Domestic structure in your country

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Guys as much as the Ashes is nothing more then a first-class, second rank 1v1 tournament it is still(For unknown reasons) classified as a 'good, international' tournament. So lets start keeping this thread on topic

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You realise that the return ashes series is in Australia and not India right? Our pitches don't crumble nearly as much as our batting lineup, you know.

Haha!! There was an interview in the cricketer that said your pitches don't crumble as much these days. Cowan I think it was!! That's maybe why you don't have a good spinner nowadays. Perth's still quick and bouncy though not like it was!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Haha!! There was an interview in the cricketer that said your pitches don't crumble as much these days. Cowan I think it was!! That's maybe why you don't have a good spinner nowadays. Perth's still quick and bouncy though not like it was!

reading a biography of Jack Hobbs - his first tour was 1907/8 I think, to Aus, and at that time the fastest pitch in Aus was considered Adelaide, which is now probably the slowest. So weird how it changes over time.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Do you think that's why the domestic game in Australia, hasn't produced the sort of players it was 10 yrs ago!! Or are cricket Australia investing less time and money in the domestic structure. When you think the likes of Lehmann and McGill couldn't get a regular place, and would've walked into most test sides of their day!

Crossy333

County Cricketer
No Aussie crickets big problem are the pitchers that they are producing during domestic games. Most are green tops or rubbish designed to get a result. I believe there was a Sheffield Shield game last season that went for a day and a bit.

That's why our fast bowlers are good. Spinners are rubbish because they never get a turn as the fast bowlers do all the work and the batsmen just have no idea how to bat a long innings.

JasXI

Club Captain
Just added the Bangladeshi & Zimbabwean teams to the document.

Last edited:

BryanIRM

School Cricketer
Just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who's helped organizing it. Since I would be absolutely awful when it comes to creating teams/players, I'd most likely be in the same shoes here of helping organize what exists and collecting the useful ones.

Since I'm still fairly unfamiliar with most domestic cricket outside of England's setup and the T20 leagues like the IPL, etc, this is really great.

I've already grabbed the WI, Zim, SAF, NZ, and Ranji teams that have been created, and linked for the ones already in-game. Hadn't looked for any Pakistani domestic clubs yet, and not really sure of the current status of the competitions in Sri Lanka or Bangladesh, which teams play in what competitions regularly, etc.

Still got a lot to learn, but this game is definitely helping that. All the same, thanks.

AlexPJSmith

County Cricketer
The English domestic structure changed this season.

First Class
The First-Class (4 day) is the same (other than Northants and Lancashire swapped divisions with Surrey and Derbyshire).

County Championship Div 1: Durham, Lancashire, Middlesex, Northants, Nottinghamshire, Somerset, Sussex, Warwickshire and Yorkshire

County Championship Div 2: Derbyshire, Essex, Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Kent, Leicestershire, Surrey and Worcestershire

List A
The big changes have occurred in the limited overs competitions. The YB40 (40 overs) is now the Royal London One-Day Cup (now 50 overs). Unicorns, Scotland and Netherlands are no longer included. I believe the divisions were picked randomly. 8 games per team (4 home, 4 away), therefore you play every team once.

Royal London One-Day Cup Group A: Derbyshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Worcestershire and Yorkshire

Royal London One-Day Cup Group B: Durham, Glamorgan, Kent, Middlesex, Nottinghamshire, Somerset, Surrey, Sussex and Warwickshire

Twenty20
The FLt20 has re-branded and is now the T20 Blast, and only has 2 regional divisions. Strangely each team plays all but one team twice (home and away) the other side (usually the furthest away) you only play once.

Natwest T20 Blast North Group: Birmingham (formerly Warwickshire), Derbyshire, Durham, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Worcestershire and Yorkshire

Natwest T20 Blast South Group: Essex, Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Kent, Middlesex, Somerset, Surrey and Sussex

Hope that all made sense! :):thumbs

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi all.
In the West Indies it's pretty simple.
7 teams, Barbados, Combined Campuses and Colleges, Guyana, Jamaica, Leeward islands, Trinidad & Tobago and Windward islands compete in the 4 day league, ODIs and T20. The top 4 of the league play a semifinal and finals knockout for overall champion.
The CPL is similar to the IPL and BBL, with foreign players as well as migration of players to other teams, e.g. Sunil Narine is a Trinidadian and plays for Trinidad and Tobago, but in the CPL he was bought by the Guyana Warriors. The CPL's structure has each team playing each other once with qualifying matches for the finals like IPL.

Reinert

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
South African Domestic:
Teams (All Formats)
The Unlimmited Titans, Nashua Mobile Cape Cobras, Sunfoil Dolphins, Chevrolet Knights, Bizhub Highveldt Lions, Chevrolet Warriors

First Class (Sunfoil Series):
2 Round Robin, winner ends top of log.

One Day (SA Domestic 50 over Cup):
2 Round Robin, Semi Finals (1v4)(2v3), Final.

T20:
2 Round Robin, Semi Finals (1v4)(2v3), Final.

All Teams available with 2014 Roster - made by Reinert/Reinert03 (Newer Uploads)

Users who are viewing this thread