Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...funnily enough that photo was taken in a cafe, where I grabbed a coffee n'cake to celebrate... Haha

skiptotheend

School Cricketer
Yeh except the 'issues' you've raised also occur with the on-disc players - which have statistics provided by Big Ant themselves.

Having applied attributes and ratings for all the players I created, I know what went in to them, and the distribution of fielding skills is not significantly different from what exists for on-disc counterparts. The fielding isn't a product of the user created players.

Hmmm - ok, fair enough. I haven't played it so clearly I'm at a massive disadvantage in knowing the actual impact.

I do still think the CA teams will be a lot more refined in a month or so, so I'm going to play 'out-of-the-box' in the first instance, then move the the CA teams further down the line.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I think attributes for skill and the like in fielding (catching/running) either need to be turned down drastically or the AI needs to miss the stumps more often than not... Based on the videos I've watched, too many direct hits, but it's a small thing.

There also doesn't seem to be a big difference in the hit frequency as a function of the throwing angle. I've seen many direct hits when there has been one stump to aim at.

The above statement is only based on a very small viewing of youtube videos though.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Hmmm - ok, fair enough. I haven't played it so clearly I'm at a massive disadvantage in knowing the actual impact.

I do still think the CA teams will be a lot more refined in a month or so, so I'm going to play 'out-of-the-box' in the first instance, then move the the CA teams further down the line.

Understandable. We will of course test our teams ourselves and tweak them. But it helps when others put in their inputs too on what they think should be changed.

wwesocks

School Cricketer
Best teams

Hi how to I download the best players & teams. What are the best creators names? Thank you.

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
What I noticed in the eng v aus game on the page before was that the keeper or bowler would only whip the bails off if the batsmen don't do anything when they cross the crease. The moment that the batsmen make an effort to ground their bats and not just lazily stroll into the crease this problem seems to disappear.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was it the cafe you unashamedly keep plugging?

Hahaha @Chief nah this is my local coffee roasters here in NZ. The other one used to be my local run by a friend when I lived in Melbourne... As the song goes, I've been everywhere, man.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Just thought I'd pop in here to say, You smug b*st*rds and your "first impressions". I hope you're all happy and having a really fine time with the game. A really good time.

Some of us have 6 different local retailers nearby and none of them with stock yet! Some of us paid 100% of their pre-order to have EB say "not yet".

You see, right now your version of the game is Don Bradman's Cricket '14. Mines called, "Not here yet, sorry". So I hope you're all very damn pleased with yourselves!!! :mad

madman981

Club Captain
Im less that 1 hr away from playing my first gane, time can not go quick enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread