Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got the player-warp/flash fielder glitch tonight, except...

HE DROPPED THE CATCH

It was comical, I actually laughed. That's the first time, genuinely, I've seen mid on drop a catch, ever. I couldn't believe my eyes... Mid on warped to the ball at lightspeed, then must have warped too fast or something and the ball just hit him in the chest, turned around and chased it as it continued to roll to the boundary?! True to form, I was run out by the "wander back into the crease" bug so at least I'm consistent in my failures, but man... Seeing Zeus' chiropractor drop a catch was like finding diamonds in cat shit, amazing.

I shut the game down after that, won't be topping that this evening.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I started playing a casual game in pro mode after a long time as I was so much into Career game play (Not so well though :D). As everyone say the AI was completely pathetic. I took them down for 61 runs in 9 overs but the game was a 50 over one day match :facepalm. Then I came to batting and I wanted to practice some aggressive ground shots (Using L2 & R2) so that I can use them in career mode. As this was new for me, I lost three wickets for no runs :eek:. Then when the next batsman came I wanted to score a couple of runs but whatever shot I play the ball was going only to mid on or mid off :noway. So I checked the confidence meter of the batsman and I was shocked to see that the confidence was completely zero :eek:. It took another two overs for me to score two runs. Then the ball angle started to move slightly. Confidence meter was also increased when the match was about to get over. Initially it was so frustrating but then I realised how wonderfully the game was created. It is exactly like real cricket, when a team looses two or three quick wickets the next batsman will obviously stumble. Then he will gain his confidence gradually as he starts to score runs. This is really amazing. Good work BA Studio :thumbs :clap

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
One little detail that I've noticed that is cute, more than anything... but when you make a decent contribution in the game, at the end of the match when you win in the field and your team runs up to high-five whomever, you're shown as one of the group that runs in to celebrate with the team.

...when you don't contribute, you're not in that little end-match montage.

Wonder if that's by design or just a field-placement thing.

I notice more often than not when I score runs, I'm usually fielding in the inner-circle and when I suck, I'm in the outfield.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I have been playing this game for 5.5 weeks now and still loving it, made 5 Tons on pro so far with my best being 155 not out and also three 90s also.

Can't wait for the next patch as i feel it's going to be like learning again with all the improvements. PS Had 2 bat/pad catches and 3 edges to slips plus two 4s to the third man area. This just needs to happen more, hoping when the line and length is fixed this will happen. Thanks Bigant.:D

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I avoided the "wander-back-into-the-crease" bug just before, by mashing the shit out of the triangle on my controller (dive button) and it doesn't usually work, but I just spammed it and must have caught a split-second window for getting it right and thankfully my player dived back into the crease. I'm balls deep in the 40s at the moment, so pleased I can bring up another 50...

...turns out you can dive back into the crease at the bowlers end, hold down the speed-run trigger and just spam that button, kids!

shashibehere

Club Cricketer
Hi everyone. I've been stalking the forums for ages, but this is my first post. I just wanted to thank bigant for making this game. I grew up in the 90's-00's, and spent a lot of time on a lot of cricket games. I've never experienced anything like this before. This game has had me hooked. I've been playing career mode for 2 weeks now, and basically all my free time away from my busy hospital job has been sucked into this game. It's the closest I've ever felt to what real cricket feels like, so great job guys, thanks for pouring your love into this game.

I just wanted to highlight two things that speak volumes to me about the passion behind this project-

a. have you noticed that the bat picks up red smudges as you face each ball? I'm sure that this is probably limited by the hardware (just like the number of bullet marks you can make on a wall in an FPS), but every ball you face creates a corresponding red mark on your blade, and it really gives me a kick to see a well reddened bat once I've been at the crease for a while

b. have you noticed that the ball wears down with time, and will actually remain shiny on one side as the bowling team continues to shine it?

c. the seam movement on replays is so accurate and beautiful to look at, sometimes I just keep looking at replays of balls that have seamed or swung...

Little things, but they all add up and make this such a wonderful experience.
:clap

Users who are viewing this thread