dont play them, go get a job instead

Its what pisses me off about the game industry as a whole, and the reason why companies don't market in Asia, because the majority just steal the games anyways (In no way am I saying each one steals, yes, just like the UK, there are those who do, and those who don't, don't go an paddy).

You wouldn't walk into a Game-store and steal a PS3 game would you? So why steal a game full-stop.

I like that Hmarka, games ARE a luxury. If I cannot afford Assassin's Creed 2, I don't buy it, end of.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Its what pisses me off about the game industry as a whole, and the reason why companies don't market in Asia, because the majority just steal the games anyways (In no way am I saying each one steals, yes, just like the UK, there are those who do, and those who don't, don't go an paddy).

You wouldn't walk into a Game-store and steal a PS3 game would you? So why steal a game full-stop.

I like that Hmarka, games ARE a luxury. If I cannot afford Assassin's Creed 2, I don't buy it, end of.

Simbo, you'll be happy to hear, I'm FINALLY! getting CC09 :) *fingers crossed*

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Simbo, you'll be happy to hear, I'm FINALLY! getting CC09 :) *fingers crossed*

Awesome :D

You'll be happy to hear its a lot better than the last time we spoke, now only if Uni wasnt so damn workloadish (made that word up!)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Awesome :D

You'll be happy to hear its a lot better than the last time we spoke, now only if Uni wasnt so damn workloadish (made that word up!)

When I say *fingers crossed*, I'm hoping cos I asked my dad for it, but not sure if he has a credit card yet :spy. So I'm hoping!

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Exactly, video games are a luxury not a necessity, if your poor then dont play them, go get a job instead

You need to understand the demographics/economics of the region before spouting off. 1127 is a big amount for the average gamer to pay in India/Pakistan and very very few (maybe 5%) would be willing AND able to pay it. If you're then saying that the other 95% of gamers should not play games at all because "they are poor," then that is just delusion.

There is a big market to be tapped here, and proper pricing will ensure that it is not left untapped. I remember buying BLC05 for 1200 Rs and being sorely disappointed. So I got me a pirated BLC07. As soon as the price came down for AC09, I got the retail copy and enjoy the advantages of the beta patch. Gamemakers must provide SOLID reasons for people not to support piracy. Preaching about ethics, integrity, and morals will get you absolutely no money.

No offense to the makers of CC09, but if your game is priced at twice the retail price of games like AC09 and FIFA, then you have already lost the battle and will not find buyers in India.

blake

School Cricketer
Dear lord, Cricket Coach was quite cheap by my standards. Video games must be dirt cheap in India! Next time I'm going on a buying spree, I'm heading to India.. buying Ashes Cricket for $12 AUD over here is simply unheard of.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
You need to understand the demographics/economics of the region before spouting off. 1127 is a big amount for the average gamer to pay in India/Pakistan and very very few (maybe 5%) would be willing AND able to pay it. If you're then saying that the other 95% of gamers should not play games at all because "they are poor," then that is just delusion.

There is a big market to be tapped here, and proper pricing will ensure that it is not left untapped. I remember buying BLC05 for 1200 Rs and being sorely disappointed. So I got me a pirated BLC07. As soon as the price came down for AC09, I got the retail copy and enjoy the advantages of the beta patch. Gamemakers must provide SOLID reasons for people not to support piracy. Preaching about ethics, integrity, and morals will get you absolutely no money.

No offense to the makers of CC09, but if your game is priced at twice the retail price of games like AC09 and FIFA, then you have already lost the battle and will not find buyers in India.

Considering the fact that over here, Fifa and other such games are the twice the price of Cricket Coach. I would say there is something very wrong with the Indian Games Market.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors

I'll pass it on, as I'm in quite close contact with the developer.

Just to re-iterate, if you cannot afford to pay for a game, you cannot afford to play it, simple. Stop stealing games, and maybe the world can start to recover a little, or atleast the very flawed market that is Asia for game developers.

P

pcfan123

No one gives a ████ about the gamer market in India. The real money is made in the US, UK, Europe and AUS

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
No one gives a ████ about the gamer market in India. The real money is made in the US, UK, Europe and AUS

That's probably not actually true, India in is probably a large market, I mean it has to be, it has 1.14billion which is probably around 10 times greater than the uk. Then if you look at percentages of the market, there will be many more people in India to buy the game. Asia is probably one of the biggest gaming markets in the world.

P

pcfan123

Its not worth the cost of distribution and the lower profits from reducing the price to release games in India where piracy is rampant.

Even used2becool said he pirated games himself and he is obviously well off enough to own a computer and educated enough to where he knows its stealing.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Its not worth the cost of distribution and the lower profits from reducing the price to release games in India where piracy is rampant.

Even used2becool said he pirated games himself and he is obviously well off enough to own a computer and educated enough to where he knows its stealing.

Piracy is rampant all over the world, you can't just stick it on India. The basic attitude your having here is that, it's not worth ever releasing anything because it will just get pirated. But, there are people, like Simbo who do pay for the game.

P

pcfan123

Its much more rampant in India and China than in most other places. Also, I am not saying do not release games, I am just against the massive difference in price. I paid 60 dollars for AC09 and in India you can buy the same game for what my lunch costs and yet people still pirate it.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
So India & China should be taken off the gaming market altogether? :p

P

pcfan123

No they should just be forced to pay the same amount that the rest of the world does.

Either way, just this one man's opinion. Im sure no one is listening and video game companies will continue to shoot themselves in the foot with games like AC09 with no CDkey for online play etc etc.

/rant over

Users who are viewing this thread