DBC17 Player Attributes

FunkyKP

School Cricketer
Hi all, big fan of DBC 14 and eagerly awaiting DBC17(which looks great by the way).

I was just wondering how much work goes into and how accurate the player attributes are when it comes to releasing the game?

And also, as far as I can tell, the overall player ratings is sort of new with numbers replacing the 1->5 rankings, how will these be calculated? And will an all-rounder be a players role now rather than based on attributes.

Sorry for asking so much and thanks in advance for responding.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They won't be accurate, as the released players are not allowed to have a likeness to any contracted players.

However you can change anything in the academy. User created teams don't tend to be very accurate at all in my opinion. Seems like they are often created by fans of the team and players are too strong.

It remains to be seen how much of a difference attributes and mentality make in the actual game, but early signs are encouraging.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
As far as the "all-rounder being a role" thing, from what I've seen in my short dalliance with the academy, you DO pick your players role (batman, bowler, AR, WK) and that choice affects how much you can raise your stats. So, a batsman may be able to raise all his batting stats to 100, and bowling stats to say 30 (random guess). A bowler would obviously be the other way around, and an all-rounder (there are actually 3 types.Batting, bowling, and genuine) would maybe have 80 batting and 50 bowling (batting AR, reversed for bowling), and a genuine all rounder may have a maximum of say 60 batting and 60 bowling.

So, that makes it impossible to create the "perfect" player (100 in all stats).

Keep in mind that I have only spent a short period of time in the academy, and the number values I have given are simply guesses (for examples sake), but I believe that is basically how that role/stats system works.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As far as the "all-rounder being a role" thing, from what I've seen in my short dalliance with the academy, you DO pick your players role (batman, bowler, AR, WK) and that choice affects how much you can raise your stats. So, a batsman may be able to raise all his batting stats to 100, and bowling stats to say 30 (random guess). A bowler would obviously be the other way around, and an all-rounder (there are actually 3 types.Batting, bowling, and genuine) would maybe have 80 batting and 50 bowling (batting AR, reversed for bowling), and a genuine all rounder may have a maximum of say 60 batting and 60 bowling.

So, that makes it impossible to create the "perfect" player (100 in all stats).

Keep in mind that I have only spent a short period of time in the academy, and the number values I have given are simply guesses (for examples sake), but I believe that is basically how that role/stats system works.

From memory, a wicket-keeper can only have bowling stats up to 30 (apologies, Mr Dhoni). For a batting all-rounder, I think bowling is maxed at 84, and vice versa for bowling all-rounders. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this, or any of it, but all-rounders can only have a wicket-keepers skill of 50.

honsweeter39

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey Please tell there is overcast condition when rain comes. I mean in DBC 14 rain come while in sunny day.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey Please tell there is overcast condition when rain comes. I mean in DBC 14 rain come while in sunny day.

Wrong thread (I don't know how you deduced that you'll post it here) and also it's entirely possible for it to rain with no clouds (In SA it's called a Monkey's Wedding). Also I've seen it rain multiple times and it's always been cloudy before it rained...

honsweeter39

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wrong thread (I don't know how you deduced that you'll post it here) and also it's entirely possible for it to rain with no clouds (In SA it's called a Monkey's Wedding). Also I've seen it rain multiple times and it's always been cloudy before it rained...

sorry bro
posted by mistake.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Or, "Jakkals trou met wolf se vrou", haven't heard that in a long time.lol.

Users who are viewing this thread