Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I can see you're pissed about this Ross. If they don't release this English ashes why don't you beat them to the punch. P.s could you release by mid August if you wanted to or to close. P.s just asking for some light on the big plan not a 100% release date.

Hahaha, everyone wants to know the release date, but only a few are bold enough to keep asking ;)

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
xoxn.jpg

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hahaha, everyone wants to know the release date, but only a few are bold enough to keep asking ;)

Yeah it's getting hard to think of ways to ask.:p

No I can wait:lol but I am trying to get my head around why bigant don't just kill ashes 2013 right now. Maybe Ross is no bill gates way of business thinking. Has the cricket market been so hurt by ashes that a different and better game as ross has said can not be successful.:spy

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah it's getting hard to think of ways to ask.:p

No I can wait:lol but I am trying to get my head around why bigant don't just kill ashes 2013 right now. Maybe Ross is no bill gates way of business thinking. Has the cricket market been so hurt by ashes that a different and better game as ross has said can not be successful.:spy

I guess that's the problem when you don't know all the facts

To most of us with zero marketing experience, assuming BA14 is complete, now is obvious time to release. First arcade game in 3 years, Ashes coming up etc etc, everything points to releasing now

However unless Ross lets us in on current completion status of Ba14 or his marketing strategy all we can do is endlessly speculate

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
True, if bigant need more time to make it 100% finished then sure, how many copies could bigant sell now being ashes time.:yes

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Given that Ashes 2013 cannot be ready during the Ashes in England, can anyone predict whether Ashes 2013 would release after the English ashes or just before the Australian Ashes - that is the question....

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Just be for the aus ashes if they still have no 100% release date by the end of July.p.s then what Ross.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
they are definitely going to miss the Ashes 2013 series.

If this is the case then I 100% wont be buying it. My question is why would they lie to us again? Surely they know if they don't hit the 'July' release date then they're screwed!

maxwasim

Club Cricketer
Ross, if we know when u r releasing, it wud make it easier to dodge the Ashes bullet whenever its due...

lets say they do release and ur release is due to come 15 days later, am pretty sure none of us will buy it then... such info would help us in planning

Kings XI Punjab

School Cricketer
first of all congrats on this brilliant concept, i just downloaded the beta version as was amazed to see the amount of customization possible,finally it appears we will have an awesome cricket game.

I have a question - will there be a stadium editor like we have in PES ?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I honestly believe that BigAnt feel that they have all bases covered in terms of release strategy. So, let us not push them further regarding the release date. However, one thing I would like to ask is whether the game has been sent for platform approvals?

fade0508

School Cricketer
I think AC13 release will miss the ashes series.

The game was pulled because they think they have an inferior product to BA Cricket. I think they realised this pretty late in the day and they were left with two options:

1. release a completed but inferior game which yields a revenue pop initially but the revenues fall away as a seemingly superior product (BA cricket) comes to market

2. Pull the release and scramble to close the gap by making last ditch improvements

I would imagine the studio is under immense pressure from sponsors to deliver and they chose the lesser of the two evils (delaying the game). It may mean missing the series but it may just salvage the long-term credibility of the game (when it's delivered); enough to prevent losing sponsors for future releases. I really do believe releasing games is not about a one-time money grab but building a brand and loyal customer base over time; that is what the studio and sponsors are banking on - a repeatable model. They have got it wrong thus far but they are now in damage limitation mode.

BA has done really well so far to benefit from the fallout but it does seem like they will deliver a much better game, and if BA were not around then I think AC13 would have released on the 21st and we'd all be complaining about yet another sub-standard title. BA have made AC13 raise their game (at least that is what it seems). Hopefully they can create a rivalry similar to FIFA and PES.

Having said ALL that(!), I can't see myself buying AC13. I will wait for BA (at any rate it seems it will release first anyhow!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread