DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun A B

Club Cricketer
One thing after 2 days of play.. This game is a money waster. Absolute money waster. I've literally lost my 3500 Rupees. I still love DBC (not DBC17). 3 years and going back! Seriously! A big let down. Never gonna buy DBC again.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This was just a cash grabbing exercise and they have achieved what they wanted. The only thing is they could have just made slight improvements to DBC 14 (without expending significant resources) and still done the cash grab, and we would have had a much better game.:facepalm

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
One thing after 2 days of play.. This game is a money waster. Absolute money waster. I've literally lost my 3500 Rupees. I still love DBC (not DBC17). 3 years and going back! Seriously! A big let down. Never gonna buy DBC again.

Okay, return the game. Never buy again? We'll see you when the next iteration comes out and it's top class...

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only thing is they could have just made slight improvements to DBC 14 (without expending significant resources) and still done the cash grab, and we would have had a much better game

I've read this from various users. It's a statement made just for the sake of extending the argument (not discussion). You know what would have happened if they had done that?

"OMG! New bottle, old wine...."
"So they just took DBC14, added a few cosmetic things and dare to sell it as a new game? That's so pathetic"
"The only thing new about DBC17 is the name. Otherwise it's the same game as DBC14"

See where I'm going with this? People will complain. People will find a reason to complain. There's no way out of this. It's a double-edged sword.

varunschuey

Club Captain
I've read this from various users. It's a statement made just for the sake of extending the argument (not discussion). You know what would have happened if they had done that?

See where I'm going with this? People will complain. People will find a reason to complain. There's no way out of this. It's a double-edged sword.

But it would still at least be playable......"Its the same as DBC 14" is much better than "Its worse than DBC 14" (as voted by the majority).

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
To be honest I don't know why everyone is still dealing with Royce, Varun and the whole lot of them. They've clearly showed they only want to complain and wind people up and as of now everyone who replies to their arguments is pretty much equally as bad as you're adding fuel to the fire. Rather just ignore their rants (or add them to your ignore list) and let's start moving the forum back to where it should be...

BRAB

International Coach
I feel like Varun was really measured about 2 days ago but he's gone off his rocker as of late. Not sure why

varunschuey

Club Captain
I feel like Varun was really measured about 2 days ago but he's gone off his rocker as of late. Not sure why

Please show me where the hyperbole/hate/slang etc is in my Review piece, and if none exists how do you explain the lack of acknowledgement/support.

There is no denying that I have taken a harder stance after that. It is partly due to the game but more because of the lack of admittance, and even more because of the way so called seniors and moderators attack anyone (displaying double standards and vengeance) who does not sing praises of the game.

I was even threatened with words like 'I DARE YOU' for questioning why bits and pieces of my review were deleted from the Bigant forum and why the moderator turned it into Pink font to deter people from reading the same. The review had no hate/hyperbole and was well written but this kind of unprofessional behavior does spark a reaction.

varunschuey

Club Captain
I was playing DBC 14 a couple of weeks ago and my wife challenged me to hit a particular advertising hoarding (at long on). I missed it by a couple of feet on the 1st attempt and was able to hit it on the second.

I hope she does not pose such challenges with DBC 17..........but hey I could tell her that I can hit the ball along the same path (identical trace from the bat to the rope...as there is no stroke variation....ala Cricket 07) and proclaim my prowess at the game. :clap:clap

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Please show me where the hyperbole/hate/slang etc is in my Review piece, and if none exists how do you explain the lack of acknowledgement/support.

There is no denying that I have taken a harder stance after that. It is partly due to the game but more because of the lack of admittance, and even more because of the way so called seniors and moderators attack anyone (displaying double standards and vengeance) who does not sing praises of the game.

I was even threatened with words like 'I DARE YOU' for questioning why bits and pieces of my review were deleted from the Bigant forum and why the moderator turned it into Pink font to deter people from reading the same. The review had no hate/hyperbole and was well written but this kind of unprofessional behavior does spark a reaction.
As Snowy had said before! Not much was wrong in your review, but your responses later on were pathetic! Before you ask, I don't know why the moderators at the BA Forum commit such a 'crime'.

Ashnal

School Cricketer
I do agree with the review. Personally I still prefer to play DBC 14 over DBC 17.
  • Bowling has improved but batting sucks
  • field placing don't have quick access
  • players look lethargic in the game
  • commentary puts you to sleep
  • Camera views are either too far or too close. DBC 14 bowling view was just perfect.
  • Can hardly see the players face during play.
After playing for awhile you just don't feel that game and game play gets boring.

BRAB

International Coach

Sorry could you please rephrase this?

If you don't answer I will be forced to assume you love the game and reccomend it to everybody

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I got a theory here. Both Varun and our friend Royce keep mentioning there wives. Maybe they are married to each other. They would make a nice couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread