Discuss all your great wins/losses/draws here.

Azza!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

This is my greatest chase in an ODI ever - and it was an accident.

I was at the bottom of the Super 8 in the 2011 World Cup with New Zealand. The last game against: Zimbabwe. They would make the semis with a win, and I wanted that to happen, so I decided pre-game to throw it away. I bowled delieberatly horrible, and as you can see I used Stephen Fleming. They made 2-333, including a 144 from Mukondiwa.

I was in slog mode from the beginning, looking to throw wickets away early, and I did, situated at 7-173 from 31 overs; needing 161 from 114 - Mills and Franklin at the crease. Never did I even think of what happened next. The 2 put on 119 from just 63 balls and had me poised for victory. By the time I realised what happened, I was 9 wickets down, 19 to win in 6 overs. With Franklin using the strike, I cruised to a 1 wicket win with 17 balls remaining. What a turnaround!

Definitely Franklins best innings in an ODI, and if anyone has hit bigger and quicker with a number 9 in an ODI - I want to hear about it.

Closely observe the 8th wicket partnership, Franklin and Mills' scores, and the fact that Mukondiwa smashed the record for the highest score in a losing side!

Azza,
Famously known for his Zimbabwe diary - check it out! :D

Attachments

• Batting Card.JPG
    Batting Card.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Minicard.JPG
    Minicard.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Partnerships.JPG
    Partnerships.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 130

Azza!

Club Cricketer

Yeah I just wish I had the intention of winning :S

Hsn

School Cricketer
Whoa, nice 'accidental' win there, Azza! :)

My chase was nothing compared to that and I actually tried. :p

Azza!

Club Cricketer

Another fantastic win I couldn't help sharing.. And this one was intentional! :O

We'll let the scorecards speak for themselves.. My highest 50 over total and win yet - by a VERY long way.

Azza!

And the other screenies..

Attachments

• Minicard.JPG
    Minicard.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 131
  • India Batting Card.JPG
    India Batting Card.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Sinhalese Bowling Card.JPG
    Sinhalese Bowling Card.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Minicard.JPG
    Minicard.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Sinhalese Batting Card.JPG
    Sinhalese Batting Card.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 118
  • India Bowling Card.JPG
    India Bowling Card.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
1st Ashes Test

Australia bat first, Hayden and Hussey go off with a flyer as they both make centuries and right before Hayden gets his, Hussey goes with the score at 1-194.
Ponting comes in and makes a 93 along with Hayden's 212, nothing happened at the bottom and I only made another 50 with Clarke for a total of 483/7dec(108.3 overs).

England come in and Trescothick 104, Pieterson 149, Bell 65 gave me a worry of making 600+ as i declared too early but with the magic Warnie I came back and stopped them at 462 all out.

Rain delayed the game for about 3 hours!

Hayden and Ponting again combine and Hayden making a massive 161, Pontings 131, D. Husseys 51*, Martyns 43* and I was forced to declare early risk drawing! 3/381dec.

403 to win in about 110 overs!
Take 2 quick wickets and its 2-18! but Pieterson and Bell combined both making exactly 130 with the scores at 3/285 I was in trouble! Flintoff and Vaughan chipping in another 50 and it was 7/338 and all of a sudden it was in my favour! G Jones (45) and Hoggard (16) (both combined to take the score to 9/399 with (unbelievably!) 1 over left! Hoggard and Harmison at the crease with Harwood having the final over, he gave away a 2 (401/9) and then Harmison hits it straight to square leg and I won by 1 run! (401 ALL OUT)

Believe it or not!

I also just got my largest score yet! :D Should have been able to get more! Hayden has been on fire for the last 10 matches and Clarke too! 2nd largest win for me.

highscore9xh.jpg

highscore22by.jpg

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
449 o.O not bad good stuff azza as well

Azza!

Club Cricketer

Just topped that 440 against ZImbabwe.. also scored a double ton in an ODI :O

Attachments

• 2-452 in an ODI.JPG
    2-452 in an ODI.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 146

Hsn

School Cricketer
Just destroyed South Africa in the final match to clinch the ODI series 3-2. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also finished a test match against Austalia with a similar result ;). Farhat, the star of course.

Man, I'm on fire these days! :D

umair_9001

School Cricketer
India Vs USA

hey guyz..whtz up..i scored this against USA in the worldcup..rest the images speak.. :clap

Attachments

• Worldcup7.JPG
    Worldcup7.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Worldcup2.JPG
    Worldcup2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 103

Hsn

School Cricketer
Okay, I changed my mind... this HAS to be my best game yet. I was hosting New Zealand for 2 Tests and 5 ODIs. I comfortably won the test series 2-0. However, I struggled in the ODI as I was down 2-0. I came back in the third winning comfortably and making the series 2-1. The next match was a tough one. I decided to bowl first and it proved costly, as New Zealand put up a big total: 280-4. I have chased 280+ only once before.

This match was nail-biting right down to the end. It was swinging for Pakistan at one point and New Zealand at another! In the end, I won with one wicket remaining! I've also attached a screenshot of the run rate graph to show what a close contest this was! Enjoy!

Edit: I lost the 5th match though. :(

Last edited:

gary0808

Club Cricketer

WHAT A MATCH!!!!!! Not statistically but when you consider I was 66-5 it was pretty brilliant by Stuart Law.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Smashed Australia here :)! With Ronnie Irani!! He scored 50 in the first innings, took 3 wickets in the first and 6 in the second. I give credit to Duded for telling me to pick him :p.

Attachments

• IRANI!!!.JPG
    IRANI!!!.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 101

Hamish

Club Cricketer
Epic Final - India in the Sri Lankan Triseries

I won the Final against Sri Lanka in the triseries (Triseries feautured in my thread) by 2 runs. Tailender Dias dropped by Gambhir on the last ball of the 2nd last over, which went for 4! 3 runs to get. No bowler left besides Sehwag. Bowls a majestic 1 run over! I'll give details in my thread. Just waiting for some thoughts on my thread first before I cover this match.

Just click on the link below.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread