Default Fields Editing

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
One thing I've noticed...if you change an outfield player into a close catching position (slip/batpad etc), they walk in as the bowler's approaching. To rectify this, change the bottom line in the cfg for that player (say, Basic04b.anm 102.000000 AC_PLAY) to read
Slip01.anm -81.000000 AC_PLAY. This then will make the fielders stand still and settle into their catching positions as the bowler approaches.

jonah

International Coach
Afraid not as yet Colin, time and all that... :(

Hero

Club Captain
It will be certainly cool if someone changes the fields and release it in form of patch.As we know that field editor is still away.

jonah

International Coach
The trouble with a patch is that I feel that field placings are a personal preference type thing; also it depends on what patch you're using as to where you need fielders placing.
Add to that the time involved in going through all the fields for each bowler type and re-organising them and it's quite a task.

jonah

International Coach
Well here's the 5 open fields for fast bowlers in odi's. They may not be to everyone's liking, but at least there's some slips/3rd man in there.
I'm not sure how you'd go about importing with GI2.2, so just copy paste into the required fields using config editor and Colin's latest list file.
Btw, if you see a fielder suddenly appear on the boundary just after you've hit a four there, it's not these field settings, it's the cpu ai moving fielders around (even if there's already one in the same area!). That's why you sometimes see 2 fielders within touching distance of eachother.

Attachments

• Fast (ODI) open fields.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
GI method is more complicated than I realised. A file.data has to be created manually. This will do fine for the moment...

Eddie

International Cricketer
Hi guys,

I had a bit of time on my hands last night so i went "tralling" thru the fielding postions for every type of bowler..

I found something strange..

Create your own field for a fast bowler.

Include 3 slips & 2 Gulleys..

Now compare the position of the fielders to the postion of the ones in the CPU default fields (aggressive 1 for instance).

You'll notice we can only fit in 3 slips in our fields, whereas the CPU can fit 4-5 slips!

I think this is mainly due the CPU slips being a LOT deeper creating more room for those xtra fielders.

Also can we now change the position of the Wicket Keeper?

If so i'd like to make him stand closer when the medium pacers are bowling (so slower balls don't go for 4-byes!)

And lastly, you know have we have a stroke wheel for shot editing... Would it be possible to do the same thing for fielders?

Put like and X & Y axis on a blank pitch screen?

if we could do that then surely we can put fielders anywhere we like? Essentially making the co-ordinates up?

jonah

International Coach
I like the idea of putting the fielders where we want, like in BLC, but in c2k2 there were only a limited number of positions that you could put the fielders in. Hopefully this won't be the same in c2k4, but when you use the ingame field editor you only get those limited positions again... :(

Eddie

International Cricketer
In that case i will make up some co-ordinates (between -8 and 8) and see what happens.

Will kep you up-dated

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Here's a plan I made a couple of days ago. Like you said fielders can go anywhere: (-8 to 8 were approximations on my part; more checking needed)

fieldplacementslines.jpg

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
Here comes the visulalizer ,took me around 1/2h to re-work things.hope this might help. iirc yes c2004 has a inbuild function to dynamically calculate fields according to poor A.I. Colin search for more StartXY strings in gob that might be too.

:drinks

Attachments

• Field Visualizer.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 60
  • fv.jpg
    fv.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 96

Ste

Executive member
Looks good sam, it will definatly make figuring out the co-ordinates to use when making fields much simpler!

Kerry_OKeeffe

Club Captain
Ive got my script so now how do i put it in the game

StartXZ -1 2

StartXZ 4 2

StartXZ -4 2

StartXZ -4 -1

StartXZ -1 -3

StartXZ 3 -2

StartXZ 3 4

StartXZ 7 1