Cricket coach pro, where'd it go?

Cowburn199

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I purchased the softwrap version when CC was first released, got the cricket coach pro version a while ago.
I formatted my computer yesterday and I want to get Cricket coach pro again but I can't find the download link.
Where is it please :)

Thanks

Cowburn199

International Coach
So you're telling me I cannot play a game which I PAYED for?
That's absolutely pathetic, surely they will let me get it again because on there site on the new news it says "A big thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of the game, we will continue to offer support for those who own the title, and are sure you will continue to enjoy the game for many years to come."
:|

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Can I suggest you email Oli Norwell directly (oli.norwell(at)rockingham-software.com). He is in charge of product support nowadays.

evertonfan - care to explain what you mean by that comment? People who have purchased the game previously are still going to get the same level of support as before.

However, unlike other companies we aren't going to take money from people so close to a new cricket title being released (as obviously they will then have to shell out again in the near future).

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
I know it's a disgrace. Can't say it surprises me though.
Man, i remember the days you had nothing but good things to say about this game, ive asked many people this who say stuff against the game, but;

Why do you think its a disgrace, the level of support on any little niggling problem, be it game wise or even suggestions get answer so quickly on the websites forum that its suprising.

Unlike ICC it is a ongoing game, always looking for ideas and other things to enhance the game as to get more sales, obviously being a small company it really is massively important the next release kicks ass as unlike EA, Rockingham Software wont be lucky enough to be backing on a large base of cricketing fans.

I've not checked in on the forums for a while at Rockingham software, but when the Marcus Trescothick version was released i was very much active there, as were you Matt, and i only have good things to say about the whole setup of the company.

I've got some problems with the game, but its statistical depth beats ICC anyday, maybe id like to see a kind of better matchday coverage, but then again, Look at Football manager, at first it was only words for match day, and its now over the last few years brung in its dotted people...so yer i think Rockingham software still have every corridor to explore, with Glenn, Oli, Timewell and im sure other countless people behind the scenes, i personally know a guy called Matt who has done a bit of database help for the guys, and its going to be great for the next release.

Glenn, personally i'd say read the critism but posts such as "I know it's a disgrace. Can't say it surprises me though." shouldnt mean anything to you guys as it has no context, i reckon you boys are driven by the dream of a cricket manager game which is on par with the CM's and FM's of the soccer world, all i can say is good stuff about everything which revolves around the game, even if CC wasnt hitting all nails on the head, it was the first release and if it is going to stay an ongoing project, give it a few years i reckon it'll be fantastic.

Oh, just a quick asking from you Glenn, i dont know what exactly in the game has changed, but can i plea for more press/player/management interaction like FM and what not. :D

Simon

(PS. Sorry for it being LONNGGGG, but i thought i may aswell have a rant whilst your online so you can agree/ disagree with a post which actually has some body to it which will help im sure)

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Simbazz said:
Glenn, personally i'd say read the critism
Don't worry, we read all posts positive and negative. I prefer it, though, if people are constructive as obviously that helps us to put things right in the future.

Simbazz said:
Oh, just a quick asking from you Glenn, i dont know what exactly in the game has changed, but can i plea for more press/player/management interaction like FM and what not. :D
Unfortunately I can't comment on any of that, but it should only be a few weeks when our plans for the coming year are announced.

Ireland_Rule

Club Cricketer
What i don't like is how i purchased the game in CD format then found out i wasn't going to be able to download any updates or anything and i'd have to pay ?10 more or something for updates!

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Ireland_Rule said:
What i don't like is how i purchased the game in CD format then found out i wasn't going to be able to download any updates or anything and i'd have to pay ?10 more or something for updates!
For the benefit of people who have missed this being explained previously:

The Pro Edition (that was available for download for ?19.99) was released before the CD version. It costs more as it entitled people to the extras that were set to come later in the year.

The CD version cost ?9.99 and got free patches to any remaining bugs that found their way into the gold master version.

People who bought the CD version but wanted the extras that Pro users were getting, were entitled to upgrade by sending their copies to us and they would then get ?9.99 off the price of the Pro Edition. So in effect they paid the same amount as those who purchased the Pro Edition in the first place.

No one has been ripped off (ie purchasing one version hasn't meant you have had to pay all over again for more).

