Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I've looked. They do happen randomly at times. I've played and missed two balls in a row with a straight bat, and got a straight bat skill point both times. Some of the points might be on a 6 ball cycle, but the play and miss one definitely isn't.

If it's supposed to be a six ball cycle then it's broken.

It's broken anyway in that it gives you bonus points for misses, gives points in the wrong categories too.

If it's supposed to be a six ball cycle then it's broken.

It's broken anyway in that it gives you bonus points for misses, gives points in the wrong categories too.

I don't think that's something we can say until and unless we're given the actual rules for how the points are supposed to be given.

The most we've had at this stage is a vague "6 balls, you have to do well enough, occasionally for something special"

They may have built a "play and miss x times" in for gaining a skill point, because let's face it, playing and missing multiple times would improve your batting.

In fact that would make more sense to me, largely because otherwise you could end up in the situation where the player _never_ gets any skill points, because their skill points are too low to score any runs - you can see the vicious circle forming there, yes?

Ross: Can you tell the things that can be modded in the PC version??

While mods may pull apart more from the file system, in the first instance it's just textures we are going to expose.

We will open more things up over time.

We need to tread carefully as mods can crash the game and I don't want an avalanche of support enquiries or claims of bugs that are introduced by mods.

Last edited:
As I think I've said my interest would be for a tool in career mode that allows kit to be changed and lineups etc between seasons.
Whether that is possible depends on how encrypted/checksummed the save files are.

@HBK619 : I loved your "Giving it a fearsome tweak" video...Can I know the revs you got for that delivery??

As I think I've said my interest would be for a tool in career mode that allows kit to be changed and lineups etc between seasons.
Whether that is possible depends on how encrypted/checksummed the save files are.

This would be great, particularly if you could somehow work in regens. Probably asking a lot though.

No reason why not tbh. It all just depends on the format of the file.
I could make every player over a certain age retire and be replaced by a 16 year old (or so). Faces might be harder as CA is so complex.

You can move player head by PRESSING R2 and L2 and then use RAS to move the head it looks nice...Might have gone unnoticed by many...:D

I often feel professional commentary in DBC 14 would have made it little more enjoyable.

I took two wickets in consecutive deliveries.

Matthew: Bang!! Bang!! there is two wickets in row for this bowler.

David (Just repeats): Bang!! Bang!! there is two wickets in row for this bowler. (In a different annotation)

I luaghed and told myself. Hey dude thats what even the first person told. Say something else :lol.

Another instance

I took six wickets in the first innings. When I took the fourth wicket in the second innings

David: Oh, this is the tenth wicket for the bowler in this innings. People will be talking about this for years (Did I do that :rolleyes)

I took the fifth wickets in the second innings

David: This is the fifth wicket for the bowler in this match. (Dude, what happened to my other six wickets :eek:)

These are not disturbing the game anyway. But just felt funny on these occasions.

Most games have commentary like that sadly. I play with just ambient sounds in career mode.

I haven't started a career but in regular matches I just use ambient sounds. Much more enjoyable and relaxing.

What I find very surprising though is how little the player names are mentioned. They must have gone to a heap of work recording them all and a big deal was made about having lots of names from the community. I can barely remember ever hearing them though.

Commentary is more an art than science and more situational wisdom than words...

..machines are not there yet!

Users who are viewing this thread