kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the marker setup:

DSC_0451.JPG

ravenswood7

Club Captain
I've played the game a few days and what I find really annoying is the aggressive shot modifier on Xbox one L2 button im timing the ball really well all the lights on the batting feedback go green footwork shot, choice, timing but im getting caught 95 percent of the time unlike in DBC 14 where you could hit over the top easily, and I do not overuse the aggressive L2 button and this is on level rookie and batting easiest anyone else having this problem?

kasabian21

International Coach
I tried to replicate it in game and although the bowling wasn't conducive to it I still managed a few shots into the covers (though not the same shot I managed in training). The two shots practically on top of each other marked by the arrow are the closest I've got to shots into the cover region.

sketch-1482159857150.png

The image below is the previous wagon wheel with the one above overlaid (apologies for poor quality). As you can see the cover region is accessible to a degree, but only off the back foot and to the right type of ball.

overlay.jpg

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I tried to replicate it in game and although the bowling wasn't conducive to it I still managed a few shots into the covers (though not the same shot I managed in training). The two shots practically on top of each other marked by the arrow are the closest I've got to shots into the cover region.

View attachment 178233

The image below is the previous wagon wheel with the one above overlaid (apologies for poor quality). As you can see the cover region is accessible to a degree, but only off the back foot and to the right type of ball.

View attachment 178234

Good to know. This means Big Ant can patch in cover & extra cover drives along with glides/cuts to 3rd man and flicks/glances to fine leg/long leg.

kasabian21

International Coach
Good to know. This means Big Ant can patch in cover & extra cover drives along with glides/cuts to 3rd man and flicks/glances to fine leg/long leg.

I know nothing about making computer games, coding etc...but I can't imagine it difficult to increase the radius of certain shots, i.e. having the off drive able to go squarer and the leg glance go a bit finer. Perhaps @Chief could throw some light on this sort of thing? Thank you in advance. A curly wurly is in the post.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I know nothing about making computer games, coding etc...but I can't imagine it difficult to increase the radius of certain shots, i.e. having the off drive able to go squarer and the leg glance go a bit finer. Perhaps @Chief could throw some light on this sort of thing? Thank you in advance. A curly wurly is in the post.

I don't either and I've no idea whether it's easy, hard or extremely difficult but it's something which has to be done in DBC 17.

Chief

Panel of Selectors

I don't know how their shot selection system works, but it's the sort of thing that is probably tweakable with parameters. I would guess that it's almost certainly in there, just balanced so that it rarely happens (or doesn't happen at all). I'm sure it will return with tweaking.

knvanand

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Another shot type that needs looking at is the cut shot -the animation in DBC 14 was perfect for this as evidenced in the video

The 17 equivalent is strange looking and looks extremely rigid

Quick question: Is it possible for Big Ant to change shot animations or introduce new shots in subsequent patches?

kasabian21

International Coach
Re: a finer leg glance - the AI can play them pretty well, so they must be accessible to us surely.

DSC_0454.JPG

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Finally done it with a front foot cut type shot.

View attachment 178268

View attachment 178269

So is that ugly front foot cut shot, which I avoid due to cringe worthy animation and high risk of getting dismissed, a replacement for cover drive?[DOUBLEPOST=1482176252][/DOUBLEPOST]
Re: a finer leg glance - the AI can play them pretty well, so they must be accessible to us surely.

View attachment 178270

I hope so... a patch or two should get the batting up to par

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@cricket_online it would seem like it is a replacement, yes.

Oh damn! Who would think replacing a conventional cover & square drive with that front foot cut shot is the way to go? The batsman literally steps back and hangs the bat out as if a tailender poking at the ball with a high probability you would be LBW or bowled.

Users who are viewing this thread