Does the game upscale attributes to create parity?

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know that this was a thing in the rugby league games for online play so that you could have parity and a very poorly side would have their attributes upscaled to match the stronger opponent and I have no problem with that for online play but this has no place in the single player at all and I've noticed this in my matches in the tours that the poorer opposition suddenly are rated higher than me.

e6S3wEv.png

The above image is Gloucestershire's rating in the academy on the left and their rating in my tour match against Australia on the right. For the record Australia were rated 89, 88, 90 for an overall of 89.

So does this have any impact on the game at all? I noticed this playing in Zimbabwe and I'm noticing it again playing in England. If this does have an impact then can it be turned off because I can't find where to remove it.

@MattW could you shed some light on this for me please?

Last edited:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Really bizarre... Is this just in Tour Mode? Do you play on top difficulty?

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Happened to me too, my team gets lowered and their team gets higher. I think the overall rating is more of a random number at this point.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I did notice against Matabeleland that their stars were in the 80's (lol a Zimbabwe domestic team) but Zimbabwe had I think low 70's for batting in the first test. It'd be good to get confirmation from someone

Really bizarre... Is this just in Tour Mode? Do you play on top difficulty?
I play default settings I don't think I've played enough to work out what I wanted tweaked in the sliders, I've only batted about 400 overs and bowled half that.

I've only noticed it in tour games it's the only mode I play.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW could you shed some light on this for me please?
Something's just going wrong with how that overall value is being calculated - there's no scaling being applied to the player skills, just that overall value displayed isn't right.

The player ratings while you're adjusting the line up, and the ones shown on the screens in game (batting/bowling order adjustment and when surveying the field) are correct and are the ones being used.

Scaling does exist in the game online, it's the default for quick matches and can be set on or off for custom ones - you'll see that scaling reflected on those in match displays as well.

Users who are viewing this thread