Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can't wait for the Cricket07 modders to come to the DBC forum! Who doesn't like terrible English grammar and multiple copies of the exact same thing!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They would all need to update their PC's from their Windows 98 hacked OS...

Blinder

Banned
Some of the mods for Cricket 97 are pretty impressive from what Ive seen.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow.

Did you guys know that the third umpire can apparently get it wrong, too? I just got run out (in a situation where an easy single should have been available, mind) after a referral to the third umpire where it looked to me like my bat was past the line before the bails came off.

That's more frustration than should exist in a computer game, even one that's about cricket.

D

Dutch

Some of the mods for Cricket 97 are pretty impressive from what Ive seen.

I agree. However if you spend a few minutes viewing the aforementioned threads it starts to give you a migrane. It is not so much the language as no one can help it if English isnt their first language but the overuse of smileys and the bickering is awful sometimes. @Simon does a wonderful job trying to keep things together there.

D

Dutch

did

----------

Honestly, stuff there's so terrible I'd have to delete the entire forum to keep it clean. :noway

It is hell. It is awful, truly awful and no sane man can be there for too long without starting to bark at chickens...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Chief

Panel of Selectors
off topic etc. but i recently got an email from crosse studios about them having another fundraiser for lacrosse 15 that they're doing with @Ross (on indiegogo now) not seen anything here - may have been posted but things move so damn quick here - so i don't know how many people are aware of it

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lacrosse-video-game-for-playstation-xbox-and-pc

Weird. Even before you get to the question as to why they only need $75k now, rather than the original $210k, why move to a different site to try and raise $75k when you already know that you can raise $120k on Kickstarter? Why not just reset the KS campaign and set $120k as the goal?

I think they'd be better off building a PC version only first, using early access to A) get revenue in to fund the rest of development and B) letting lots of people test the game for them before releasing it. Once that's done they could then look to move it to console.

I'm not sure this is exactly the same game: "We've been working on a 10v10 mobile lacrosse video game for the past year and plan on releasing the game on iOS and Android in the next few months. With your contribution, we will be able to take that preexisting code base and add the following:"
The screens also look look much more like Carlo's previous games and not like Big Ants: most of the Big Ant references seem to have gone. Maybe this is a game with reduced scope than the original pitch, rather than using the full Big Ant engine stuff?

Stoneyhawk

Club Captain
Has there been any updates on the DBC PS4 version? I know Ross has said second half of the year and i assume he is busy with patch #2 , but just thought i would ask. Can't wait for it.

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
I hope rookie and amateur aren't too easy on career, anyone think it will be? I have a feeling i'll have a SR of 400 and and an average of 99.95 :p

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I hope rookie and amateur aren't too easy on career, anyone think it will be? I have a feeling i'll have a SR of 400 and and an average of 99.95 :p

Play on higher levels then! I think its great that all levels are going to be available, it means kids and people like me can play the career and enjoy it rather than struggle to make 30. What's the point of creating a career mode and not have it accessible for everyone?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The remaining issue is however the fact there's difficulty increases during the career. Starting a career on Rookie just so that it never goes above Pro might have to be what some do who find the jump to Veteran and loss of bowling aids too difficult.

In future editions it would be nice if there was a more fine grained adaptive difficulty, not simply go up a level when you go up a tier. It should be based on how well you're performing in matches - if you are constantly thrashing the AI, you should be moved up until you stop, but if you're losing on Pro, you shouldn't be bumped up to Veteran just because you did well enough for an international call up.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think bowling aid are now available on any level.

Agreed that we need to work on some form of adaptive AI.

Users who are viewing this thread