Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I5 6600
R9 390 8gb
8gb DDR4

I'm considering palming my set up off and going with a 1080ti build I want that 3440x1440

Is this just your opinion/preference or do you have any reason to say console is better than PC?
I play on Xbox one and I'm very satisfied. Asking because I'm considering to buy it on Steam with all these updates & Fearsome hacks.
My way of reasoning it, and it's not an insult to the console crowd, but if you want to do more with games ie modding then PC is your way to go but if you are fine with playing games out of the box as they are then there's probably no need unless you love strategy games. DBC14 on the PC smokes the console versions because of the fearsome tweak and the awesome mods but it's probably closer to parity at the moment in 17

You have me back to front though PC is superior but I have a PS4 too I just stir the pot with the PCMR stuff.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So I've been thinking about the Ai and that a lot of people say that the fields set by the Ai are stupid when batting etc. and that when bowling it's just luck when you get a wicket.
Does anyone else think it would be good if the Ai actually went through plans to get you out when batting? Like trying to bounce you out if you edge a pull or nick you off early in the innings and having appropriate fields for the plan rather then just having them block the gap you hit the last four through. Form could come into it as well, like if you keep getting out the same way the Ai targets that plan for longer or more often during an innings. The better the bowler the better they could execute the plan as well etc.

And when bowling, obviously in real life there's wickets at anytime whether it's a good ball or not. But i think it would be cool if the confidence meter could come into it more, like if you have low confidence you might miss your length and bowl a full toss or wide and not be able to bowl an in swinger or wrong'un, basically it would be good to be punished for bad bowling. At the same time it would be good to feel like you get on top of a batsman and like bring them in into a vulnerable zone where they might chase a wide one or get frustrated and try hit a boundary depending on their mentality.
I was just wondering if anyone else would think that'd be cool anyway. It might actually make the game feel scripted, but I don't really know about How to make video games so yeah haha

this would be awesome unfortunately the AI is miles away from that level of sophistication currently

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I am not able to buy dbc 17 on steam
If I select the payment option as Visa and enter info of my VISA debit card then it shows that transaction not completed and when I select Debit card ( domestic ) as my payment option through novaplay then after filling in the shipping and billing info it shows a dialog box of selecting the card for payment but when i click the drop down button to select a card type it just freezes and nothing happens
The transaction timer ends and transaction still not complete
country in my steam account is India already and steam is updated to latest version too
Can anyone please help me with this

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If I select the payment option as Visa and enter info of my VISA debit card then it shows that transaction not completed and when I select Debit card ( domestic ) as my payment option through novaplay then after filling in the shipping and billing info it shows a dialog box of selecting the card for payment but when i click the drop down button to select a card type it just freezes and nothing happens
country in my steam account is India already and steam is updated to latest version too
I know this post is not for this thread but there was no one viewing the general discussions thread and I have to buy this game today
The problem more likely than not lies with your bank. I suggest you contact CS of your bank and let them know about this.

As an alternative, I can suggest you go for Steam Wallet card such as GamersGift. I've been using it for the last 2-3 years and have bought all my games through it. It's legit and trustworthy.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The problem more likely than not lies with your bank. I suggest you contact CS of your bank and let them know about this.

As an alternative, I can suggest you go for Steam Wallet card such as GamersGift. I've been using it for the last 2-3 years and have bought all my games through it. It's legit and trustworthy.
In my second payment option i.e. debit card ( domestic )
the transaction problem occurs even before filling in the card details so how can the problem be related to my bank?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In my second payment option i.e. debit card ( domestic )
the transaction problem occurs even before filling in the card details so how can the problem be related to my bank?
Hence, the "more likely" part in my previous reply. It may be, it may not be. No point arguing over it with me. I'm not a representative of Steam.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@rishabh9627
Uploads the screenshots , I have bought the game on steam just 1-2 weeks back, I could find everything ok.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
@rishabh9627
Uploads the screenshots , I have bought the game on steam just 1-2 weeks back, I could find everything ok.
thanks a lot but no need of it now
actually problem was occuring when i was purchasing the game directly from the steam software which was installed in my laptop
don't know why tbh bcoz the steam software was fully updated
after that i tried doing it from the steam website and it worked

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
thanks a lot but no need of it now
actually problem was occuring when i was purchasing the game directly from the steam software which was installed in my laptop
don't know why tbh bcoz the steam software was fully updated
after that i tried doing it from the steam website and it worked
:thumbs

grkrama

National Board President

basically novaplay sucks, why the hell would steam choose such a unknown entity for payment gateway i dont know. It only works through browser and not through client.

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
Playing the game on Xbox One (I know this said PC in the thread title but wondered if this was replicated) - if you play a Test match for a period of time, save the game then come back to it later, all the accumulated pitch wear seems to disappear - in other words the pitch on day 3 has no footmarks/cracks etc. Does this happen for others?

mal2771

School Cricketer
Hi, downloaded the English county sides from recommended users on the county project. However Kent doesn't have an identity badge like all the other county teams. It puts all the text out of place in career mode when looking at fixtures, standings etc. Was going to download the logo individually but worried it will cause CTD as had that problem before when using individual logos etc. Am on PS4 and was wondering if anyone else had same problem and if they downloaded the club badge/ logo and had no problems after with CTD.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing the game on Xbox One (I know this said PC in the thread title but wondered if this was replicated) - if you play a Test match for a period of time, save the game then come back to it later, all the accumulated pitch wear seems to disappear - in other words the pitch on day 3 has no footmarks/cracks etc. Does this happen for others?

This is a known Bug , since the very first days of DBC14 .

Its just never gotten the attention to fix it , because of too much else that was buggered.

Aranya Das XD

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I am new to Planet Cricket (although I opened my account couple years back, I only started using it seriously after purchasing DBC17).

So anyway, my query was...
Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
Bug or not.jpg

I am suppposed to be NSW, and I am confused. Have I been followed-on? Is the follow-on rule for Shield Cricket the margin of 150 runs deficit?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, I am new to Planet Cricket (although I opened my account couple years back, I only started using it seriously after purchasing DBC17).

So anyway, my query was...
Can anyone tell me if this is normal?View attachment 190238

I am suppposed to be NSW, and I am confused. Have I been followed-on? Is the follow-on rule for Shield Cricket the margin of 150 runs deficit?

In a 4 day match, the follow on margin is 150 runs. In Tests (5 day matches) it's 200 runs. Hope this clarifies.

Users who are viewing this thread