Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I can't download the teams yet, is this happening to anyone else in Aus.:(

Apparently on Xbox, yeah.

Doing a legend career mode, batting partner hit 4 consecutive fours, single, then I get sconned in the face! :(

Update: Out for 7 and 4, no way I hit the second ball though! Couldn't review though!

Last edited:
Hi,

I usually get bored with playing against AI and end up playing against myself (bat for both teams or bowl for both teams). Is it possible to change the side mid-game? (ala Fifa, or some older cricket games as well).

I remember Cricket 07, where you could only change sides when you load a save, and you could save only at the end of the over, so you ended up having to play an over at least before you could change sides, which was a pain. Could someone confirm how it works in this game?

This is like those people playing chess against themselves.

I have tried it. I can never win.

No animations for batsmen being hit is a bit sad :( Other than that though I haven't seen any problems.

Running between wickets feels great, changed the running camera to broadcast to see where the ball was and I was all set.

This is like those people playing chess against themselves.

I have tried it. I can never win.

Always one move ahead of yourself?

I get a strange sense of satisfaction seeing all these people that have waited so long to finally get their hands on the game. Hope to see everyone's impressions while I play the waiting game :)

Either @snowCassanova has died, or he too has the game...

Damn you all!!

Anybody else have issues with dropping sharp catches on silly or caught and bowled at Pro difficulty and semi-automatic fielding?

I drop quite a few chances when playing because it happens too quick.

Anybody else have issues with dropping sharp catches on silly or caught and bowled at Pro difficulty and semi-automatic fielding?

I drop quite a few chances when playing because it happens too quick.

Can't say about sharp catches elsewhere, EXCEPT for silly mid on where even the commentator won't recognize a drop chance even if the ball would hit the fielder's body, but I have taken nearly all caught and bowled chances at Pro in the career mode.

Also, I have noticed it's best to not press the 'square' button when the ball is air-born or else it results in a drop.

Can't say about sharp catches elsewhere, EXCEPT for silly mid on where even the commentator won't recognize a drop chance even if the ball would hit the fielder's body, but I have taken nearly all caught and bowled chances at Pro in the career mode.

Also, I have noticed it's best to not press the 'square' button when the ball is air-born or else it results in a drop.

Do you use the right stick to move the fielder in the direction of the incoming ball to take the catch?

Either @snowCassanova has died, or he too has the game...

Damn you all!!

More than 400+ greedy eyes on the forum but no one posting anything .. I hope Biggs you remain same once you get the game.

Its really making wait harder for the game. Atleast keep on posting something. As I do nothing but reading (write a post very rarely)

Mine just shipped few min back.. :D

Angad, you also ordered from intencity ?

On the contrary, I'm quite good with the sharp catches. It is the high skiers which game me trouble. Dropped 3 out of 5 :facepalm I guess i press too early.

Users who are viewing this thread