dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

D

Dutch

So will the batsman automatically make that run rate or it is a goal as it were depending on the quality of delivery etcetera?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He already has Franco's Rave but it might be time for another more majestic piece!

No pressure but something along the lines of the start of O Fortuna by Carl Orff..!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
was without internet yesterday, but i managed to complete the update.

version v.013 (link in the first post)

-choose a different run rate for both batsmen

USAGE: Press "use custom run rate". Select a batsman with the buttons "batsman 1" or "batsman 2". Choose a run rate (over/ball) and press "set run rate". Do the same for the
other batsman.

BUGS:
- you must activate the shot selection for the batsmen ("set for this batsman") before using the run rate tool.
- you can load the mod only once (pressing start). If you need to reload, you must probably relaunch the game too.
- there is a chance that the mod crash. It might be related also to windows 10.
- there is a chance that the mod will not work with the main Fearsome Tweak program. I will need some days
before i can merge the two programs. It's working for me with FT 1.23, i first load the the "shot tool" and then FT.
- you cant use decimal values for the run rate, like 3.50, or 1.20. The AI instead uses decimal values most of the time. Will fix this soon.

Great work, and as far as I know its working stably with fearsome tweak.

Is it possible to set target run rate as different for the different batsmen? At the moment it seems to be sticking as a constant for both of them.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Great work, and as far as I know its working stably with fearsome tweak.

Is it possible to set target run rate as different for the different batsmen? At the moment it seems to be sticking as a constant for both of them.

press "batsman 1", choose the run rate, and press "set run rate". Do the same for the other batsman. You must do this after you have activated the shot
selection for the batsmen ("set for this batsman"). If a batsman is not recognized yet (for example it says B1:-1 in the top left corner), then it's possible
that he will use the run rate of the other batsman. I need to fix this.
The most important value seems "run rate for this ball", not "run rate for this over". You need to test a little to see the effects.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@francobaldo1 Your birthday shall now be announced as an International Holiday so that everyone can enjoy the tweak and hail the majesty...:D

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
did some more testing, it seems the mod is working correctly. I have some ideas to improve it, for example add the option so one batsman can use
a custom run rate, and the other will use the default AI run rate (currently both must use either custom, or default). Also it will better to add the option
to enable/disable run rate for over and run rate for ball, so you can use just one of them. I think it's better when the AI decides what the run rate for ball
should be (based on the run rate for over).

But as i said, until there is a proper AI, is not going to be perfect. But i think it can be improved.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
did some more testing, it seems the mod is working correctly. I have some ideas to improve it, for example add the option so one batsman can use
a custom run rate, and the other will use the default AI run rate (currently both must use either custom, or default). Also it will better to add the option
to enable/disable run rate for over and run rate for ball, so you can use just one of them. I think it's better when the AI decides what the run rate for ball
should be (based on the run rate for over).

But as i said, until there is a proper AI, is not going to be perfect. But i think it can be improved.

Nice Franco, I'll definitely continue my SA vs BAN test match after I get home.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm finding a worrying trend that you can make batsmen score more runs if they just slog. There doesn't seem to be much punishment for going big with the AI. Going to have to force myself to tone AI slogging down before I sim anything proper.

Users who are viewing this thread