Our initial CD price point of ?9.99 is way below the usual RRP for a new game, and the ?19.99 price point is one typically used for seasonal updates to games or expansion packs. That was effectively two games in one imho and of course you got a free data update earlier this year (something certain other developers have charged ?19.99 for before). In fact I'd go so far as to say we added more features in the extras for the Pro Users then other cricket titles have added across 4 or 5 editions costing over ?100 in total.

I hope that clears that up once and for all.

Last edited:

Ireland_Rule

Club Cricketer
Glenn Stiemens said:
For the benefit of people who have missed this being explained previously:

The Pro Edition (that was available for download for ?19.99) was released before the CD version. It costs more as it entitled people to the extras that were set to come later in the year.

The CD version cost ?9.99 and got free patches to any remaining bugs that found their way into the gold master version.

People who bought the CD version but wanted the extras that Pro users were getting, were entitled to upgrade by sending their copies to us and they would then get ?9.99 off the price of the Pro Edition. So in effect they paid the same amount as those who purchased the Pro Edition in the first place.

No one has been ripped off (ie purchasing one version hasn't meant you have had to pay all over again for more).

Our initial CD price point of ?9.99 is way below the usual RRP for a new game, and the ?19.99 price point is one typically used for seasonal updates to games or expansion packs. That was effectively two games in one imho and of course you got a free data update earlier this year (something certain other developers have charged ?19.99 for before). In fact I'd go so far as to say we added more features in the extras for the Pro Users then other cricket titles have added across 4 or 5 editions costing over ?100 in total.

I hope that clears that up once and for all.

I've only had the internet for a few months, after i had purchased the game. When i purchased it and visited the forums i ws under the impression i would get the updates too but then got told i wouldn't, i don't see why i should pay another ?10 more for a game that i thought i would get updates on only to be told i'd have to pay another ?10.

I'm not too bothered anyway as i don't play the game anymore.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland_Rule said:
I've only had the internet for a few months, after i had purchased the game. When i purchased it and visited the forums i ws under the impression i would get the updates too but then got told i wouldn't, i don't see why i should pay another ?10 more for a game that i thought i would get updates on only to be told i'd have to pay another ?10.

I'm not too bothered anyway as i don't play the game anymore.
Your saying the same thing as many people before you have said.

Those who bought the game online, off the developers website, so Rockingham software paid ?19.99 for the game, at first was exactly the same at release as the CD version.

Even if you had no internet it doesnt matter because you paid for in effect the version of CC which had NO update (Obviously the guys were kind enough to release on but still, at the time of release it was understood it would have no add ons)

The people who bought there game off the internet for ?19.99 were promised extra's which the CD version buyers wouldnt get, after seeing negetive reaction the guys at Rockingham Software decided that those who had bought the CD version of the game could have a choice to either keep it and wait till the next release OR send there CD and box to the address on the website and you would get ?9.99 off the internet version which had the add-ons, so really you'd be paying the ?19.99 that people had paid for the add-on version.

You havent been ripped off or anything, as you had ample time and resources to find out Rockingham Software were offering a service to which you could get CC Pro.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey just one suggestion , you guys are doing a purely wonderful job and i am really looking forward to the next year's plans. I hope they could match my expectations

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Glenn Stiemens said:
Can I suggest you email Oli Norwell directly (oli.norwell(at)rockingham-software.com). He is in charge of product support nowadays.

evertonfan - care to explain what you mean by that comment? People who have purchased the game previously are still going to get the same level of support as before.

However, unlike other companies we aren't going to take money from people so close to a new cricket title being released (as obviously they will then have to shell out again in the near future).
I'm impressed with that attitude, although I have to say that although your game has a bit of headway to go before it can compete with the big games, as a company I would much prefer to pay you guys than EA or Childish Things (who promise updates and wait until a new version is out to do so).

Cowburn199

International Coach
Glenn Stiemens said:

Thanks but I managed to get the client elsewhere and then activate as normal.
I think your plan is excellent and shows you're loyal to customers however you should still provide us with a link to the download on your website.

Freddie2007

School Cricketer
I only ever purchased the free trial version of CC Pro, but there is an option in the thing now to still buy the full game, would I still be able to do so or not?

Users who are viewing this thread