Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Add so much variety to the dismissals and adds a reason and purpose for the close in fielders!

Im pretty sure in cricket 2004 there were some form of bat pad catches!

Exactly when patching the IC10 fields I had loads of close in fielders at first, then when finally dawned on me no chance of bat-pad stlye chance moved everyone out :(

C07 had it - was a config file that had to be edited extensively to ensure was effective!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I`d suggest you buy a console which would be cheaper than a highend GPU and save you a lot of pain (installing, drivers and what not). Ever since I switched over to console gaming, I have never gone back to PC gaming again. It saves you the pain of checking whether my system is good enough to handle a new game. :yes

I would suggest the exact OPPOSITE, buying a console right now would be a completely futile financial decision, since a new generation of gaming consoles are only a year, or less, away. Go and buy a PS3 or XBOX now and you're buying a product that will be obsolete in the next 12 - 18 months.

No, the better idea would be to invest in a really good home computer for your personal needs, do some research on systems and what provides the best for your home needs, along with a decent graphics card (HP have some nice entry-level to medium-level stuff in Laptop variations which are up-to-date with the current generation of PC gaming).

That way, you've got a nice home set-up for your personal computing AND gaming, get an HDMI cable and a USB controller and bam, at-home gaming and a personal computer. Problem solved.

Then just wait a few months for the next generation of consoles to come out, save some cash and get one of those if you're after console-only games. No point in buying a Playstation or XBOX now, especially if any new cricket game is coming out for this generation of consoles, may as well get it on PC you'll get a better visual experience and all the customization that PC.net offers you, rather than waiting for developer patches or getting stuck with any built-in console editors.

P

pcfan123

PS3s won't be obsolete in 12 months, they will continue to make games for it for many years.

But yea buying a new console is a bad idea, pick one up cheap used if you must.

-

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
PS3s won't be obsolete in 12 months, they will continue to make games for it for many years.

...of course, but if you're making games for a PS3 and there's a PS4 out there capable of running them, I know what system I'd be buying.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
It's to early to take xbox 720 or PS 4, they are only rumours people.
Both consoles are cheap in aus now, less than $300 but yes
if you have enough money get a good pc and please don't pirate these
games.:yes

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Don't worry us westerners won't

Think you must have a Union Jack shirt on whilst you typed that!! I'm pretty sure the west has more than its fair share of piracy. Someone who gets pirate things are just people that want something for nothing. Those people exist everywhere.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Everyone guys, lets not just say asia ok.
If you have friends that do please try to change there minds.:spy

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I'm pretty sure the west has more than its fair share of piracy. Someone who gets pirate things are just people that want something for nothing. Those people exist everywhere.

They certainly do, it's not exclusive to any corner of the globe. The difference is shops don't sell pirated material in the UK, Australia and profit from it... you can pick up pirated copies of games for a few bucks just about anywhere in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand... The issue isn't only the individuals who pirate, it's the government bodies and shops that sell and profit from illegal pirating and lack of prosecution, which affects not just the gaming community (us) but other mediums like cinema, television and so on.

In poorer countries, if a dairy down the road is selling Cricket 09 for $2 and the games store in the mall is selling it for $20 where do you think people are going to get it from? It's a cultural shift and proper laws that need to be put in place, blaming individuals doesn't really help, unfortunately. The cultural shift needs to come from the individuals to say "I will support x developer and own the game legally because it's the MORALLY RIGHT thing to do" rather than the culture of "I deserve this, and will steal it" which is more and more prevalent among the younger generation who feel they're "entitled" to these things for free, like music, movies and so on.

...and, unfortunately, game developers have absolutely no control over this kinda stuff. It starts with us, in these forums, to embrace and support purchasing games legally. As an individual, I find people who pirate games despicable quite frankly and have zero tolerance for it, especially when it comes to a sport I love.

Sorry, hugely off-topic rant.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They certainly do, it's not exclusive to any corner of the globe. The difference is shops don't sell pirated material in the UK, Australia and profit from it... you can pick up pirated copies of games for a few bucks just about anywhere in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand... The issue isn't only the individuals who pirate, it's the government bodies and shops that sell and profit from illegal pirating and lack of prosecution, which affects not just the gaming community (us) but other mediums like cinema, television and so on.

In poorer countries, if a dairy down the road is selling Cricket 09 for $2 and the games store in the mall is selling it for $20 where do you think people are going to get it from? It's a cultural shift and proper laws that need to be put in place, blaming individuals doesn't really help, unfortunately. The cultural shift needs to come from the individuals to say "I will support x developer and own the game legally because it's the MORALLY RIGHT thing to do" rather than the culture of "I deserve this, and will steal it" which is more and more prevalent among the younger generation who feel they're "entitled" to these things for free, like music, movies and so on.

