dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

zimrahil the only thing i did for glory was this video one year ago :D

i try to respond quickly: the "very high pressure" should be used only for testing the hack. I think for a good game you should manually
select "medium" and sometimes "high". Anyway i think this will be changed in the next version, i dont think it's the right approach.

About the patch, i studied the assembler code a lot, so if Big Ant release an update patch i must do all work again. But if you can write me
some PSEUDO-CODE, i will include it in the patch. For example:
IF RUN RATE > 5 THEN 4% CHANCES OF EDGE
IF RUN RATE < 5 THEN 2% CHANCES OF EDGE
IF WICKETS TAKEN > 5 THEN 10% OF EDGE
etc. etc.
Wow seems it is more complicated and ingenious than I thought! Great work

ty dutch ^^
after some more testing, it seems that a better way to use the hack is this:
-Select High pressure and play normally the game. If you feel that your bowling has become ineffective, then
select Veri High and play 3-4 balls to reduce the confidence of the bowler, then select High again.
Using Very High doesnt mean that you will get a wicket, only that the ball is "difficult". Use it only for 3 or 4
consecutive balls when you feel that your bowling is becoming ineffective. I will add this reccomendations in
the first post.
edit: in the next version this will be automatic.

ty dutch ^^
after some more testing, it seems that a better way to use the hack is this:
-Select High pressure and play normally the game. If you feel that your bowling has become ineffective, then
select Veri High and play 3-4 balls to reduce the confidence of the bowler, then select High again.
Using Very High doesnt mean that you will get a wicket, only that the ball is "difficult". Use it only for 3 or 4
consecutive balls when you feel that your bowling is becoming ineffective. I will add this reccomendations in
the first post.
edit: in the next version this will be automatic.

I'm about to give v02 a whirl.

I'd suggest (if possible) 5% edge probability increase for cracked pitch, for grass pitch, for cloudy etc.

If you're able to mod AI aggression too, maybe increase aggression based on overs left

Had a brilliant game with this version..

Beautiful edges, Beaten by deliveries are realistic..

Some examples to show the realistic feel it gives. The video FPS would be low as havent got a GPU yet.

20160502155200_1.jpg

Havent had any slip catches...But had a great feel to the match..
Even spinners got turn and were able to beat the bat on occasions and Ashwin successfully took a wicket with the batsman defending in the wrong line...

Played with High pressure and Quinton was really good with his shots.The best part was all the bad deliveries was rightly punished with almost right shots...Even the run outs were proper..

Should probably try normal for first 3-4 batsman and then to high and tailenders very high..

just played 25 overs, continuing a saved game, using high pressure - (the match situation when i re-started was AI 20-odd for 2 after i posted 295, so i think high pressure isn't even cheating :))

I got 2 definite edges, one to a vacant gully and one dropping short of backward point. both genuine, beautiful edges. I got 2 others that traveled like edges - a leg glance that seemed to be a leading edge and would have mid-wicket interested if i had one, and a square cut over gully/backward point that traveled like a top edge though the sound was clean.

Also had a pad up to glove off the spinner that would have been an amazing dismissal if my short leg wasn't daydreaming about Megan Fox giving a sponge bath to Jessica Alba.

It could be my imagination, but i do get the impression that the AI wasn't middling everything - a prime example being a straight drive angled more towards off that seemed to go off the inside of the bat towards mid-on. I also got 3 LBWs so I'm wondering if > edged probability means a poorer reading of line in general from the AI, hence LBWs and not middling?

Either way, the gameplay seemed excellent and in keeping with the match situation.

This could be the patch we need to keep us sane before DBC17!!!

great work @francobaldo1

Does the level in the game legend vetran etc.
also plays a role while selecting the pressure level in the hack?

@francobaldo1

Just playing a four ball over Pro 40 game against Italy in honour of @francobaldo1 .....this is really breathing new life into bowling......4 overs in, three edges past the slips and gully but the good thing is they are punishing anything that even smells of being a bad ball. I really feel I have chance with the ball and not just play to contain runs...slips are there for a reason now and not just cosmetics! Great stuff....

Diving gully catch anyone (apologies for awful phone vid)

Also had a great edge into space.

Really feels genuine, as others have said bad balls still being put away. It's not a guaranteed wicket getter and I still have to bowl well.

Early days so not sure of long term balance but what I'm thinking is @BigAntStudios - give @francobaldo1 a job!!! Great first impressions. Quality work

I also got 3 LBWs so I'm wondering if > edged probability means a poorer reading of line in general from the AI, hence LBWs and not middling?

The patch basically decreases the skills of the batsmen. It's isn't exactly tweaking the edges' frequency, is what I have concluded from my tests.

You indeed have to still bowl well to get wickets. Even on high pressure, in career mode specifically, you won't get edges, that frequently if the batsman has played 15-20 + deliveries already. Really makes for exciting gameplay. I can finally enjoy bowling again in career mode.:cheers:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread