Don Bradman CRICKET 14 Batting/Bowling/Fielding Controls (Updated)

tharun24

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which gamepad is suitable for PC version bcz im a PC user...

jetsetmike

School Cricketer
What's the difference between throwing to the WK stumps/end and bowler stumps/end? From what I've seen, they pretty much behave the same. Is one supposed to be a more all-out attempt at hitting the stumps, while one is just a throw to the fielder?

BoomBoomBoom

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi Guys,

Is their a way to check batman confidence in career mode? :wave

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
What's the difference between throwing to the WK stumps/end and bowler stumps/end? From what I've seen, they pretty much behave the same. Is one supposed to be a more all-out attempt at hitting the stumps, while one is just a throw to the fielder?

Can't quite figure out if this is a serious question or not.
You throw to the end where you are most likely to run the batsman out.

jetsetmike

School Cricketer
Can't quite figure out if this is a serious question or not.
You throw to the end where you are most likely to run the batsman out.

I am extremely new to cricket, but no...I get that; maybe I phrased the question poorly. For example, what's the difference between pressing triangle to throw to the bowler stumps versus pressing circle to throw to the bowler end?

thevicky

Club Captain
I am extremely new to cricket, but no...I get that; maybe I phrased the question poorly. For example, what's the difference between pressing triangle to throw to the bowler stumps versus pressing circle to throw to the bowler end?

In theory throwing at the stumps should be aiming for a direct hit with a higher chance of overthrows while throwing to the bowler/keeper is unlikely to result in a direct hit but also unlikely to result in extra runs from overthrows.

In practice I've found no point in throwing for a direct hit as throwing to the bowler/keeper seems just as likely to result in a direct hit without the associated risk of giving away free runs.

yogi33

School Cricketer

I haven't got the manual here but here are to options for each end (at wickets or not) I think. Check the manual. All on face buttons. Holding the button longer is a more aggressive throw as well

SRIVVS

School Cricketer
Hey I noticed that the Right Analog Stick is used for catching.
But I don't understand. Do you have to just flick it in a certain direction or press it?

convertorboy

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hey I noticed that the Right Analog Stick is used for catching.
But I don't understand. Do you have to just flick it in a certain direction or press it?

LAS moves the fielder in that direction, RAS to catch in that direction. Timing isn't important, the direction is.

burgerman

School Cricketer
does anyone know who to play a normal sweep shot? every time i try i always end up playing a leg glance

Users who are viewing this thread