...and, unfortunately, game developers have absolutely no control over this kinda stuff. It starts with us, in these forums, to embrace and support purchasing games legally. As an individual, I find people who pirate games despicable quite frankly and have zero tolerance for it, especially when it comes to a sport I love.

Sorry, hugely off-topic rant.

There are three major factors for that; accessibility, affordability and availability. Customers need to know whats the difference between a legal and illegal version, they always argue on the fact that whats the difference? I believe online features play a big role here.
Affordability, knowing their target audience is important i believe. At a possible cheaper cost, its possible to sell to both economically high and low groups of people, but not the other way.
And availability, it was frustrating to visit the retailers and hear them say the games not yet arrived. They would have the console versions but never the PC ones(around the release time).:noway
Many countries dont have a big market for gaming, but its in the hands of the marketing department to create one. Hope both these cricket games are success stories :)

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are three major factors for that; accessibility, affordability and availability. Customers need to know whats the difference between a legal and illegal version, they always argue on the fact that whats the difference? I believe online features play a big role here.
Affordability, knowing their target audience is important i believe. At a possible cheaper cost, its possible to sell to both economically high and low groups of people, but not the other way.
And availability, it was frustrating to visit the retailers and hear them say the games not yet arrived. They would have the console versions but never the PC ones(around the release time).:noway
Many countries dont have a big market for gaming, but its in the hands of the marketing department to create one. Hope both these cricket games are success stories :)

In my opinion education is the key, if people understand that piracy is theft in the strictest sense then that would reduce it. They need to understand that they are stealing.

Then after understanding that it is theft, it is what makes a person think the theft reasonable, and in that regard I agree with above, but in the order of availability followed by affordability.

Availability - You won't sell it to me so I will take it.
Affordability - You want to rip me off so I will take it.

We have often had publishers delay releases across the globe by platform to try and combat both piracy and grey importation. Many in the West will import games from India so as to have a reduced price, so the release there is delayed.
PC is often delayed as it is the most pirated platform, this is to ensure Console sales before pirate PC is available.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In my opinion education is the key, if people understand that piracy is theft in the strictest sense then that would reduce it. They need to understand that they are stealing.

Then after understanding that it is theft, it is what makes a person think the theft reasonable, and in that regard I agree with above, but in the order of availability followed by affordability.

We have often had publishers delay releases across the globe by platform to try and combat both piracy and grey importation. Many in the West will import games from India so as to have a reduced price, so the release there is delayed.
PC is often delayed as it is the most pirated platform, this is to ensure Console sales before pirate PC is available.

yeah that's what Rockstar games do, they release GTA first on Consoles then after 6 or 7 months they release it on PC.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah that's what Rockstar games do, they release GTA first on Consoles then after 6 or 7 months they release it on PC.

Thats too big a gap. I guess the 1-2 week interval like the Assassin's Creed series should be fine?

I agree, as goes the quote...trials dont change the culprit, his conscience does. But i didnt stress on that fact because on a large scale it would be more than a miracle if every such person changes overnight!
For such a thing to happen, there must be a major influencing force.

Interestingly, in India many follow our movie stars like God. I remember people saying their said hero had come on commercials and asked them not to download or buy illegal copies of their films/songs, hence they were making sure not only them but even others around them do not commit the said crime.

Very few gaming industries can afford them to be ambassadors given they have to cater to many countries. Maybe a tie-up with a national-wide influential media partner? In that case my suggestion would be Reliance_Entertainment(Wikipedia)...they are the richest in India and the CEO is one of the top 10 richest persons in the world. You might be interested in knowing they own 50% of DreamWorks Pictures and 50% of Codemasters too. They fuel Zapak Gaming India too. Im not exposed to the intricacies of such joint partnership/distribution yet, but i believe this would help in someway or the other?

Last edited:

Abhipune

Pirate
Questions

Dear Big Ant Cricket,
Congratulations on finally thinking about cricket Your RLL trailer is unbelievable. And I can only imagine that it would get better in terms of Graphics and Gameplay in cricket. Will there be domestic tournaments....its fine without licensing but it is so essential especially in a career mode. Also, DRS? Spidey Cam? Night-watchman(never seen before)? misfields?Super over? Waiting for your reply :thumbs:ind:

Users who are viewing this thread