Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Ranji Trophy-First class
Vijay Hazare-One Day
Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy-T20(not ipl)
Further to all this, is there another tier of cricket played with other clubs? All these competitions are comprised of the same 27 clubs
This 3 have same 27 teams but just a bit different squads according to the format.
It would be great if we could add another tier of competitions below these, just to give the player some sense of furthering their career when they play.
I think you have to create a fictional second tier as at this moment they are independent leagues which help the state board in selecting the players for the top tier league.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Would love some info on Zimbabwean Cricket @swirler if you can spare some time. :)

Well at first class level there are only two competitions:

Logan Cup - 4 day cricket
Pro50 Championship - list A competition

Zimbabwe Cricket haven't organised any proper T20 cricket during the last two seasons.

Only four teams are involved in the domestic competition:

- Mid West Rhinos
- Matabelaland Tuskers
- Mashonaland Eagles
- Mountaineers

The Southern Rocks were previously involved, but were removed because of budget cuts.

Also there has been talk of the Mountaineers being removed, for another Harare based team this season.

Most club cricket is played in Harare, where I think there is three different levels of competition.

Welcome To HMCA

I can't tell you all the team names, or any of the squads because I don't live in Zimbabwe.

There is also club cricket in Triangle, Kwekwe, & in Bulawayo.

there may also be club cricket in Mutare & Masvingo. :)

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
Great to have you on forums. I can help you out with one of the tiers. Actually the above mentioned KPL is not a state based competitions as Vijay Hazare or Ranji etc...

KPL consist of teams playing for different cities of Karnataka State. Now players for Karnataka State Ranji Team are selected based on players performance in KPL.

Hope this helped you. Any questions regarding this can be clarified with me without any hesitations.

Very useful and thanks for the offer. :)

Where would a young player start out playing cricket in India? Would he play for a 2nd team for one of the well known 27 teams?

What happens in the game is at the start you are asked to put your nationality in and which country you want to play your cricket in, so these could be different. For example you might be an Indian who wants to play in England or you could be Australian and want to play in India. The player starts at a lower level and works their way up to playing for the best teams and getting selected to play for their country.

We won't be paying to have all officially licensed teams in the game, so we were hoping we could just do regional teams for the most part. The difficulty comes with franchises and the apparent lack of grass roots cricket in some countries. Would it matter if we just made up a lower tier of cricket and had the player playing for a B team?

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
Well at first class level there are only two competitions:

Logan Cup - 4 day cricket
Pro50 Championship - list A competition

Zimbabwe Cricket haven't organised any proper T20 cricket during the last two seasons.

Only four teams are involved in the domestic competition:

- Mid West Rhinos
- Matabelaland Tuskers
- Mashonaland Eagles
- Mountaineers

The Southern Rocks were previously involved, but were removed because of budget cuts.

Also there has been talk of the Mountaineers being removed, for another Harare based team this season.

Most club cricket is played in Harare, where I think there is three different levels of competition.

Welcome To HMCA

I can't tell you all the team names, or any of the squads because I don't live in Zimbabwe.

There is also club cricket in Triangle, Kwekwe, & in Bulawayo.

there may also be club cricket in Mutare & Masvingo. :)

This is really useful, thanks. Just a shame there are not more teams to make a more competitive league. Maybe B teams are the way to go for us. :)

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
This 3 have same 27 teams but just a bit different squads according to the format.

I think you have to create a fictional second tier as at this moment they are independent leagues which help the state board in selecting the players for the top tier league.

The more I think about it, the more I think you are right. We will have to create a fictional 2nd tier. Probably comprised of B teams so the player can still identify with a region and can see a clear way of progressing.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very useful and thanks for the offer. :)

Where would a young player start out playing cricket in India? Would he play for a 2nd team for one of the well known 27 teams?

What happens in the game is at the start you are asked to put your nationality in and which country you want to play your cricket in, so these could be different. For example you might be an Indian who wants to play in England or you could be Australian and want to play in India. The player starts at a lower level and works their way up to playing for the best teams and getting selected to play for their country.

We won't be paying to have all officially licensed teams in the game, so we were hoping we could just do regional teams for the most part. The difficulty comes with franchises and the apparent lack of grass roots cricket in some countries. Would it matter if we just made up a lower tier of cricket and had the player playing for a B team?
Players in India play for the academy in which they are admitted. For example; Players in Mumbai play for academy situated in Mumbai. These players are recruited by State Boards for their respective Ranji Teams.

BCCI don't allow players to play in clubs of different country. Players are granted permission only after their assurance to BCCI. For example; Indian players are not allowed to play in other country's leagues like BBL,SPL etc.... Only few are granted permission to play for clubs like Kent,Surrey etc... for certain period of time.

There is no other way then to pay for licensed teams as it is the only way the players can make themselves to international level.

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
Players in India play for the academy in which they are admitted. For example; Players in Mumbai play for academy situated in Mumbai. These players are recruited by State Boards for their respective Ranji Teams.

BCCI don't allow players to play in clubs of different country. Players are granted permission only after their assurance to BCCI. For example; Indian players are not allowed to play in other country's leagues like BBL,SPL etc.... Only few are granted permission to play for clubs like Kent,Surrey etc... for certain period of time.

There is no other way then to pay for licensed teams as it is the only way the players can make themselves to international level.

Again, really useful information. Thanks. I think we might have to take some liberties with the initial release and look at how well the game does and see if it's worth adding licensed teams at a later date, especially the IPL teams. I think we can get around most of the team names by shortening them or just including the regional name of a club.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Again, really useful information. Thanks. I think we might have to take some liberties with the initial release and look at how well the game does and see if it's worth adding licensed teams at a later date, especially the IPL teams. I think we can get around most of the team names by shortening them or just including the regional name of a club.
Good idea. Or else you can try out to add teams of only England as those are better then any of the clubs in the world just like BAS did for DBC14. I mean, once a player enters his natinality then he can choose any club of England and after he gets promoted he can play for his national team whether it is England or India.

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
Good idea. Or else you can try out to add teams of only England as those are better then any of the clubs in the world just like BAS did for DBC14. I mean, once a player enters his natinality then he can choose any club of England and after he gets promoted he can play for his national team whether it is England or India.

We are still deciding what teams and countries to support on launch. We have good data on England, Australia and New Zealand and still gathering data on India, Pakistan, Bangladesh,South Africa, West Indies,Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I think there is a layer of "Club" Cricket in India that is missing here.
Thats what we call it a "Academy".
We are still deciding what teams and countries to support on launch. We have good data on England, Australia and New Zealand and still gathering data on India, Pakistan, Bangladesh,South Africa, West Indies,Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.
What are the platforms of the game to play?
Can we have the name of the game developing studio and game title? (only if you don't mind)

Mark Baldwin

School Cricketer
Thats what we call it a "Academy".

What are the platforms of the game to play?
Can we have the name of the game developeing studio and game title? (only if you don't mind)

The game will initially be on mobile devices and we can't say anything officially at the moment as we've not announced it anywhere, but we've worked on another very popular sports title for mobile devices that currently has over 10 million downloads and about 2 million daily players.

Users who are viewing this thread