Dec 3-7: 2nd Test: Australia v England at the Adelaide Oval

P

pcfan123

"I think we'll bounce back and win all Tests. They'll be close, but I'm tipping a 5-0 whitewash," The Age and the Herald Sun quoted McGrath, as saying

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This day completely belongs to stupid Run Outs and great bowling from England.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
In a way it's exciting for the home fan, because there's minimal wait to see how the changes in the attack work. With a bit more pace in the wicket on day 2, it's likely to be a lot of fun for someone.

It might be a poor score on recent years, but I'm reminded of matches in the early 90s that twisted and turned in the hands of bowlers such as Wasim Akram, Curtly Ambrose and particularly Merv Hughes. I think at the very least, we're looking at something more interesting than Brisbane.

In another rarity on recent years, Adelaide's weather might be a problem. Not tomorrow, but likely Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Although Adelaide still shouldn't expect long drizzly showers, a high scoring game probably won't be as good for a result as a low one.

Owzat

International Coach
Broad has spoiled it for him. Great Performance by English bowlers. Batsmen have to back up their effort now.

Broad needs to get some wicket second innings, one wicket in the 1st Test and one wicket in the 1st innings of the 2nd Test. Add to that a duck in his only innings and he's not justifying his place. With six batsmen in the side his place can be decided on bowling alone, his batting is a bonus but not if he's not scoring any more runs than Anderson, Swann etc

As for what's gone so far, let's wait until England have established a lead before getting carried away. The top three may all have hundreds to their name from the previous innings, but every batsman starts on nought and this is a different match. They have to negotiate a tricky little end of day spell and then a relatively new ball first thing tomorrow. I think England will force a lead but I'm reckoning maybe 5-6 down by the time they pass the aussies - but who knows................

midgetwars

Club Captain
Let me just say that Australia now have probably the most inform bowling attack this year. So you never know what happens..

Remember England 260 ended up being a draw??

Also, just a quick question does diamond ducks count towards batting average??

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
North time has come, can't even make a career saving 100 when he needs it although in saying that it'll probably come in the 2nd innings with the game being a lost cause.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Harris bowled that over with a lot of pace. He was nearing 150 KPH. I wonder if he can sustain that speed for longer spells down the road.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
He won't stay at 150km/h, it is hard to find any bowler in the world that can do that. Even Lee and Ahktar dropped to about 145km/h eventually and I suspect the same will go with Harris. But the key is he actually reached 150km/h something which Johnson and co weren't close to touching.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why did England come out to bat just for one over ? Just to cram in overs into the day's requirements ?

midgetwars

Club Captain
The destructive thing about Harris is not his speed it's his speed + reverse swing which australia never has

Brook

Club Captain
To be fair, 245 is pretty similar to the 260 England made at the Gabba, so it's not a total disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread